Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilson Chandler to Toronto? Forget about it (473)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hateslosing wrote: View Post
    Meh, right now I'm higher on Johnson than Derozen. If defense is key than Chandler and JJ on the wings is a very solid set up.
    I'm not, sure James Johnson can play defense. But Demar can rebound almost as well, and pass the ball at a very good level, he's made some highlight and smart passes this season, and can play good on-ball defense WHEN he chooses too. Like I said, he's still developing and trying to buy into the defensive system. He played a good game against New Orleans showing what he can do on both ends. Shut down Bellinelli tonight.

You wan't to hit the ground running? Let Chandler play his original position, Demar gain experience, ball-handling and strength, and James Johnson as the sixth man. James Johnson plays as a spark plug, he's been consistent, but defensively is sketchy, one game he can make a big impact energy wise, or he can grab easy ticky tack fouls and really hurt the team. Never thought you can be streaky defensively :P
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Can't say I agree that DD rebounds well or almost as well as JJ. Most absolutely definitely not consistently, HOWEVER as you say he is developing and he is on a rookie contact still. Unless we get a core piece in return DD is a core piece here and if he is surpassed by others will still be a trade chip in the future.

Comment

• March 1st has come and gone.

Chandler's only options are to:
        1) sign a long term deal with Denver
        2) sign a deal for remainder of season (which Denver will not do because he'd become unrestricted)
        3) sit out the rest of the year and become restricted again this summer.

Toronto's only option:
        1) wait for the off season to make an offer.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          March 1st has come and gone.

Chandler's only options are to:
          1) sign a long term deal with Denver
          2) sign a deal for remainder of season (which Denver will not do because he'd become unrestricted)
          3) sit out the rest of the year and become restricted again this summer.

Toronto's only option:
          1) wait for the off season to make an offer.

he will try for option 2 but settle for 1. with option 2 does denver still control bird rights for the extra year of the next contract? then 2 might be possible with a sign and trade agreement in the summer.

Comment

• so......the drama is over? Well, it was something fun to keep us entertained between linsanity and straight bull&*#%

Comment

• Just say "NO" to $9M per year

Chandler update. The deadline has come and passed, so free agent Wilson Chandler can play for only one NBA team this season — the Nuggets. But there's a caveat — the Nuggets will only sign Chandler to a long-term deal, because if they were to sign him for only the rest of this season, then he becomes an unrestricted free agent in the summer.

Chandler's agent, Chris Luchey, said that he will remain in talks with the Nuggets' brass as the two sides try to get a deal done. If they don't, it's possible Chandler could latch onto an Italian pro team this spring, in anticipation for summer free agency, when he again would be a restricted free agent (Chandler, of course, played in China during the lockout and that season extended into February).

Chandler's market value is estimated at around $9 million per year, if one was to look at fellow forwards from his draft class, be it Carl Landry of New Orleans or Thaddeus Young of Philadelphia.

Chandler averaged 12.5 points per game for Denver last season and is clearly a talented young commodity. But would he even start? He plays primarily small forward and could play the two or the four depending on matchups.

The Nuggets' current lineup is Ty Lawson, Arron Afflalo, Gallinari, Nene and Timofey Mozgov. But Luchey suggested that Chandler wouldn't have a problem coming off the bench, assuming that Chandler was still a key part of the rotation.

So, it should be a fascinating few days to see if the two sides can work out a deal — or wait until the summertime to get back at it.

Read more: Nuggets' Nene, Gallo, Rudy almost ready to return - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...#ixzz1o3vsFwQk
              Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
              That would be questionable in my opinion.

Comment

That would be questionable in my opinion.
                Too much to start off with.

Comment

• That puts him practically where Bargnani is in salary, I think they are off on that number. Prince and Ariza as an example are making just under 7 million. I don't think he should get much more than those guys are receiving.

Comment

• Couldn't we do a sign and trade with Denver?

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                      Couldn't we do a sign and trade with Denver?
                      This summer, after July 1st? Sure.

Now until July 1st? No.

Comment

This summer, after July 1st? Sure.

Now until July 1st? No.
                        What's the problem there? Sorry I don't know much about the trading/signing rights, clauses, bird rights etc etc.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                          What's the problem there? Sorry I don't know much about the trading/signing rights, clauses, bird rights etc etc.
                          It is just the rules of the collective bargaining agreement.

After March 1st, a restricted free agent is only permitted to sign with the team that own his rights - in this case Denver. Sign and trades are not permitted once the season starts.

Comment

It is just the rules of the collective bargaining agreement.

After March 1st, a restricted free agent is only permitted to sign with the team that own his rights - in this case Denver. Sign and trades are not permitted once the season starts.
                            Ahhh I see it's just a rule than I guess. Thanks Matt.

Comment

• I think the Nene trade will be followed up with a signing of Chandler by Denver.

They shed significant salary and will definitely be able to sign McGee for much less than Nene, in my opinion, if they choose to.

Comment

I think the Nene trade will be followed up with a signing of Chandler by Denver.

They shed significant salary and will definitely be able to sign McGee for much less than Nene, in my opinion, if they choose to.
                                Makes sense from a financial perspective. But they still need to find minutes to keep both Chandler and Gallo happy. And I'm sure both those guys find it easier to operate with a low-post presence like Nene around to counter-balance their perimeter games.

Comment

Working...
                                X