Lakers interested in Arenas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakers interested in Arenas?

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted here yet. If this goes down, I think that would be the end of the Calderon to the Lakers rumours.

Google it. (I'm on my phone...difficult to post links)

Snizzoop wrote: View Post
    I'm on my phone...difficult to post links
    Lakers show interest in signing Gilbert Arenas
    The rumors in Lakerland continue to run rampant this season with talk of trades involving Dwight Howard and Deron Williams possibly heading to the City of Angels along with the Los Angeles Lakers newfound interest in signing free agent point guard Gilbert Arenas. The blockbuster trade talk surrounding Williams and Howard will be ongoing around the league all the way up to the NBA trade deadline on March 15, but it appears that the Lakers interest in signing Arenas is genuine as they look to improve the bench and point guard position.

Fortunately for Arenas, the Lakers seem willing to take a chance on the veteran. According to Hoopsworld, the Lakers have already reached out to Gilbert Arenas with an interest in signing him. The acquisition of Arenas would hopefully help fill the void at the point guard position and give the Lakers a much needed offensive weapon off the bench.

Since being amnestied by the Orlando Magic, Gilbert Arenas hasn’t gotten much interest around the league as most teams are trying to stay away from the troubled point guard. There is no question that when Arenas has been playing up to his potential during his career that he is one of the best scorers in the NBA and a superstar caliber talent. Unfortunately, the outspoken guard can’t seem to stay out of trouble or stay healthy.

At 30-years-old, Gilbert Arenas might still have something left in the tank and could be given another chance in the NBA with the Los Angeles Lakers. With all this time to get healthy and ready to play at a high level once again in the NBA, Arenas could turn out to be one of the best free agent acquisitions in the league this season, but he could also turn out to be an absolute disaster.

During his nine-year career in the NBA, Gilbert Arenas has averaged 21.2 points, 5.4 assists, 4.0 rebounds and 1.6 steals per game. Arenas scored a career-high 60 points against the Los Angeles Lakers back on Dec. 17, 2006.
    The Examiner

Comment

I think having a guy like Kobe around Gil to keep him in check will be a fine development.
      If they do this, I could see it working out better than worse.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        I think having a guy like Kobe around Gil to keep him in check will be a fine development.
        If they do this, I could see it working out better than worse.
        I agree...as long as he stays healthy and playing on the court.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
          I agree...as long as he stays healthy and playing on the court.
          Exactly.
          But ya, look what happened to Artest when he went there.

The system they have in place in LA, allows for Knuckle-Heads to come in and still play their game.

Comment

Exactly.

The system they have in place in LA, allows for Knuckle-Heads to come in and still play their game.
            More like the players like Kobe and Fisher, but with some rumblings that the Lakers are thinking amnesty of Artest's contract, talk today of Kupchak's potential departure and Jerry Buss' stepping back more and more with Jim dumbass Buss taking more control there could be some downward spirals pretty quickly.

All that said I think Arenas could fit in well and would be a very inexpensive experiment for the cash and value rich Lakers.

Comment

Lakers + Arenas = Sign of Desperation

Comment

Exactly.
                You mean Metta World Peace right?
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                  Lakers + Arenas = Sign of Desperation
                  Bingo! Jerry would have never went after this meat head but then again Jerry probably would retooled in free agency.

Comment

Working...
                  X