There is no ED in team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is no ED in team.

I didnt watch the game, but caught the highlights on NBA.com this morning. Couple things stuck out to me...

1) Great heads up screen by JJ to keep Harris from even looking at Caldy's shot. And then immediately crahses the boards. No hesitation. Kid has a knack for finding open lanes to the boards. SLOWLY becoming a believer.

2) After calderon hits the tying three and the bench goes nuts ED is standing,and you get a little below the hip fist pump. (does this disturb anyone else?) I would think when you have one so few games you would be pretty pumped for your team to stay in this and not to mention pull one out. Maybe its just his demeanor.....BUT.....

ED just seems quite detached, and almost disinterested. I dont like it. Feel free to tell me im pulling a "bleacher report" and making something out of nothing.

http://www.nba.com/games/20120125/TO...#nbaGIboxscore

ed seems all business to me. he is probably happy with the team and still upset with himself. he probably set himself high goals this year and is having trouble meeting them. i think he will be a very good first big off the bench. if he could score more he would make a decent starter though. i also think that one of him or amir will be leaving this draft. personally i think that amir would be better to keep as he would have the most respect and loyalty to the franchise that gave him a shot, taught him and got him paid.

Comment

SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
      I didnt watch the game, but caught the highlights on NBA.com this morning. Couple things stuck out to me...

1) Great heads up screen by JJ to keep Harris from even looking at Caldy's shot. And then immediately crahses the boards. No hesitation. Kid has a knack for finding open lanes to the boards. SLOWLY becoming a believer.

2) After calderon hits the tying three and the bench goes nuts ED is standing,and you get a little below the hip fist pump. (does this disturb anyone else?) I would think when you have one so few games you would be pretty pumped for your team to stay in this and not to mention pull one out. Maybe its just his demeanor.....BUT.....

ED just seems quite detached, and almost disinterested. I dont like it. Feel free to tell me im pulling a "bleacher report" and making something out of nothing.

http://www.nba.com/games/20120125/TO...#nbaGIboxscore

He was certainly involved on the bench in PHX. A little below the hip fist pump is better than sitting on the bench or sitting on the bench with a towel over his head. I think it is too small of a sample size to think anything of it. However it certainly does provide reason to watch his demeanour in the future. Hopefully he gets his sh!t together with Bargnani out and actually stays on the floor and this is a non-issue.

Comment

In all likelihood, he was probably pissed (at either himself, or Casey) for not getting significant minutes.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          In all likelihood, he was probably pissed (at either himself, or Casey) for not getting significant minutes.
          If he was pissed, I sure hope it was at himself. If he is pissed at Casey then that is a good sign he is not the player or person who the majority of Raptor fans thought or hoped he was.

Comment

I'm not trying bashing the guy, because I think he is amazing, but Bargs let me down a bit last night. Yes he was injured, but I've seen a lot of great players get up off the bench and limp to the huddle and encourage the team during time outs, or stand up and cheer after huge plays. I would have liked to see that from Andrea, it bothered me that he stayed in his seat during those Overtime timeouts. I would like to see him yell and encourage the team more. This is his team, and he is by far it's best player.

Or maybe his injury is that severe and I will feel like an asshole later. Maybe the huddles should have come to him. I just would like to see that kind of leadership from him.

As, for ED, I don't think he has an outgoing personality. I think some of that is read wrong.

Comment

What a thread
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                I'm not trying bashing the guy, because I think he is amazing, but Bargs let me down a bit last night. Yes he was injured, but I've seen a lot of great players get up off the bench and limp to the huddle and encourage the team during time outs, or stand up and cheer after huge plays. I would have liked to see that from Andrea, it bothered me that he stayed in his seat during those Overtime timeouts. I would like to see him yell and encourage the team more. This is his team, and he is by far it's best player.

Or maybe his injury is that severe and I will feel like an asshole later. Maybe the huddles should have come to him. I just would like to see that kind of leadership from him.

As, for ED, I don't think he has an outgoing personality. I think some of that is read wrong.
                You gotta be kidding, right?

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                  You gotta be kidding, right?
                  No, I'm completely serious. Wouldn't you do that if you were in his place. I couldn't sit on the bench watching everyone in a huddle. If he is severely injured than I understand. If he can walk to the dressing room on his own, then I don't see why he wouldn't. If I was in the same position I would want to be in there. I think it was a huge game for Raps.

Honestly, I think he is awesome, it's just something that bothered me a bit.

Comment

I think a more appropriate thread title would have been: There is no Ed is Dwayne Casey. Casey has shown no interest in developing ED, opting instead for veteran players who are more likely to provide him with the win. Any disinterest that Ed might be showing would seemingly be related to the fact that his coach has shown absolutely zero faith in his ability, giving him no meaningful minutes (if any minutes at all). He comes in, gets 2 pts, 5 rebounds, 1 assist (and is +9) in 11 minutes and then sits for the rest of the game.

Comment

If he can walk to the dressing room on his own, then I don't see why he wouldn't.

No. He needed help to go outside the court

Comment

Dude when's bargs was out Ed started and played like garbage and ended up on the wrong side of a deandre Jordan dunk highlight.

Comment

This is why i dont come here anymore because when i do i see a thread with the OP criticizing ED because he's doesnt do a full fist pump and jump up and down like a maniac and then u got Saints91 talking shit about Bargs because he wont man up and completely fuck his ankle over ? When the the guy is playing his heart all season and probably comes back early from injury to lead this team !

Fucking newbie Raptors fans are delusional trying to find negatives into something positive, cant ever be happy and enjoy the team just winning,always unhappy with something !
                          "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

rdiaz101 wrote: View Post
                            Fucking newbie Raptors fans are delusional trying to find negatives into something positive, cant ever be happy and enjoy the team just winning,always unhappy with something !
                            Ummmm, we are talking about the Toronto Raptors, right?

Can you really blame fans for not being happy considering how shit this team has been over a 16 year existence? Wake up.

Comment

Actually we've had around 11 shitty seasons. Get your facts straight

Comment

Working...
                              X