Brandon Jennings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shantz wrote: View Post
    In an interview with ESPN today Jennings spoke very openly about being interested in potentially signing in a large market when his rookie contract is up. Pair this with his recent comments about his love for the city of Toronto, and his close friendship with DeMar and speculation can be fueled.

Also Colangelo's recent comments about needing to file the PG spot for the future.

Comments like these may be part of the reason why Milwaukee was listening to interested teams.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/75...g-market-teams
    If I'm BC, they're more than welcome to have DD for a Jennings straight swap IMO.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
      If I'm BC, they're more than welcome to have DD for a Jennings straight swap IMO.
      Demar would be a big reason why Jennings finds Toronto Attractive though.

If they'd be interested in doing a Barbosa/Jose for BJ, I'd be all over that.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Demar would be a big reason why Jennings finds Toronto Attractive though.

If they'd be interested in doing a Barbosa/Jose for BJ, I'd be all over that.
        One of the only reasons Jennings would even want to come to Toronto is because of Demar. So you are right, that is not happening. I think it would probably take a high pick to land Jennings unfortunately. But I'd be willing to trade our 2013 pick (top 3 protected) for Jennings. Not sure if Milwaukee would go for that though.

Comment

http://www.82games.com/1112/1112MIL.HTM

Just looking at 82games.com and I noticed the Bucks on/off court stats with Jennings. The Bucks are +7.3 with Jennings on the bench. They are -4.4 with him on the floor.

He is on the floor 75% and off 25%.

Stats don't always tell the full story but that is interesting - especially when you see his win % is 26.3.

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
            In an interview with ESPN today Jennings spoke very openly about being interested in potentially signing in a large market when his rookie contract is up. Pair this with his recent comments about his love for the city of Toronto, and his close friendship with DeMar and speculation can be fueled.

Also Colangelo's recent comments about needing to file the PG spot for the future.

Comments like these may be part of the reason why Milwaukee was listening to interested teams.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/75...g-market-teams
            If I'm a Milwaukee fan, these comments would have me putting a picture of Jennings on my dart board. I know guys have the freedom to choose where they get to work, and that's fine. But he's still got plenty of time left on his contract with Milwaukee, so don't rain on everyone's parade today.
            Basketball players are entering another level of entitled and arrogant, and it's getting old really fast.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              http://www.82games.com/1112/1112MIL.HTM

Just looking at 82games.com and I noticed the Bucks on/off court stats with Jennings. The Bucks are +7.3 with Jennings on the bench. They are -4.4 with him on the floor.

He is on the floor 75% and off 25%.

Stats don't always tell the full story but that is interesting - especially when you see his win % is 26.3.
              I'm sure the "Casey effect" can help sway those numbers in Jennings' favour

Comment

I really hope that BC makes a move to get him. I think Jennings could be the future PG of the Raptors. He wants to be here and it would be one less position that needs to be addressed in the near future. I also think that he might be able to elevate Derozan's play.

Comment

If the Raps could find another deal for Calderon, perhaps a deal like this would work:

TO RAPS
                  - Jennings (Raps PG of the future)
                  - Udrih (salary dump for Milwaukee and Raps backup PG for next season, who would be an asset as an expiring contract too)

TO MILWAUKEE
                  - Bayless (to give them a starting quality PG and/or an expiring contract)
                  - Amir/Davis (young, blue-collar PF)
                  - 2013 1st round draft pick

Comment

Who would you rather have for a PG: Jennings or Calderon?

There are pros and cons for each.

Pros Calderon: pass first PG, chemistry with certain players, great teammate, a solid veteran, history in Toronto.
                    Cons Calderon: age, contract, injury history, playing Olympics this summer (injury risk).

Pros Jennings: youth (22), connection with DeMar, major threat to score, scrappy on D.
                    Cons Jennings: everything Jose is not.

Who would you prefer moving forward with the rebuild?

Comment

Brandon Jennings has some injury history. It's only his third season but he did miss 19 games last year , 5 more than Jose.

I voted for Jose. He's made a believer out of me this season.

Comment

I voted for Jennings.

I don't hate Calderon. I actually like him a lot. The problem is I think he is injured for the majority of next year with groin and hamstring issues after a compressed NBA season, followed by the Olympics, and then straight in to training camp.

Jennings is a low risk, high reward move. If he doesn't pan out, well, they don't have to give him an extension and he only has 1 year left on his rookie deal. Given the fact he has survived playing for Skiles, I think he would thrive under Casey - and next to DeMar.

Comment

Jeremy Lin

Comment

Kennay wrote: View Post
                            Jeremy Lin
                            lol. time to start another thread on him, he deserves one.

Comment

Kennay wrote: View Post
                              Jeremy Lin
                              BC never thought of picking him up? Oh wait, we snagged Anthony Carter before another team could sign him. Darn.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Jose for sure, I just feel that Jennings isn't as good as people think. He had that 50 point game which really over hyped him, but it's dying down now.

Comment

Working...
                                X