View Poll Results: Who wold you rather have for a PG moving forward: Jose or Jennings?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jose Calderon

24 52.17%
  • Brandon Jennings

22 47.83%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Jennings

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Agree. I am a bit of a Dragic fan and always remeber when he took over the Suns team when Nash was hurt a couple of years ago. I think he is a better PG and far more balanced than Jennings. I have to admit I am a bit "scared" of Jennings general demeanor eg. he has already said he is scouting big market teams! And he is still on his rookie contract. I am thru putting up with shit like that. Dragihc as a ufa (not give up a first and others) is a much better proposition.
    He's doing the same thing with the Rockets this year. In the 3 games so far Lowry has been hurt he's been averaging 20 pts and 8 assists as well as around 3-5 rebounds.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Marc Spears throws water on the fire...

Bucks guard Brandon Jennings won't be traded, source close to the situation said.
    http://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Bogut goes to Golden State, then one would imagine Curry or Ellis would be coming back. If that happened, Jennings could be on the move.

DeRozan reuniting with Jennings could be interesting. I think Casey would bring out the best in Jennings. If you look at Skiles and the issues he has had over the years in Phoenix, Chicago, and Milwaukee, it seems (pure speculation on my part) communication is not his strong suit. He has a way in which things should be done in his opinion and people are to tow the line accordingly. If they do not, I don't see a lof communication going on to resolve disputes. Again that is 100% speculation of reading media bits over the years. Casey, on the other hand, is a very strong communicator and motivator while preaching and practicing professional at all times.

Anyways, I don't see Bogut or Jennings being moved and my opinions of Skiles hardly matter either. BUT I would be down with something like this:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=8x2wv63

Toronto would also send a protected draft pick to Milwaukee.

I like it from Toronto's perspective because they retain the same salary cap space for this summer meaning they would have about $10M to sign a solid rotational/above average starter or two. They would keep Calderon and arguably have the best 1-2 PG punch in the league - Calderon and injuries next year becomes much less of a concern (at least for me). Plus they would then have Birds Rights on Calderon, DD, JJ, and Jennings next summer when they are all up for renewal. Finally, Toronto would have eased the log jam at PF.

Not sure if GSW would take on Jackson again but they would get the C they have been desperate to obtain.

Not sure if MIL would take on Biendris but they certainly get 2 young additions to their front in addition to Curry - although chronic injuries are a concern with him now.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

unlike GS would give up that much just for bogut. bayless and captain jack... meh
    Last edited by koncept; Tue Mar 13th, 2012 at 11:42 AM.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't see the trade (damn work filters). But I assume I like it, lol.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote koncept wrote: View Post
    unlike GS would give up that much just for bogut. bayless and captain jack... meh
    You are probably right.

However, they do get the C they are desperate for and they shed Biedrins contract. They really messed up amnestying Charlie Bell who had 1 year and $4M left on his contract versus Biedrins.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Bucks just got the 8th seed.. I'm not sure if they would be willing to give up their core at the dead line just to see that playoff birth get extinguished.

I think Bogut to GSW makes sense - but in the off season. GSW wouldn't trade Curry for Gasol or Rondo.. not sure if GSW would be willing to trade him for Bogut who is often injured.

I think Ellis is the expendable one.. if GSW can trade Ellis for Bogut I think they do it.

I had considered Jennings to the Raps at one point, but I think he'll be asking for a lot of money when his contract is renewed.. probably $12M+.. and he's not worth that, IMO. I'd rather try and get a second pick and try and get Marshall instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    The Bucks just got the 8th seed.. I'm not sure if they would be willing to give up their core at the dead line just to see that playoff birth get extinguished.

I think Bogut to GSW makes sense - but in the off season. GSW wouldn't trade Curry for Gasol or Rondo.. not sure if GSW would be willing to trade him for Bogut who is often injured.

I think Ellis is the expendable one.. if GSW can trade Ellis for Bogut I think they do it.

I had considered Jennings to the Raps at one point, but I think he'll be asking for a lot of money when his contract is renewed.. probably $12M+.. and he's not worth that, IMO. I'd rather try and get a second pick and try and get Marshall instead.

With Bogut out indefinitely, I don't see trading him as a major disruption.

Gasol is 31 and owed $18M per year. I hadn't heard Rondo offered for Curry. Bogut have 'freak accident syndrome' versus anything chronic and is only 27 paid 2/3's of what Gasol is.

