• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "cool hair"
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
      Right, because Calderon is me-first and lacks leadership skills. /s

Don't let this Nash thing get to your head.
      jose is a good PG hes just not suited for the offence were trying to run.. as for team guy.. ull never find more team first guys then nash & jose.. both class in that regard..

Comment

• theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
        Right, because Calderon is me-first and lacks leadership skills. /s

Don't let this Nash thing get to your head.
        Nash is not getting to my head.. but Calderon is not really a leader. He may not be 'me-first', but that doesn't make him a leader. Can you give me examples that show Calderon is a leader? He has definitely not won many games for us, that's for sure. I don't think he's ever stepped it up in the playoffs. Guys don't huddle around him and listen to what he has to say. I like Calderon, but he is no where near Nash in terms of what he can do on the court.

Comment

• ... also why bring up Calderon? Isn't this thread about Dragic?

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
            Leandro Barbosa: "I'm really happy because seven teams have already made a proposal for me. I'm relaxed as my market is doing good. There is a lot of free agents in the same situation and this is normal in the NBA. Now I just have to control my anxiety and look forward to a good contract." Basketeria
            Rumors tagsFree Agency, Leandrinho Barbosa | share Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors

Leandro Barbosa: "I'd ratter not talk about proposals. I still have the option to re-sign with the Indiana Pacers. I am carefully analyzing that. I don't like to change from here to there. I came in the middle of the season, it was hard, but seems that they liked me there." Basketeria
            Rumors tagsIndiana Pacers, Free Agency, Leandrinho Barbosa | share Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors

Leandro Barbosa: "When I'm on the court, I focus entirely on the work I'm doing with the Brazilian Team. The problem is when I'm resting at the hotel. I end up thinking about my future. I get really anxious." Basketeria
            Rumors tagsFree Agency, Leandrinho Barbosa | share Share on FacebookShare on TwitterSubscribe to HoopsHype rumors
            Can't believe no mention here yet about the Raptors signing Landry Fields to a poison pill contract (verbal). Sorry cannot post the link since on my phone. On ESPN.com.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
              Can't believe no mention here yet about the Raptors signing Landry Fields to a poison pill contract (verbal). Sorry cannot post the link since on my phone. On ESPN.com.
              Oh, we know already Maleko!

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...ar-offer-sheet

Comment

• Chris Broussard just said that Toronto has a good shot of getting Nash at the :33 second mark of this video while talking about Jason Terry and the Dallas Mavs. Don't know where he got that idea about Nash and the Raps from but I like hearing that instead of all the other people saying that Nash is not going to Toronto. Just thought I would throw that out there. Peace! http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/...ct-sources-say

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                  Ive been saying this since last season. I really see no reason to get Nash over Dragic other than selling seats.
                  +10000000000000000000
                  "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    "cool hair"
                    +2
                    i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

• Sam Amick: Source confirms Brooklyn is nearing a sign & trade deal with the Clippers for F Reggie Evans. Nets would send future 2nd rounder to Clips. Twitter

I guess we will have to sick Acy after him

Comment

• ason Terry on why he likely will sign with Boston: “I just love that they have a championship pedigree. And I think their point guard (Rajon Rondo) is the best in the business at controlling both ends of the floor. And they’ve got Hall of Famers.’’
                        25 minutes ago
                        Alex Kennedy: Boston was zeroing in on O.J. Mayo, but he wanted more than the mid-level exception. Celtics couldn't afford Mayo so Jason Terry was Plan B. Twitter
                        Adrian Wojnarowski: As @Marc J. Spears reports, Celtics finalizing deal with Jason Terry. Boston is still determined to keep Ray Allen too, sources say. Twitter
                        Terry to Boston

Hurts Dallas's chance for Nash?
                        Last edited by jbml; Tue Jul 3, 2012, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• if anything its better, they have mo money
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• planetmars wrote"For those wanting Dragic.. are you seeing him as the PG of the future.. the guy that we can eventually win a championship with? Or do you just see a guy running the ship for a few years until we find that guy?

Nash is a perennial all-star, a two time MVP, and possibly future HOFer. He has not regressed even at his age. He like Chris Paul (and possibly Rondo) make guys around him better. No other PG really does that. Nash is a team-first guy and is a true leader that we haven't had for years (possibly since Oak was here). Remember, Nash is the guy that lead a mediocre Phoenix team to the conference finals in 2010 before losing out to the Lakers. They nearly made the playoffs in the West last year when they have essentially nobody except Nash. Nash is not just good, he's one of the best.

