View Poll Results: Who wold you rather have for a PG moving forward: Jose or Jennings?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jose Calderon

24 52.17%
  • Brandon Jennings

22 47.83%
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Jennings

Hybrid View

Raptors Republic Rookie your mom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Brandon Jennings

Recently, Brandon Jennings tweeted this:

"If you could be from another city. What City would it be??? Or State?"
    and then...
    "I'm from #California so I'm good.... But if I had to pick I would say #Toronto...."

https://twitter.com/#!/BRAND0NJENNINGS

It seems he would love to come here, has DD to buddy up with, and we need a point guard. Based on these facts, should BC go after him full force once his contract is up (no idea when) what do yall think?

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

don't really like jennings. would prefer felton or even augustin.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jennings isn't a guy I would openly go after. But then again, there aren't too many (American) players who openly choose Toronto. With some guidance/discipline from Casey, Jennings definitely has the tools to be a standout PG in this league. It could be exactly what the doctor ordered when this team is ready to compete in 2-3 years. Combine that with the DeRozan buddy factor, and it looks to be an even better fit.

He's got 2 years left, plus a qualifying offer. Wonder what it would take to get him.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

On the plus side he is having a solid third year in the NBA, showing good improvement on his shooting percentages. His assist to turn over ratio is also improved. On the negative side, he is slight of frame and I question his durability. There are worse guys out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Jennings has huge talent and he's aggressive but he needs to become more focused on protecting the ball and creating for others. If he were traded here or if he were to sign here I would be ok with it. The Raptors could do a lot worse and from a talent perspective they don't have anyone who can match his talents at the guard spot. He also has a year of experience playing over seas so not only would he jive with his best bud DeRozan but he could also probably relate well to Bargnani and JV. That's very important seeing how those two guys will probably options 1 and 2 in a few years.

I think he could be had for someone like Ed Davis. Others could be added to round out the deal so that it's fair while meeting the CBA.

Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we have anything to offer the Bucks. We can't add DeMar, and Bargs is not an option. I also wouldn't give a 2012 first rounder for him. The only other option is to give up Ed Davis, a future draft pick and send Barbosa and expiring contracts for their unwanted salary (S.Jackson, Udrih, or Gooden). That doesn't sound like a good option for us. It to bad because that would he would be a nice addition.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't see the Buck's trading Jennings unless it was for a player or assets that is sure to make them better. They are building the team around Bogut and Jennings as core peices.

Post Thanks / Like

RT @TheRealJudah @BRAND0NJENNINGS Why Toronto? The city is amazing!!!! And the women are beautiful
    I like this kid. He knows what he's talking about.

I would imagine he's got Demar in his ear, mentioning how are Strip Clubs are WAAAY better than the US; how we've got the biggest Carabana outside of the Carribean; and how Rexdale is almost JUST LIKE Compton where the two are from! Hahaha
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Raptors Republic Rookie Afro_Daddy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    rexdale is almost just like compton where the two are from! Hahaha
    lmao!

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Afro_Daddy wrote: View Post
    lmao!

not even close to Compton...LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    not even close to Compton...LOL
    Hahahah! Oh man, I love that someone from Rexdale chimed in on that.
    I don't know though Don, I lived in the Rex for a few years, and those streets are pretty rough! LOL
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    mentioning how are Strip Clubs are WAAAY better than the US;
    dude it is not about the strip clubs...

just the average 9-5 girl in toronto is not obese stupid and and undereducated loud mouth like so many big-city american women. Trust me I have traveled. The vast majority of american women (outside of New york state FLA and Cali) are disgusting.

Absolutely vile creatures... dumb as a bag of rocks

fat IHOP eaters

self important know-nothings

pick your poison - all the good ones went to LA and there are a ton of good ones in New York the rest is slim pickins...
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Raptors Republic Rookie Lucamacus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlz wrote: View Post

just the average 9-5 girl in toronto is not obese stupid and and undereducated loud mouth like so many big-city american women. Trust me I have traveled. The vast majority of american women (outside of New york state FLA and Cali) are disgusting.

fat IHOP eaters

pick your poison - all the good ones went to LA and there are a ton of good ones in New York the rest is slim pickins...

He's 38 years old...never kissed a girl

Raptors Republic Rookie your mom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlz wrote: View Post

fat IHOP eaters

Jeez this guy really hates America lol

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We saw how good Demar played last year with big bro Money by his side. I think Jennings would be a trigger for Demar to play better, and eventually sign a long term deal here.

I think BC should be all over this. You dont get that many players going public on how much they like Toronto.

And its not like getting buddies to play together is uncommon in the league, Magic got Baby for Dwight, Jack and Bosh before...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    We saw how good Demar played last year with big bro Money by his side. I think Jennings would be a trigger for Demar to play better, and eventually sign a long term deal here.

I think BC should be all over this. You dont get that many players going public on how much they like Toronto.

And its not like getting buddies to play together is uncommon in the league, Magic got Baby for Dwight, Jack and Bosh before...
    TJ and Bosh used to be pretty close too. But so is Bosh and Aldridge and Colangelo passed on Aldridge.

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I can't see the Buck's trading Jennings unless it was for a player or assets that is sure to make them better. They are building the team around Bogut and Jennings as core peices.
    Are you sure?

The Milwaukee Bucks reportedly would be open to listening to offers for guard Brandon Jennings.
    Source: cleveland.com

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    TJ and Bosh used to be pretty close too. But so is Bosh and Aldridge and Colangelo passed on Aldridge.

Are you sure?

Source: cleveland.com
    I wasn't aware they were shopping him and it looks like Bogut is out with a fractured ankle. The Bucks seem to have lost all their momentum from a couple of seasons ago and the Cap'n Jack experiment is so far a complete failure. If they are looking to move Jennings I'd be happy if Toronto made a move for him. Young, quick, can break guys down off the dribble, good vision and has a lot of great leadership qualities. Plus if he can be coached by Skiles it shows he is willing to be coached. I wouldn't have been excited about this deal last year but he's been playing solid ball this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I wasn't aware they were shopping him and it looks like Bogut is out with a fractured ankle. The Bucks seem to have lost all their momentum from a couple of seasons ago and the Cap'n Jack experiment is so far a complete failure. If they are looking to move Jennings I'd be happy if Toronto made a move for him. Young, quick, can break guys down off the dribble, good vision and has a lot of great leadership qualities. Plus if he can be coached by Skiles it shows he is willing to be coached. I wouldn't have been excited about this deal last year but he's been playing solid ball this season.
    I don't know about shopping but they are at least open to the idea of trading him.

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pipe Dream

If the Bucks were looking to save some cash I'd love to see this deal.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=83m7hut

Draft MKG, Miller or Barnes and we're looking real nice.

Jennings/Calderon
    Demar/Jackson/Forbes
    Draft Pick/JJ/Kleiza
    Bargnani/Amir/Sanders
    JV/Gray/Maglore

I'd re-up both Gray and Maglore for practice bodies and leadership. Note Sanders is probably asking too much and would do the deal for Jennings and Jackson only if was still possible.

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jennings is one of the top PG targets on my list ... I think he is attainable, for the right deal. Ed Davis is a good start, with our 2nd rounder or a future pick - but I don't think it would happen until the offseason

Add that to the news that Batum will not be extending with Portland before become an RFA this offseason ... Jennings and Batum would be amazing additions, along with Jonas and the pick.

Jennings and Jose are perfect balance at PG.
    Last edited by Papa Burgundy; Thu Jan 26th, 2012 at 01:04 PM.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information