Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Chandler to Toronto? Forget about it (473)

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's pretty short bus.

Raptors Republic Rookie Jon_Wade's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Chandler has similar numbers to Andre Iguodala

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...ler-505/stats/ check his most recent season stats

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Iguodala-2918/

Now I know that Iggy is better defensively and has more passes but Chandler actually averaged more blocks, and that was even after his drop off when he played with the nuggets. BUT Iggy is getting paid 13 million(I know overpaid) this year and is 4 years older than Wilson.

Chandler could improve but even if he doesn't and gives us the numbers advertised he is worth a contract for 7-9 million a year given that he does have a chance to improve.
    Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If you look around the league at the contracts for wings, $7-8M would not be obscene and $5-6M would be a steal.
    I think this is where the crux of the debate over WC comes from. If Toronto (or anyone else) gets him for $5-6M, that would indeed be a steal and they should do it. Even at $7M, it might be a decent deal. But more than that, for what you're admitting might not even be a 3rd option on a playoff team? No thanks. And especially no thanks if, in order to manufacture that $8-10M that he's going to demand, you need to make an unbalanced trade and lose a key guy like Calderon.

Batum, I might go to more lengths to try and get. Chandler, I just don't see the same value.

And if last night proved anything, it's that any trade for Calderon simply HAS to bring back a PG who can play out the rest of this year as the starter. Bayless and Carter can't cut it.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't speak for anyone else but I see a versatile, 2-way, 24 year old NBA starter. He is not your 1st or 2nd option (maybe not even 3rd) but he can play SG and SF on O and guard 2, 3, and 4 on D. He is the epitome of a glue guy and he is, overall, better than anything currently on the roster. If you look around the league at the contracts for wings, $7-8M would not be obscene and $5-6M would be a steal.

Just letting you in on what I see - obviously doesn't make it fact.
    Fully agree. Plus he provides both the lineup versatility and culture/identity shift that BC covets. For $5-8M per season, in his prime, I think he would be a great fit on the Raptors long-term.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Fully agree. Plus he provides both the lineup versatility and culture/identity shift that BC covets. For $5-8M per season, in his prime, I think he would be a great fit on the Raptors long-term.
    I don't mind if the Raptors sign Chandler on the cheap but let's not get carried away and pretend Chandler has innate non-measurable abilities which will impact the culture/identity of the team.

Chandler played in China because he did not want to miss a paycheck. I have absolutely no problem with his decision but neither do I see a positive, or negative, culture/identity change by signing such a player.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree 100%. Colangelo loves guys that can play multiple positions (JJ, LK). Also look at Portland. With Wallace what do you do w Batum? Simple -play 2.
    I belive this to be good signing at 6.5-8.5 mil. The only question (since WC plays mostly 3 & starts, you could use JJ & LK at 3 & 4) is what do you do with Ed or Amir (at least 1 HAS to go)? Maybe a package of Ed or Amir, Jose & maybe 1st rounder for Rondo or Parker? (Too much?)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    I don't mind if the Raptors sign Chandler on the cheap but let's not get carried away and pretend Chandler has innate non-measurable abilities which will impact the culture/identity of the team.

Chandler played in China because he did not want to miss a paycheck. I have absolutely no problem with his decision but neither do I see a positive, or negative, culture/identity change by signing such a player.
    I only meant that Chandler has always seemed to be a hardworking, defense-oriented player, which fits the mold of what BC/Casey are trying to accomplish. I certainly didn't mean to imply that he would be able to do it single-handedly.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Chandler, but considering how things are going, rumours that Colangelo balked at Chandler's asking price and the time running out on the scenario at this point, I am resigning the fact that WC signs the long-term deal in Denver. That being the case, I am looking more at offering money at Batum RFA this summer. The draft will help to dictate this a little bit, but other than a burning desire to gain another teens pick to grab Lillard or later pick for Kabongo if he declares (offering up Barbosa, Bayless, 2013 1st, any 2nd's), I would be very happy with our bigs rotation (re-signing AGray) and a team of the following with Lillard/Kabongo moving into the starting role when ready, Batum starting at either the SG (if Barnes/MKG/Miller drafted) or SF (if Beal/Lamb drafted).

PG: Calderon, Lillard, FA
    SG: Batum/DD, Beal?, Forbes
    SF: Batum/Barnes?, JJ, Kleiza
    PF: Bargnani, ED, Amir
    C: JVal, AGray, (ED/Amir)

It could work very well. Calderon could re-sign on a lesser contract after next season, or cap space if he declines or gets injured.

