Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson Chandler to Toronto? Forget about it (473)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Via HoopsWorld.com (which is the original source of this rumour). Take anything from them with a grain of salt.

Source: HoopsWorld.com

Toronto, at this time, can only offer Chandler $4M. The Raptors are going to have to move some contracts in order to offer anything to Chandler that Denver would not match in a heartbeat.
    oh god, hoopsworld. i take things from there with a grain of pepper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TSN3 wrote: View Post
    Batum's definitely a lot more intriguing just because he hasn't really had the consistent starter minutes that Chandler has. Everyone pretty well knows what Chandler can and cannot do at this point, which works for and against him. A part of me wants to get Batum just because his potential seems limitless, but at the same time we've already got a bunch of potential-loaded players that we're hoping will pan out (including Jonas next year). So maybe an established player is exactly what we need to help stabilize the foundation.

A contending team can't solely be built around draft picks and projects. Not all of those players are going to work out and at a certain point you have to fill some gaps with more established players (just like Chicago has). So if Chandler can be had at a reasonable price, I think you do it just to have one less question mark on the roster. I do like Batum's game though.
    I'm not sure Chandler has reached his peak yet. Surprisingly, he is 3 months younger than James Johnson. Also considering how much his game has grown since entering the NBA, there could be more room for growth (although most likely not too much more, in my opinion).

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Like several posters in here, I also like Batum as well. I wonder though, if BC isn't doing a pre-emptive strike by going after Chandler for a potential bargain (given Denver's big investment in Gallinari and unlikliness/inability to match even a mid-range offer for Chandler) now, rather than get caught in an offseason league-wide bidding war for Batum, which will likely result in a team overpaying for him.
    It's a possibility. Wilson Chandler is a starter quality small forward and trying to obtain him at fair or lower than market price is a sound strategy.

Post Thanks / Like

For all those saying Batum hasn't had Starters Minutes yet: He played 31.5 minutes per game, Starting 67 games in 2010-2011.
    Thats "Starters Minutes" if you ask me.

Not to mention he started in 76 games as a Rookie. Though his minutes weren't high, no one can say this kid hasn't been given a chance to prove whats he's got.
    Last edited by Joey; Mon Jan 30th, 2012 at 07:09 PM.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    For all those saying Batum hasn't had Starters Minutes yet: He played 31.5 minutes per game, Starting 67 games in 2010-2011.
    Thats "Starters Minutes" if you ask me.

Not to mention he started in 76 games as a Rookie. Though his minutes weren't high, no one can say this kid hasn't been given a chance to prove whats he's got.
    Well put. What is interesting is Batum was touted as being gifted defensively, and the Blazer fans are upset at his lack of consistency on the D side. Of course he is young so it shouldn't be majorly concerning.