Brandon Jennings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    If you asked me would I do this last year I'd say no way in hell. But hes been playing inspired ball, going so far as to carry the team at times. I'd be for it.

Not sure Jose and him could coexist though. Both need lots of minutes to thrive.
    I don't think we'd need to worry about Jose in this scenario. Acquiring Jennings would make Jose completely expendable.

Comment

No. Jackson is completely mental.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I agree, I don't want Jackson on this team. We have to many young players to have a guy like SJ on this team. If he had to be added, I would rather him just stay home and collect a cheque. Perhaps move him next year when his contract is expiring.

Comment

I was not saying I want him, just that I think that deal on paper works.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7f72k6r

the suns get Milwaukee's pick and we trade our 2013 first rounder for Milwaukee's second rounder since they have to give up this years pick to Phoenix for taking on Steven Jackson we can find out what to do with Childress after as we will have too many small forwards and if Amir plays majority back up center next year and a fair amount of back up powerforward then there will still be a few minutes for Warrick. Rolling into the next season with a roster of:

Jennings/Calderon/forbes
            Demar/(if Childress can play sg him)/Forbes
            Draft pick/JamesJ(Childress)/Childress(JJ)
            Andrea/Amir/Warrick
            Val/Amir/Alibi or FA

Then amnesty or Trade Kleiza for whatever else needs to be rounded out or add him and Calderon to try and get a mid-low first round pick for the year after and a good back up pg??

I'm just trying to find something to do while I'm waiting for my class.
            Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              No. Jackson is completely mental.
              ...and therefore not a player that Colangelo would go after.

Comment

Colangelo actually drafted Jackson.

Just saying.

Comment

Trade barbosa and future picks for BJ.

Comment

It doesn't work with the cap. The best think I can think of is swinging Barbosa for one of the lakers picks. Then moving Ed Davis, our 2013 first rounder and the lakers 2012. We might have to give more than Barbosa to get that pick.

Comment

Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
                      and we trade our 2013 first rounder for Milwaukee's second rounder
                      If the pick becomes a top 5 pick, there is no way you should be trading it for Brandon Jennings.

Comment

Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
                        http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7f72k6r

the suns get Milwaukee's pick and we trade our 2013 first rounder for Milwaukee's second rounder since they have to give up this years pick to Phoenix for taking on Steven Jackson we can find out what to do with Childress after as we will have too many small forwards and if Amir plays majority back up center next year and a fair amount of back up powerforward then there will still be a few minutes for Warrick. Rolling into the next season with a roster of:

Jennings/Calderon/forbes
                        Demar/(if Childress can play sg him)/Forbes
                        Draft pick/JamesJ(Childress)/Childress(JJ)
                        Andrea/Amir/Warrick
                        Val/Amir/Alibi or FA

Then amnesty or Trade Kleiza for whatever else needs to be rounded out or add him and Calderon to try and get a mid-low first round pick for the year after and a good back up pg??

I'm just trying to find something to do while I'm waiting for my class.
                        TBH, I dont like this trade. Im not a fan of Childress or Warrick, and they combine for 10 Mill.
                        Kleiza has been playing well and can be a decent starter/good bench player for the next few years.
                        We lose 3 good assets (Davis, Barbosa's trave value, and Bayless who may or may not develop) and take on 10 mill of bad contract to get Jennings.

Comment

If we trade Barbosa to Lakers (the rumours) and get their first rounder (or dallas) would the pick and ED be enough?
                          Seems like the fans and Casey are losing faith in him.

Comment

Hello wrote: View Post
                            If we trade Barbosa to Lakers (the rumours) and get their first rounder (or dallas) would the pick and ED be enough?
                            Seems like the fans and Casey are losing faith in him.
                            FWIW, I would NOT classify Barbosa to the Lakers as a rumour. That is idle speculation in the trade forum of RR.

*EDIT* I left out NOT.

I have not heard this rumour anywhere but on this site - I'm not sure but maybe started by me, sorry if I am stealing credit here. I haven't heard any of the ESPN, Yahoo!, or CBS guys reporting this.
                            Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Jan 26, 2012, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              FWIW, I would classify Barbosa to the Lakers as a rumour. That is idle speculation in the trade forum of RR.
                              I agree it is a rumor, but especially after the idea was thrown out there, I would bet Colangelo is at least thinknig about the deal. If we need another first rounder to get a big trade done, dont be surprised if we see the trade happen.

And isn't all of this idle speculation?

Although again, I do agree that none of it will likely happen.

Comment

Jennings is a true 1 and would be ranked higher than any other 1 coming out of the draft this year, including Kabongo.

He has had some difficulties in Milwaukee but he's also playing for a coach that wears on his players and has not shown too much offensive ingenuity.

I don't think Milwaukee would trade Jennings to be honest, as he's a talented youngster still learning the toughest position in the league and not sure the Raps even have the pieces to offer the Bucks a decent trade.

I also notice some "no ways'" for S. Jackson and although I understand the sentiments, when dialed in Jackson is the type of solid veteran that can help a team win, and a player who contributed to a team that won a ring.

Comment

Working...
                                X