Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Derozan do the Dunk Contest this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Derozan do the Dunk Contest this year?

I know Demar has come out and said that he likely won't participate, but everyone knows he wants to go in there and win it finally.

What do you think?

Would it be a bright spot for an otherwise Bleak season?

Or is just an unnecessary distraction for a player that is struggling?
    Heck Ya! Why wouldn't he? He'd win it and it'd be something to Smile about maybe.
    43.48%
    Nah. No point. What's he got left to prove?
    52.17%
    Dunk Contest? They still do that thing?
    4.35%

Na, he already proved he can win it last year until Blake hype won him the contest. I think it'd be better if he didn't and rested/focused on getting better as a player.

Comment

He got screwed over two times. Third times a charm.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
        Na, he already proved he can win it last year until Blake hype won him the contest. I think it'd be better if he didn't and rested/focused on getting better as a player.
        Proving you can win it, and actually winning it are very different things.

I do not see how it can be a huge distraction, but who knows. To me at least, I think he should participate in the dunk contest. We are not gonna be winning very many games, or getting much attention,and it is always nice to see someone representing the team on a world wide stage.

Comment

I'm on the fence on the matter, and thats one reason why I made the thread.

I could appreciate and understand if Demar just said 'f*ck it, I'm done'.
          But I think with the attention he garnered last year, and how many of the US media outlets were pointing out that he did in fact get robbed, I could see how he'd have a VERY good chance at winning it.

If I had a choice between him stepping up his game another level, or him participating in the Dunk Contest, I'd obviously choose for him to improve his game. But I'm not sure its that simple, nor is that Black and White.

He deserves the attention, and I think he sort of relishes it.
          And having him be around that many Incredible players, can't be a bad thing.

Comment

He needs to stay back and learn to stop dribbling like a five year-old. Dunk contest my ass. The Phoenix game was pretty telling when Casey stuck his ass on the bench. I mean Barbosa closed the game. I'm not sure if that's ever happened in his career. This shows you that Casey's leash isn't as long as DD thinks it is.
            Last edited by Balls of Steel; Wed Jan 25, 2012, 07:57 AM.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

No way!
              |Although his dunks were in the contest were decent, he brings zero personality to go with them. He needs to figure out a way to start playing better and taking time to think about dunks he never does in a game is not going to help him.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Absolutely not. Dunk off is a joke now. He's too creative for it...
                Peace. Positivity. Prosperity.

Comment

If there were no props, go for it.

Since there probably will be, take the time to go home and try to remove head from @ss.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    He needs to stay back and learn to stop dribbling like a five year-old. Dunk contest my ass. The Phoenix game was pretty telling when Casey stuck his ass on the bench. I mean Barbosa closed the game. I'm not sure if that's ever happened in his career. This shows you that Casey's leash isn't as long as DD thinks it is.
                    Agreed. DeRozan would be doing this team (and its fans) a HUGE disservice by wasting precious practice time working on new dunks, instead of improving his game.

DeRozan, forget about the circus side show that is All-Star Saturday Night, and step up where it counts, FFS!

Comment

Good grief! No. Isnt that what he was doing in all those lockout games? Did it help his overall game any? That is a sideshow at the event and does nothing bb wise for the player or his team. Wanna go to the allstar game? Get there through the front door.

Comment

What does it really matter if Derozan wants to be in the dunk contest? It's not like the team practices during the all star break. He's a young guy so doesn't really need the rest like a veteran would. If he wants to be in the contest then I'm cool with it. If anything it might promote the team more when it will be a long time before we have another star that gets into the actual game based on merit.

Speaking of Raptors and the all-star break, I wonder if Bargnani would be interested in taking part in the 3pt shoot out. He may not win, but I could see him having some fun with it.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Good grief! No. Isnt that what he was doing in all those lockout games? Did it help his overall game any? That is a sideshow at the event and does nothing bb wise for the player or his team. Wanna go to the allstar game? Get there through the front door.
                          ++1

Comment

i'd care to see him on Celebrity Jeopardy more

the dunk contest hasn't been about dunks in a very long time... it should be called the "who can get shaq to jump the highest out of his seat (no actual dunking required) contest"

Comment

I would like him to but i'd rather him practice on his dribbling and his other skills. Try to take that next step and get out of this slump

Comment

Working...
                              X