Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilson Chandler to Toronto? Forget about it (473)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chandler was in Denver on Monday in the hopes of working out a contract..and he said that he had hoped to work out a contract within the next week. I'm assuming that he's in Toronto to get a feel for the city and to get schmoozed by Colangelo before rejecting any real deal. Unless the Raptors offer him a boatload of money up front, Denver is going to match it.
    Last edited by MangoKid; Wed Feb 22, 2012, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• What can we really offer him to even give Denver a second thought on signing him, if all we have is 4.5 mil we are just wasting his time.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
        What can we really offer him to even give Denver a second thought on signing him, if all we have is 4.5 mil we are just wasting his time.
        If Chandler wants to come to Toronto to start at SF, instead of backing-up Denver's new franchise player - Gallinari - it could very well be in all three stakeholders' best interest to do a S&T now.

Denver - a S&T now is better than a 1/2 year deal after which WC walks for nothing

Toronto - get WC for a relatively cheap contract & whatever asset(s) goes to Denver in the S&T

WC - gets a multi-year deal from a team on which he is promised the starting SF role, rather than waste half a season being a backup in Denver with an uncertain future

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
          btw, is it possible that Chandler signs with Denver for the remainder of this season and becomes an unrestricted free agent in the summer?
          Yes, it is possible.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            If Chandler wants to come to Toronto to start at SF, instead of backing-up Denver's new franchise player - Gallinari - it could very well be in all three stakeholders' best interest to do a S&T now.

Denver - a S&T now is better than a 1/2 year deal after which WC walks for nothing

Toronto - get WC for a relatively cheap contract & whatever asset(s) goes to Denver in the S&T

WC - gets a multi-year deal from a team on which he is promised the starting SF role, rather than waste half a season being a backup in Denver with an uncertain future
            The thing is he seems willing to sign long term in Denver if they give him the contract he wants, does not seem like a guy looking to jump ship for more playing time.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...nt-wooing.html
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Yes, it is possible.
                In that case, I assume it's possible that he is talking to teams about next year to see if he should sign a long term contract now with Denver or just for this season.

Comment

• there aren't any players I wouldn't trade for this man save BigV and Bargs
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• There it is:

Sam Amick @sam_amick
                    Wilson Chandler is visiting Toronto to discuss a possible pairing with the Raptors, according to his agent, Chris Luchey.
                    Sam Amick @sam_amick
                    Chandler is still talking to Denver about a deal, but exploring other options as well. Another spike to someone's roster coming.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                      The thing is he seems willing to sign long term in Denver if they give him the contract he wants, does not seem like a guy looking to jump ship for more playing time.
                      I don't doubt that he'd love to stay in Denver, play lots and get a big fat contract. I just wonder if Denver feels the same way, considering Gallinari has cemented himself as the starting SF for the long-term future. Would Denver be able to justify handing out a fat multi-year contract for a backup, as easily as Toronto (or other teams) would be for WC as a starting SF? I just get the feeling that Denver doesn't want to shell out the big bucks WC wants, so Denver's next best option is a S&T. Hopefully, for Raptors fans, anyway!

Comment

• let's twitter bomb Wilson Chandler with fun facts about Toronto

Comment

• Wilson Chandler was in Toronto visiting with the Raptors on Wednesday.

It has been seen as somewhat of a foregone conclusion that Chandler would sign with Denver, but it's worth noting that Toronto remains in the mix. Signing with Toronto -- where he'd be more of a focal point as a much-needed scorer -- would be ideal for Chandler's fantasy value, but keep in mind that he's a restricted free agent and Denver can match any offer. At the moment it still seems most likely that he'll end up with the Nuggets, but that's not guaranteed.

source toronto star....

any thoughts?

Comment

• Discussion already underway in another WC thread:

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...-Toronto-(241)

Comment

• Thanks nice to know he at least considering us. I really think this going to turnout as a S&T
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Apart for the risk factor (not signing a long term contract now), isnt it in WC's best interest to just play the season out with Denver and then play the field as a unrestricted fa after the season? More teams could be in the mix for his services....meaning he could make more especially using Batum's contract/negotiations as a benchmark.

Comment

Working...
                                X