The biggest issue with Curry now - for GSW keeping him and any team acquiring him - appears to be his ankle which is close to being labeled 'chronic' at this point.

If Jennings is asking a lot of money, so be it. It doesn't mean he'll get what he is asking. By obtaining him, Toronto would have his rights in restricted free agency. They could also extend him prior to allowing a team to make an offer. 4 years at $8.5M per season guaranteed might be tough to turn down. Then take the remaining $5M and give it to Jose for 3 years. $13.5M for 3 years after next season would be the same amount spent next year ($10.5M on Jose and $3.2 on Jennings). That would leave the Raptors with around $12M to re-sign DD and JJ availing of Bird Rights without fear of the luxury tax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post

Gasol is 31 and owed $18M per year. I hadn't heard Rondo offered for Curry. Bogut have 'freak accident syndrome' versus anything chronic and is only 27 paid 2/3's of what Gasol is.

The biggest issue with Curry now - for GSW keeping him and any team acquiring him - appears to be his ankle which is close to being labeled 'chronic' at this point.

If Jennings is asking a lot of money, so be it. It doesn't mean he'll get what he is asking. By obtaining him, Toronto would have his rights in restricted free agency. They could also extend him prior to allowing a team to make an offer. 4 years at $8.5M per season guaranteed might be tough to turn down. Then take the remaining $5M and give it to Jose for 3 years. $13.5M for 3 years after next season would be the same amount spent next year ($10.5M on Jose and $3.2 on Jennings). That would leave the Raptors with around $12M to re-sign DD and JJ availing of Bird Rights without fear of the luxury tax.
    Wow. You know your info. Damn Matt..

But I really like that trade above, and it helps Golden State more than people believe. Milwaukee now would have a log jam at the power forward though with Ilyasova, Sanders, Davis, and Udoh. But that could be beneficial as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. You know your info. Damn Matt..

But I really like that trade above, and it helps Golden State more than people believe. Milwaukee now would have a log jam at the power forward though with Ilyasova, Sanders, Davis, and Udoh. But that could be beneficial as well.

Starting Lineup could be...

Milwaukee: Stephen Curry, Carlos Delfino, Luc Mbah Moute, Ed Davis/Ekpe Udoh, Larry Sander/Biedrins. Young team, I like it. Especially if they wanna try and make the playoffs or tank.

Golden State: Ellis, Stephen Jackson, Dorell Wright David Lee, Andrew Bogut. Talented, very talented.

Toronto: Brandon Jennings, Demar Derozan, James Johnson, Andrea Bargnani, Jonas Valanciunas. Need I say more?

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Trading Bogut alone wouldn't cause a disruption to the Bucks.. but if you included Jennings it just might affect team chemistry enough that it might not be warranted. I'm luke warm on Jennings. Personally I'd prefer Marshall. However if the trade went down I'd be okay with it.. although if Ellis is the expendable one out of the Curry/Ellis pair, I think this trade could turn out better:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7o6f2hb

That way GSW can keep Curry and Brown.. although with Curry's ankle the way it is - I'd hate to be a GSW fan.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    If this Raptors team were to add Valanciunas, MKG/Barnes/Beal, Jennings, at least one free agent and possibly another late 1st round draft pick, while only losing Barbosa, Davis and Bayless, I think they would be a legit playoff team next season. I like the idea of a Davis & Bayless & 2013 1st round pick for Jennings.

The lineup could look something like this:

C: Valanciunas, Gray
    PF: Bargnani, Amir, Kleiza
    SF: Barnes/MKG, JJ, Kleiza
    SG: DeRozan, Batum?!?!?!, Forbes
    PG: Jennings, Calderon, Kabongo??

That looks like it has the potential to be a playoff team in the Eastern Conference next season, meaning the 2013 1st round pick wouldn't be that bad to give up along with Davis & Bayless for Jennings. Giving up that much for Jennings, would mean that I wouldn't want to take on a bad contract (ie: SJax) as well.
    Too bad Milwaukee has already stated that if a team wants Jennings, they'll have to take on either SJax or Bogut since they want both out of their hands. And the Raptors would be worse off with either of the two.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Trading Bogut alone wouldn't cause a disruption to the Bucks.. but if you included Jennings it just might affect team chemistry enough that it might not be warranted. I'm luke warm on Jennings. Personally I'd prefer Marshall. However if the trade went down I'd be okay with it.. although if Ellis is the expendable one out of the Curry/Ellis pair, I think this trade could turn out better:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7o6f2hb

That way GSW can keep Curry and Brown.. although with Curry's ankle the way it is - I'd hate to be a GSW fan.
    Oh, no doubt.

