Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson Chandler to Toronto? Forget about it (473)

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    While Wilson Chandler is an upgrade over Linas Kleiza and James Johnson, he is no more than an average quality starter at small forward in my opinion. I would hesitate greatly before offering him a contract worth $7.5M or more per season.

It's unclear to me whether the player most impacted by Wilson Chandler's signing should count as trade bait or as a liability against the salary cap. If it's Linas Kleiza, then the latter may be true (but we can hope will be part of a S&T deal with the Nuggets).
    Outside of the superstar small forwards (i.e. LeBron, Durant, Melo, etc.), IMO Chandler has potential of being one of those solid two-way, 2nd-tier small forwards (like Iguodala, Wallace, Marion, Butler, Jefferson, in their primes). $7.5M is money well spent in that regard.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Right, but with Randolph missing games, and Gay leading Memphis to a 9-6 record without him, maybe Heisley starts to think Gay's a keeper
    But with Gay and Randolph failing to co-exist in limited time together this season plus the resurgence of Memphis last year when Gay went down with the shoulder injury (i.e. Gay and Randolph were not good together last year either) then faced with the reality that their star player's salaries are only going up with other holes on the roster, someone might become expendable..... or at least that is my hope.... and if that happens Gay will be much easier to move than Z-Bo.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Outside of the superstar small forwards (i.e. LeBron, Durant, Melo, etc.), IMO Chandler has potential of being one of those solid two-way, 2nd-tier small forwards (like Iguodala, Wallace, Marion, Butler, Jefferson, in their primes). $7.5M is money well spent in that regard.
    I agree.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    I see your Rudy/3 and Chandler/2 and like the idea but perhaps Chandler/3 and Mayo/2 is a little more realistic?
    We don't do realism around here, mister. lol

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    After reading about the raps trying to get chandler and more draft picks i started to really think about it. Seems to me were stocking tons of assets to get a big name player somehow via trade. ex. trading our 1st another draft pick plus derozan... what could that get us? thats just one of msany examples. i tihnk BC has a trick up his sleeve and it makes me very excited for the summer.
    A couple of picks would scream to me either LA or Houston (since NOLA won't be trading their 2 picks).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Shantz wrote: View Post
    The underrated part of this article that is not getting much attention is that the Raptors are searching for more picks while using Calderon and Barbosa. Assuming that is true then BC must not be worried about having more then two rookies on the roster if we are poking for more.
    I think he is looking for a mid-late first round pick to grab Kabongo. I still think there will be only 2 rookies next year. That leaves the Raptors pick to be traded for a very well known commodity. This is 100% total speculation on my part.

When I hear things like this in addition to "hitting the ground running next season" I think we are in for major shake ups this coming off season.