I could easily be included among those trading away ED or Amir, but since it is likely teams will be able to dress 13 players next year, the depth and injury protection of that 5 man big rotation with both Kleiza and JJ able to play mins at the 4...ok perhaps we can use one in securing another pick or Batum.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When is the deadline for something to happen? Tonight or tomorrow night?

Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tomorrow night to sign Chandler.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    Meh, right now I'm higher on Johnson than Derozen. If defense is key than Chandler and JJ on the wings is a very solid set up.
    I'm not, sure James Johnson can play defense. But Demar can rebound almost as well, and pass the ball at a very good level, he's made some highlight and smart passes this season, and can play good on-ball defense WHEN he chooses too. Like I said, he's still developing and trying to buy into the defensive system. He played a good game against New Orleans showing what he can do on both ends. Shut down Bellinelli tonight.

You wan't to hit the ground running? Let Chandler play his original position, Demar gain experience, ball-handling and strength, and James Johnson as the sixth man. James Johnson plays as a spark plug, he's been consistent, but defensively is sketchy, one game he can make a big impact energy wise, or he can grab easy ticky tack fouls and really hurt the team. Never thought you can be streaky defensively :P

Post Thanks / Like

Can't say I agree that DD rebounds well or almost as well as JJ. Most absolutely definitely not consistently, HOWEVER as you say he is developing and he is on a rookie contact still. Unless we get a core piece in return DD is a core piece here and if he is surpassed by others will still be a trade chip in the future.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

March 1st has come and gone.

Chandler's only options are to:
    1) sign a long term deal with Denver
    2) sign a deal for remainder of season (which Denver will not do because he'd become unrestricted)
    3) sit out the rest of the year and become restricted again this summer.

Toronto's only option:
    1) wait for the off season to make an offer.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

March 1st has come and gone.

Chandler's only options are to:
    1) sign a long term deal with Denver
    2) sign a deal for remainder of season (which Denver will not do because he'd become unrestricted)
    3) sit out the rest of the year and become restricted again this summer.

Toronto's only option:
    1) wait for the off season to make an offer.

he will try for option 2 but settle for 1. with option 2 does denver still control bird rights for the extra year of the next contract? then 2 might be possible with a sign and trade agreement in the summer.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

so......the drama is over? Well, it was something fun to keep us entertained between linsanity and straight bull&*#%

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just say "NO" to $9M per year

Chandler update. The deadline has come and passed, so free agent Wilson Chandler can play for only one NBA team this season the Nuggets. But there's a caveat the Nuggets will only sign Chandler to a long-term deal, because if they were to sign him for only the rest of this season, then he becomes an unrestricted free agent in the summer.

Chandler's agent, Chris Luchey, said that he will remain in talks with the Nuggets' brass as the two sides try to get a deal done. If they don't, it's possible Chandler could latch onto an Italian pro team this spring, in anticipation for summer free agency, when he again would be a restricted free agent (Chandler, of course, played in China during the lockout and that season extended into February).

Chandler's market value is estimated at around $9 million per year, if one was to look at fellow forwards from his draft class, be it Carl Landry of New Orleans or Thaddeus Young of Philadelphia.

Chandler averaged 12.5 points per game for Denver last season and is clearly a talented young commodity. But would he even start? He plays primarily small forward and could play the two or the four depending on matchups.

The Nuggets' current lineup is Ty Lawson, Arron Afflalo, Gallinari, Nene and Timofey Mozgov. But Luchey suggested that Chandler wouldn't have a problem coming off the bench, assuming that Chandler was still a key part of the rotation.

So, it should be a fascinating few days to see if the two sides can work out a deal or wait until the summertime to get back at it.

Read more: Nuggets' Nene, Gallo, Rudy almost ready to return - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...#ixzz1o3vsFwQk
    Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
    That would be questionable in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

That would be questionable in my opinion.
    Too much to start off with.

Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That puts him practically where Bargnani is in salary, I think they are off on that number. Prince and Ariza as an example are making just under 7 million. I don't think he should get much more than those guys are receiving.

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't we do a sign and trade with Denver?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Couldn't we do a sign and trade with Denver?
    This summer, after July 1st? Sure.

Now until July 1st? No.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread Information