Jennings is a real predicament. On one hand he has shown he has the ability to be elite. On the other hand he has shown he has the ability to be dumber than a bag of rocks.

If the cost was a future 1st, ED, and taking on money to balance the trade this year (which is what I suggested), then I would definitely roll the dice with Jennings and hope the connection with Demar and influence of Casey brings out the best in him.

Raptors Republic Rookie your mom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Checkines wrote: View Post
    Raptors receive: Brandon Jennings, Stephen Jackson
    Lakers receive: Calderon, Bucks 2nd rounder
    Bucks receive: Walton, Fisher, Ed Davis, Raps 1st 2013, Lakers 1st 2012

I believe all teams are happy, Raptors get a young alternative to calderon, and my question is can you use the amnesty on Stephen Jackson in the off-season? I like stephen jackson though, and think he can provide a punch in the scoring, and defensively be able to handle his own

Lakers and Calderon I think as been said multiple times is an excellent fit for each other.

Bucks although take on Walton, he's only for 1 more season after this, and as well maybe Fisher retires after this season. Plus it solidifies their front court with a young PF. Plus the draft picks will help
    This trade is the perfect scenario, maybe we can buy out Cap Jack or something, but I am fully on board.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote your mom wrote: View Post
    This trade is the perfect scenario, maybe we can buy out Cap Jack or something, but I am fully on board.
    The problem with buying him out is he still counts towards salary cap space for whatever amount you buy him out for. With $10.5M owed next year, I doubt he gives too much of it back.

Post Thanks / Like

Alex Kennedy – 03/13/12 4:04 p.m. EST

The Milwaukee Bucks won’t trade Brandon Jennings prior to Thursday’s trade deadline, according to sources close to the situation. “He’s not available,” said the source.

With that said, the Bucks continue to listen to offers for Andrew Bogut. The Golden State Warriors and Washington Wizards have expressed interest in the center.

Stephen Jackson’s struggles in Milwaukee, on and off the court, have killed his trade value. If the Bucks decide to move Bogut, they will try to include Jackson in the deal.
    Source: HoopsWorld.com Trade Deadline Diary

Oh well. Kill this rumour with another. I can't wait until the deadline has passed.

Post Thanks / Like

Default First trade of deadline season

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...t_trade_031312

Where there is smoke there is fire.

MIL: Ellis, Udoh, Brown
    GSW: Bogut, SJax

I imagine Milwaukee is going to request a rule change to allow 2 basketballs to be used considering their backcourt is now consisting of Jennings and Ellis.

I wonder if Ellis gets moved to Orlando? Or......

Jennings moved to Toronto? lol

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So now the oft-injured Bogut gets to play with the oft-injured Steph Curry. Oh no wait, they're both injured...

Milwaukee wins this trade IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    So now the oft-injured Bogut gets to play with the oft-injured Steph Curry. Oh no wait, they're both injured...

Milwaukee wins this trade IMO.
    I'm not sure.

Chad Ford ‏ @chadfordinsider
    Wrinkle to trade: Warriors keep 1st rd pick if 7 or higher. Send to Jazz if lower. With Bogut out the year GS may lose enough to keep pick
    Golden State only has 17 wins. With Ellis gone, Bogut out, and Curry injured, they become pretty bad, pretty quick. Maybe the tank is on and their goal is to keep their draft pick.

Post Thanks / Like

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...t_trade_031312

Where there is smoke there is fire.

MIL: Ellis, Udoh, Brown
    GSW: Bogut, SJax

I imagine Milwaukee is going to request a rule change to allow 2 basketballs to be used considering their backcourt is now consisting of Jennings and Ellis.

I wonder if Ellis gets moved to Orlando? Or......

Jennings moved to Toronto? lo
    l

Looks like the joke might be on me:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    The Bucks still plan to keep Brandon Jennings, as @SpearsNBAYahoo reported yesterday. GM John Hammond made deal to pair Jennings and Ellis.

I've been wrong before but I don't think I am wrong to be skeptical of this pairing.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information