Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camanda wrote: View Post
    I absolutely do see Dragic as a possibility for PG Of The Future. There is no way to look at a guy that young who has just auditioned for a starting job by posting solid points/assists/percentages during his stint as the starter in Houston as a 2 year, stop gap solution. That's the kind of response to being thrust into a starting role that you look for.

If you sign Nash to that big deal are you not also resigning your team to continuing the search for your PG of the future?
    The Raptors are years away from finding a super-star talent that can take us to the next level, or to help create a winning culture. I do not believe that Dragic can do that for us. He is a nice player, but no where near what Nash can do for us.

Yes you are right in that we would still need to find a PG for the future. But why is there such a hurry? I think if we can get Nash, he can help change our culture, and then in a year get a young PG (maybe via the draft) to work with Nash so that he could eventually become our guy in 2-3 years. Wall for example has a lot of potential to be great, but leading a bunch of young guys with no experience did nothing for Washington. Irving won ROY and has shown to be an excellent player, but again Cleveland ended up with a horrible record last year.

If the intention is to continue to tank, then yes Dragic is a good choice. Maybe even Bayless for a season. Personally I would rather keep Jose for a year then. But if the intention is to help change our identity and shift our culture into one that is no longer the laughing stock of the league, then I go for a guy that can do that. Nash is one of a handful of guys in the league that has that capability, even at his advanced age. I think it would be a mistake not to go after him.

Again my endorsement has nothing to do with how many tickets MLSE can sell.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      The Raptors are years away from finding a super-star talent that can take us to the next level, or to help create a winning culture. I do not believe that Dragic can do that for us. He is a nice player, but no where near what Nash can do for us.

Yes you are right in that we would still need to find a PG for the future. But why is there such a hurry? I think if we can get Nash, he can help change our culture, and then in a year get a young PG (maybe via the draft) to work with Nash so that he could eventually become our guy in 2-3 years. Wall for example has a lot of potential to be great, but leading a bunch of young guys with no experience did nothing for Washington. Irving won ROY and has shown to be an excellent player, but again Cleveland ended up with a horrible record last year.

If the intention is to continue to tank, then yes Dragic is a good choice. Maybe even Bayless for a season. Personally I would rather keep Jose for a year then. But if the intention is to help change our identity and shift our culture into one that is no longer the laughing stock of the league, then I go for a guy that can do that. Nash is one of a handful of guys in the league that has that capability, even at his advanced age. I think it would be a mistake not to go after him.

Again my endorsement has nothing to do with how many tickets MLSE can sell.
      I can see your point, while I still think that Dragic is more than a stop-gap I wouldn't howl if Nash came aboard and accomplished the things you've outlined.

I think that at the very least we can all agree that it's nice to be able to start having these options and possible outcomes to discuss! Maybe, finally, we're about to become a threat in the NBA!

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Thanks... I was already worried about an AK47 signing, this just makes it worst. Unless we can get Nash in a S&T, it would mean we'd have to amnesty Jose, which I'm not a fan of. I hope Kirilenko is low on their wish list.
        you are not a fan of jose or amnestying him?
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Is there a way to keep calderon and sign dragic? Salary experts please find out!

That would be potent.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
            you are not a fan of jose or amnestying him?
            not a fan of amnestying him.. I think Jose should net us something whether it is a future pick or something.

Comment

• DeRon WilLiams is staying in Brooklyn
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• T'Wolves offer Blazers F Batum 4yr/$50m. An under the radar player that would be a good addition to go w/Love/Rubio

source: Jalen Rose

interesting...if he accepts that FUCKS Blazers cap room
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Houston rescinds offer for Courtney Lee...now a FA

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    Is there a way to keep calderon and sign dragic? Salary experts please find out!

That would be potent.
                    Calderon has to be out of the mix - work with Bayless Dragon and a broomstick.

I can't bear the thought of another season with CLAP DEFENSE with Calderon.
                    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                      Houston rescinds offer for Courtney Lee...now a FA
                      Did anyone see that coming? I'm shocked by that.

What is coming from Houston next?

My guess: Lin and/or Pau Gasol.

Comment

• not really surprised, they just drafted lamb and have whatshisface there already
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Houston needs Lin now...Dragic turned down their offer and Lowry doesn't want to play there

Comment

• D. will, Wallace, Joe Johnson. Has New Jersey just made itself into a playoff team?

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              T'Wolves offer Blazers F Batum 4yr/$50m. An under the radar player that would be a good addition to go w/Love/Rubio

source: Jalen Rose...
                              Jeez, with all the talk about him I would hardly call him under the radar.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                                D. will, Wallace, Joe Johnson. Has New Jersey just made itself into a playoff team?
                                I'd say yes.

With Lopez and Hump rounding out the Starting 5 and Marshon Brooks coming off the Bench, thats not a bad 6-man Rotation.

Comment

Working...
                                X