View Poll Results: Who should be #1 on the Raptors' list to sign?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nash

13 33.33%
  • Batum

15 38.46%
  • Mayo

2 5.13%
  • Lin

2 5.13%
  • Lee

1 2.56%
  • Fields

4 10.26%
  • Hinrich

1 2.56%
  • Kidd

0 0%
  • L.Williams

0 0%
  • Green

1 2.56%
Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1585

Thread: Free Agency 2012

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mickaël Piétrus?

Hey guys what about my man Mike Pietrus?
    I would love to see him on the Raptors and he already mentioned in the past that he would be really open to sign in Toronto.
    And we all know BC really likes the guy.

Thoughts?

And how much money could we offer him? His agent already said that he's not going to play for the veteran's minimum.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not many are in favour, there was a thread discussing him already.. For a 3rs string I wouldn't mind, but we already have Anderson..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Not many are in favour, there was a thread discussing him already.. For a 3rs string I wouldn't mind, but we already have Anderson..
    We already have Anderson?

And Pietrus is much better than Anderson.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Hey guys what about my man Mike Pietrus?
    I would love to see him on the Raptors and he already mentioned in the past that he would be really open to sign in Toronto.
    And we all know BC really likes the guy.

Thoughts?

And how much money could we offer him? His agent already said that he's not going to play for the veteran's minimum.
    Sure if he comes cheap. You can't go wrong with depth.

Post Thanks / Like

There's better, cheaper players out there.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Sure if he comes cheap. You can't go wrong with depth.
    Oh man, in Europe they used to say that phrase all the time, but we thought they said "you can't go wrong with debt." Geez man, I gotto do something, make some calls. Something went wrong.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Calderon and DD to OKC for Maynor and Harden (provided he signs and extension). Would that be a fair trade for both sides? Is it doable? Sorry, my knowledge of how trades work is piss poor.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Calderon and DD to OKC for Maynor and Harden (provided he signs and extension). Would that be a fair trade for both sides? Is it doable? Sorry, my knowledge of how trades work is piss poor.
    Definitely not fair for OKC.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I don't believe it would work because OKC does not have the cap space to take on Jose's salary without giving as much back. Both Maynor and Harden are on rookie deals so are not making that much. Conceivably they could use Perkins instead of Maynor but we have enough bigs, and I can't stand Perkins.

Also I see OKC keeping Harden this year, and will probably amnesty/trade Perkins next off season to help them keep both Ibaka and Harden. But some team will offer a max to both Ibaka and Harden, and OKC will have a tough decision to make. I don't see them trading either one of them until this season plays out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hello wrote: View Post
    Definitely not fair for OKC.
    It seems pretty even to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Brandon Rush got resigned by the Warriors for 8 mil over 2 years. That's a hell of a bargain.

Golden State having themselves a hell of a offseason. If everyone stays healthy (huge if) I could see them challenging for a playoff spot.

Raptors Republic Starter Mindlessness's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Mehmet Okur at least he does more than rebound like Gray

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting to note that Barbosa has not signed anywhere and seemingly has drawn almost no interest or news. I guess that would lend credence to why BC couldn't get a high first round pick or a borderline star in a trade for him as some on here think should have happened.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    Interesting to note that Barbosa has not signed anywhere and seemingly has drawn almost no interest or news. I guess that would lend credence to why BC couldn't get a high first round pick or a borderline star in a trade for him as some on here think should have happened.
    Man all the whining when he couldn't get top notch talent of lottery picks for Barbosa. People act like all you have to do is want something and the magic trade fairy will make it happen. As if BC isn't trying to get the best value back for anything. If it doesn't happen, it is not likley because BC didn't try. More likley because he couldn't find a dance partner. All the haters should realize there are reasons that they aren't pulling down the big coin as General Managers. It's because it isn't an easy job. And wanting to get Dwight Howard for a TPE and bag of navel lint doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Brandon Rush got resigned by the Warriors for 8 mil over 2 years. That's a hell of a bargain.

