View Poll Results: Who wold you rather have for a PG moving forward: Jose or Jennings?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jose Calderon

24 52.17%
  • Brandon Jennings

22 47.83%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Jennings

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    http://www.82games.com/1112/1112MIL.HTM

Just looking at 82games.com and I noticed the Bucks on/off court stats with Jennings. The Bucks are +7.3 with Jennings on the bench. They are -4.4 with him on the floor.

He is on the floor 75% and off 25%.

Stats don't always tell the full story but that is interesting - especially when you see his win % is 26.3.
    I'm sure the "Casey effect" can help sway those numbers in Jennings' favour
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hope that BC makes a move to get him. I think Jennings could be the future PG of the Raptors. He wants to be here and it would be one less position that needs to be addressed in the near future. I also think that he might be able to elevate Derozan's play.

Post Thanks / Like

If the Raps could find another deal for Calderon, perhaps a deal like this would work:

TO RAPS
    - Jennings (Raps PG of the future)
    - Udrih (salary dump for Milwaukee and Raps backup PG for next season, who would be an asset as an expiring contract too)

TO MILWAUKEE
    - Bayless (to give them a starting quality PG and/or an expiring contract)
    - Amir/Davis (young, blue-collar PF)
    - 2013 1st round draft pick

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who would you rather have for a PG: Jennings or Calderon?

There are pros and cons for each.

Pros Calderon: pass first PG, chemistry with certain players, great teammate, a solid veteran, history in Toronto.
    Cons Calderon: age, contract, injury history, playing Olympics this summer (injury risk).

Pros Jennings: youth (22), connection with DeMar, major threat to score, scrappy on D.
    Cons Jennings: everything Jose is not.

Who would you prefer moving forward with the rebuild?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Brandon Jennings has some injury history. It's only his third season but he did miss 19 games last year , 5 more than Jose.

I voted for Jose. He's made a believer out of me this season.

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for Jennings.

I don't hate Calderon. I actually like him a lot. The problem is I think he is injured for the majority of next year with groin and hamstring issues after a compressed NBA season, followed by the Olympics, and then straight in to training camp.

Jennings is a low risk, high reward move. If he doesn't pan out, well, they don't have to give him an extension and he only has 1 year left on his rookie deal. Given the fact he has survived playing for Skiles, I think he would thrive under Casey - and next to DeMar.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeremy Lin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Kennay wrote: View Post
    Jeremy Lin
    lol. time to start another thread on him, he deserves one.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeremy Lin
    BC never thought of picking him up? Oh wait, we snagged Anthony Carter before another team could sign him. Darn.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Jose for sure, I just feel that Jennings isn't as good as people think. He had that 50 point game which really over hyped him, but it's dying down now.

Post Thanks / Like

Jennings due to Calderon's age.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

with apollo. jennings only because of age, as i also think jennings is over rated.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey if a player of Jennings caliber openly give Toronto love, that is unprecedented. I'd love to see him, fast, uptempo, can score, playmaker and has his entire career ahead of him. Im cool with that and would willing dish out an appropriate contract. Him and Demar are pretty tight and I think they could attract a(n) all-star/superstar. With those 2, Bargs, Jonas, and a allstar/superstar 2 or 3 man, plus ed, amir, jay-bay, JJ, and LK off the bench. In 2 years Im stoked about that team if it happens.
    Last edited by visko23; Sat Feb 11th, 2012 at 01:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Austin Rivers

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

if we are just tossing around names jennings or kobongo?

and the "he said something nice about our city" so now we are getting all wet makes us look like a 10th grade loser who just got his first compliment from a girl and now believes she wants to fuck him
    Last edited by Miekenstien; Sat Feb 11th, 2012 at 03:30 AM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeremy Lin
    Championship next year if we picked him up LOL

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

There are other point guards around that may be available in the off season like Luke Ridenour and Ramon Sessions.

Back on the subject, Jose is only 30 and is not showing signs of slowing down, yet. Still, the Raptors are in dire need of some point guard depth right now with Bayless' wonky ankle.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a good question. Jennings has improved his fg% this year and his assist to t/o ratio. He is more of a scoring PG than a pass first one, so I have to think about if he is a good fit or not. He has ability, he is younger than Jose, I think he is affordable going forward...but will he make this team better?

Jose is the type of PG that I always like, great with the ball, able to make open shots, and makes his team-mates better. While he has given much better effort on defence this year, I would still like a guy who is a bit better in that department. Jose will have a busy 2012 with the Olympics, so next year could be an ugly one, but with a real back-up he could be just what we need. Also, with the emergence of Rubio, Jose may not have to log many minutes at all.

If I am thinking about what will be best to get our new members of the team (Jonas, draft pick FA) acclimated to the NBA and having success to start their careers, I think Jose is the guy for that.

So for me I choose Jose for 2012/13. I would love to have a solid young PG on the roster for Jose to mentor and hand the reigns over to in 2012/2014.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    ...If I am thinking about what will be best to get our new members of the team (Jonas, draft pick FA) acclimated to the NBA and having success to start their careers, I think Jose is the guy for that...
    I was going to write this when I read WJF's post. The kind of point guard you want depends, to some extent, on the make up of your team. The Raps don't have a lot of talent who can create their own scoring opportunities do they? There is a reason they do so much better with Calderon on the floor. All of the other PG's they have had over the last 5-6 years seem to be scorers. Works when their shots are on, but not so much when they aren't. If the talent on the roster doesn't need a distributing PG next year, then Jennings works. but where are the assists going to come from? JJ seems to be developing the ability to find guys in position to score, but nobody else jumps out at me.

I think Jose is the Raps guy for the next three years, until another distributor comes along.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Give me Jose.

He's better now than Jennings, he's going to make Val look great as a rookie, and he's the style of pg that should age well.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information