If the goal is to continue to tank then yes, Nash is a bad move - but as this past year showed us - we suck hard at tanking. Plus next years draft is supposed to be really bad.

If the goal is to get a young PG that can become an all-star then IMO Dragic is not the guy. He's good but I'd rank him as maybe above average. I don't see him ever being an all-star. He can carry a team, but you won't get anything spectacular out of him. Plus he'd be commanding about $10M a year as well. I'd rather give that money to Nash. It's kind of ironic too, because I don't think Dragic would be commanding $10M a year if it wasn't for Nash.

My opinions have nothing to do with Nash selling seats. I don't give a rats ass if Toronto sells out its games. I want the Raps to become champions, and even though I don't see it happening in the next 3 years - I do see a winning culture shift with Nash on board - and that's the direction I want this team to head towards."

I absolutely do see Dragic as a possibility for PG Of The Future. There is no way to look at a guy that young who has just auditioned for a starting job by posting solid points/assists/percentages during his stint as the starter in Houston as a 2 year, stop gap solution. That's the kind of response to being thrust into a starting role that you look for.

If you sign Nash to that big deal are you not also resigning your team to continuing the search for your PG of the future?
                            Last edited by camanda; Tue Jul 3, 2012, 04:32 PM. Reason: adding quote from another poster

Comment

• I would rather take a chance on Bayless than on Dragic. I still like what Bayless can bring and would take a chance on him for say 4-5 mil/year then Dragic at 10. Calderon is a decent PG but lets look at Bayless. he was solid as a starter.

Another possibility is Jonny Flynn. He really impressed me in his college days and I want to see what he can bring at the NBA level given a ligit chance. He has some canadian fans too considering he grew up in Niagara

Comment

• camanda wrote: View Post
                                planetmars wrote"For those wanting Dragic.. are you seeing him as the PG of the future.. the guy that we can eventually win a championship with? Or do you just see a guy running the ship for a few years until we find that guy?

Nash is a perennial all-star, a two time MVP, and possibly future HOFer. He has not regressed even at his age. He like Chris Paul (and possibly Rondo) make guys around him better. No other PG really does that. Nash is a team-first guy and is a true leader that we haven't had for years (possibly since Oak was here). Remember, Nash is the guy that lead a mediocre Phoenix team to the conference finals in 2010 before losing out to the Lakers. They nearly made the playoffs in the West last year when they have essentially nobody except Nash. Nash is not just good, he's one of the best.

If the goal is to continue to tank then yes, Nash is a bad move - but as this past year showed us - we suck hard at tanking. Plus next years draft is supposed to be really bad.

If the goal is to get a young PG that can become an all-star then IMO Dragic is not the guy. He's good but I'd rank him as maybe above average. I don't see him ever being an all-star. He can carry a team, but you won't get anything spectacular out of him. Plus he'd be commanding about $10M a year as well. I'd rather give that money to Nash. It's kind of ironic too, because I don't think Dragic would be commanding $10M a year if it wasn't for Nash.

My opinions have nothing to do with Nash selling seats. I don't give a rats ass if Toronto sells out its games. I want the Raps to become champions, and even though I don't see it happening in the next 3 years - I do see a winning culture shift with Nash on board - and that's the direction I want this team to head towards."

I absolutely do see Dragic as a possibility for PG Of The Future. There is no way to look at a guy that young who has just auditioned for a starting job by posting solid points/assists/percentages during his stint as the starter in Houston as a 2 year, stop gap solution. That's the kind of response to being thrust into a starting role that you look for.

If you sign Nash to that big deal are you not also resigning your team to continuing the search for your PG of the future?
                                remember the stint Bayless had starting the games.. with your reasoning he could be the PG of the future.. not tht i think he is..just saying, players can go on streches & look great..doesnt mean they can maintain it.. & i think Dragic will be average no more.. & def. not worth 10mill.
                                i for one am hopeing for nash but if that falls through i hope they decide to stay with Jose rather then the others avail to us at the moment. other then D.Will Nash is the only other PG avail. right now that is better then Jose..IMO
                                Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Tue Jul 3, 2012, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X