January 25: Utah Jazz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Kleiza = clutch. Am I alone here in liking his game? Everyone seems to call for his amnesty from this team.
    I'm a huge Kleiza supporter off the bench. I think he and James Johnson provide a great combination of versatility with both able to play the 3/4 depending on matchups and they compliment one another - both provide energy but in different ways.

The only way I'd consider amnestying him is if his knee ever becomes a problem. I think he is a great role player on a very reasonable contract.

Comment

If we decide to draft a SF this summer, it's fair to assume that there won't be enough space for both JJ and Kleiza on this team (neither is a 3rd stringer). At this point, it's a tough call on which one to keep.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        If we decide to draft a SF this summer, it's fair to assume that there won't be enough space for both JJ and Kleiza on this team (neither is a 3rd stringer). At this point, it's a tough call on which one to keep.
        I don't agree. Both can play 3 or 4. Both have different games. There will always be injuries.

I think a decision should be made between ED and Amir before JJ and Kleiza.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I don't agree. Both can play 3 or 4. Both have different games. There will always be injuries.

I think a decision should be made between ED and Amir before JJ and Kleiza.
          Agree that the ED/Amir situation needs to be addressed, but I just don't see enough minutes for a rookie, JJ and Kleiza (even if you include some minutes at PF) for all 3 players to be productive and/or happy.

Even if we go after Wilson Chandler instead, IMO, JJ or Kleiza will probably be dealt.

Comment

Highlights!

NBA.com

Raptors.com

Comment

Surprising win. Great, gritty effort by the Raps. Defense was very solid, especially in key moments. Bargs didn't shoot the ball well but he made a positive difference on both ends despite the FG% and turnovers. Kudos to Kleiza and Calderon for playing big in OT.

On the downside, who is going to take the heat for Bargs' injury? Guy has a recurring injury, misses a whack of games, and you run him out there for 80 minutes in a back-to-back? I'm sorry, I know Bargs wants to play and win but this is where the coach has to use some sense and realize what could happen. Now, Bargs could be out for, well, who knows? The two wins were great but now you're without your best player for an indefinite stretch. We've all seen what happens with no Bargnani. Casey has to take a lot of the blame here, along with Colangelo for not protecting his only decent player.

Comment

Wow, great game - well, I didn't catch the first half but man did Kleiza ever show up in OT! To say I'm relieved to get something from one of our 3's is an understatement. Also, Jose sinking that crazy 3 with only 2 left on the shot clock was pretty sweet!

Any word on how bad Barney (re)tweeked his calf? Having him back in the lineup for only 2 games was such a tease!

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                  It's going to be a long night!
                  This was from me from post #2. All along my exact thoughts back in the first quarter were "This is going to go to two overtimes."

Comment

Working...
                  X