Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calderon wants to be traded to a Contender? Update: Raps feel the same? (post 37)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sell high. Bayless will do. Let's keep the tank rolling. If this yields us another player and a pick moving forward, why not. I think that this is a result of a wait and see approach that BC is taking with this team. I mean, if Bargs didn't go down and DD is his usual self as a result of Calderon's improved play, this topic wouldn't surface. However, Bargs is gone, DD still thinks he's in the Drew League yet the team continues to play hard every night. Good signs in my opinion (minus DD's pathetic regression). Do it now and do it fast.

Are you listening NYC? I'm not sure if this works but Landry Fields would be very nice at the SF spot for us!!!
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

The article is on hoopshype. It's the main page

Comment

This thread should be merged with the other thread on Jose wanting to be traded.

Edit: Yayy
        Last edited by AJ360; Sat Jan 28, 2012, 01:30 PM.

Comment

A trade with the lakers would be awesome.
          Some thing like Jose for Blake, Walton and a first rounder.

And then get them to take barbosa for their TPE from the odom trade for the second first rounder.

Comment

I could see Utah being willing to ship out Devin Harris. His name has already come up in rumors but just not involving the Raptors. I'm not saying I'm all for it but I am saying that's probably the main piece they'd want involved.

I don't like anything the Lakers could offer. The Raptors would be better off letting Calderon walk or amnestying him rather than do a deal with the Lakers.

As for the Magic, well, I don't see much I like that would work beyond JJ Redick and I don't know if they would be willing to move him. This: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7wtaxhd

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              I could see Utah being willing to ship out Devin Harris. His name has already come up in rumors but just not involving the Raptors. I'm not saying I'm all for it but I am saying that's probably the main piece they'd want involved.

I don't like anything the Lakers could offer. The Raptors would be better off letting Calderon walk or amnestying him rather than do a deal with the Lakers.

As for the Magic, well, I don't see much I like that would work beyond JJ Redick and I don't know if they would be willing to move him. This: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7wtaxhd
              Regarding Lakers, unless a 3rd team was involved. I like Morris and their draft picks.

I like the Magic trade. Orton is expiring and unrestricted next year as the Magic did not pick up his option on his rookie deal. Redick has one year left at $6M in '12-13 - the elusive 3 and D off the bench. Although if it is just him and DD he could ver well be a starter given how DeMar is playing.

Comment

Ya Redick would be a sweet addition to this team. We may have to take Duhon back in a trade

Comment

It would be great if we saw a three team trade resulting in Brandon Jennings coming here if they really are shopping Jose ( key word IF)
                  Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

I'd say Amir probably has more trade value than Davis at this point in the season. Regardless of recent play by the two.

I think a package of Jose, Amir and Barbosa, could net us a real nice piece for the future.

Still don't want to see Jose go, but if we can get a solid core piece going forward, I'd be impressed.

Comment

Not holding my breath on Jose actually getting traded
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        Not holding my breath on Jose actually getting traded
                        Totally agreed. Remember the source of the rumour. Marc Stein knows as much about the Raptors as a drunk knows sobriety.

Comment

Unless the plan is to be very aggressive in free agency, or unless a team needs him bad enough to include a good asset, I am happier holding onto him for the season. If it's just some other middle of the road young guy, I am not very interested unless he brings something that makes him particularly valuable to us.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Regarding Lakers, unless a 3rd team was involved. I like Morris and their draft picks.

I like the Magic trade. Orton is expiring and unrestricted next year as the Magic did not pick up his option on his rookie deal. Redick has one year left at $6M in '12-13 - the elusive 3 and D off the bench. Although if it is just him and DD he could ver well be a starter given how DeMar is playing.
                            Matt, I'm wondering if in 5 years, you'll be switching your avatar from having BC in it to Demar. I think it will take that long for DD to get it as well. No way in hell that Orlando would let go of Redick. SVG's game plan always involves 2 to 3, 3-point shooters in the court at any given time.
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I think there are quite a few teams that could use Calderon's skills, outside of the ones mentioned in this thread recently:

NJ (insurance if DWill leaves)
                              Detroit (mentor for Knight)
                              Indiana
                              Milwaukee (in case Jennings is on the block)
                              Charlotte (in case Augustin bolts)
                              Miami
                              Phoenix (in case Nash bolts)

As for Orlando, getting a pass first guard may not be the smartest move, especially if they plan to keep Hedo. I'm sure they don't want another 'ball' situation on that team.

Jose can also be a solid backup guard, so that could increase his stock for a lot of teams that already have a solid PG (Chicago, Boston, OKC, etc). This is especially useful next year when he has an expiring contract. Lots of possibilities really.. I do hope that if he does get traded there is something really valuable coming back to us (like a lottery pick).

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                                Matt, I'm wondering if in 5 years, you'll be switching your avatar from having BC in it to Demar. I think it will take that long for DD to get it as well. No way in hell that Orlando would let go of Redick. SVG's game plan always involves 2 to 3, 3-point shooters in the court at any given time.
                                I'm not sure I understand the reference to the BC avatar. I've always been a fan of BC. He took huge gambles that I didn't disagree with they just didn't work out. However even if they had I think the Raptors had a ceiling of a 2nd round exit. For the first time in 5 years he is trying to build a contender versus a competitor. I like the shift.

As for DeMar, I was comparing he and Redick at this time. I didn't say trade Redick for DeMar. At this time given DeMar's play, Redick should realistic get strong consideration starting over DeMar if they were on the same team.

I still maintain DeMar snaps out of his funk soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X