Golden State having themselves a hell of a offseason. If everyone stays healthy (huge if) I could see them challenging for a playoff spot.
    Golden State owned his rights though (restricted free agency). Easier to get bargains when you hold the majority of the leverage. If the Raps (or any other team) made that offer or any reasonable offer, it would have been matched guarantteed.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Aug 2nd, 2012 at 06:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I find it interesting to read comments like, "Raps/BC shoulda signed (player X). Look at what he signed/settled for elsewhere!"

Ronnie Brewer is a classic case (and a guy I would have loved the Raps to sign).

Almost immediately after the Chicago Bulls decided not to guarantee the final year of guard Ronnie Brewer’s contract, the New York Knicks started their pursuit. The Knicks made their interest known very early and aggressively recruited the 27-year-old.

He officially joined the Knicks last week, signing a one-year deal worth the veteran’s minimum.

A lot of different teams were reaching out to me and I was weighing my options,” Brewer said to HOOPSWORLD. “At the end of the day, it didn’t come down to money. It came down to the best situation for me, as a person and as a player. I wanted to go somewhere I could win and have success. I wanted to go to a situation where playing basketball would be fun and I would enjoy doing it. You can go to a team that’s not as a good so that you thrive a little bit more, even though you’re losing, but that’s not fun to me. I wanted to go to a place where I could win.”

“From day one, the Knicks were on me and my agent,” Brewer said. “I had some relationships with people in the organization. Darrell Walker, one of the assistant coaches, and Damon Jones, who works in the front office, both went to Arkansas and they reached out to me. Coach Woodson reached out to me and the GM reached out to me as well. I felt like they really wanted me and I was an important target for their team, maybe the missing piece for them to be successful. It felt good to have the coaches and management reach out to me and recruit me.”
    I feel like it’s a great opportunity for me. With Iman Shumpert out right now, they need a defensive presence on the perimeter. Coach Woodson is a defensive-minded coach so I feel like it plays to my strengths. After talking with him, he seemed excited and I’m definitely excited. It’s a huge challenge. There are a lot of expectations for this team because we have so much star power. For me, I’m just going to come in and do my job: Defend, make hustle plays, take charges and run the floor. I just want to be the glue guy on an already good team. I’ve been working on my jump shot so I’ll be able to knock down open shots and I can finish in the lane and on the break. After talking to Coach, he felt like I could really be a plus for this team and make an impact.”
    While Brewer would have liked to return to the Bulls, he feels he has landed in another great situation with the Knicks. He’s counting the days until the season begins and he can’t wait to don blue and orange.

“It’s the bright lights and the big stage,” Brewer said. “This is what every basketball player lives for and I can’t wait for the season to start.”
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-bre...ass-on-knicks/

Not saying the Raps are one of those teams but when other teams are offering more money (and the link on HW homepage says minutes as well) and he still takes minimum, what is a team to do?

Free agency does not exist in a vacuum. It is easy for fans to pinpoint other contracts and say, "Why couldn't we get this player for that amount?" but it doesn't work that way. Too many variables from market, previous relationships with those in organization, opportunity to win, role with team, family, perceived quality of life from player, agent relationships with teams, etc. in addition to money.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good points that have been made at different times by yourself and others before. Hope those complaining about Cloangelo's lack of effort read this.

Post Thanks / Like

Jamaal Magloire

Post Thanks / Like

Default TheNBAGeek.com: 10 worst contracts of 2012-13

10. Marco Belinelli
    9. Raymond Felton
    8. Kirk Hinrich
    7. Jamal Crawford
    6. Chris Kaman
    5. OJ Mayo
    4. Nick Young
    3. Michael Beasley
    2. Jeff Green
    1. Brook Lopez

Really worth the click to read rationale: http://www.thenbageek.com/articles/t...2-13-contracts

I am really liking this site. Whoever first posted it in here that I saw, thank you! I don't always agree because basketball is not a strictly statistical sport but I definitely respect the consistency of the arguments.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Good points that have been made at different times by yourself and others before. Hope those complaining about Cloangelo's lack of effort read this.
    They are goid points. But, that means there is good counter-points as well.

Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 LastLast

Thread Information