Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 494

Thread: Wilson Chandler to Toronto? Forget about it (473)

  1. #101
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,666
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I'm not as diligent as I used to be during fact finding. Thanks for correcting that.



    Well let me ask you this. When your forwards are Bargnani, Amir Johnson, Ed Davis, Wilson Chandler, James Johnson and Linas Kleiza, who are the odd men out? What do you do with them? I think it's fair to say that one of Amir or Ed is out of here this summer. If the Raptors land Chandler then I think it would be fair to say one of Johnson or Kleiza are out of here maybe when the trade is made, maybe by the summer.

    The Nuggets could have kept Forbes if they really wanted him but they chose to let him walk.
    I definitely think one of Amir or Ed are gone but Chandler can spend some time at the 2 guard. I think the acquisition of Chandler could possibly set the stage for DeMar's exit over the summer.

    I think it is easier to look at a 9 man rotation with a 10th who usually only gets PT in case of injury or foul trouble.

    PG: to be determined
    SG: DeMar
    SF: Chandler
    PF: Bargnani
    C: JV

    back up guard (PG/SG): tbd
    back up SG/SF: JJ or Kleiza
    back up SF/PF: JJ or Kleiza based on match up
    back up PF/C: ED/Amir

    10th: based on need


    Surprisingly the above is much harder than I thought it would be when trying to keep everyone except one of Amir or ED. I like the idea of packaging one of Amir/ED, DeMar, and something centered around this draft and a future draft draft pick to land someone really 'happy' in a 'grizzly' situation which would leave Chandler to start at the 2.... but that is a dead horse that has been pummelled

  2. #102
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I definitely think one of Amir or Ed are gone but Chandler can spend some time at the 2 guard. I think the acquisition of Chandler could possibly set the stage for DeMar's exit over the summer.

    I think it is easier to look at a 9 man rotation with a 10th who usually only gets PT in case of injury or foul trouble.

    PG: to be determined
    SG: DeMar
    SF: Chandler
    PF: Bargnani
    C: JV

    back up guard (PG/SG): tbd
    back up SG/SF: JJ or Kleiza
    back up SF/PF: JJ or Kleiza based on match up
    back up PF/C: ED/Amir

    10th: based on need


    Surprisingly the above is much harder than I thought it would be when trying to keep everyone except one of Amir or ED. I like the idea of packaging one of Amir/ED, DeMar, and something centered around this draft and a future draft draft pick to land someone really 'happy' in a 'grizzly' situation which would leave Chandler to start at the 2.... but that is a dead horse that has been pummelled
    I think your post does a good job illustrating just how crazy this season has been; in the summer a large % of people felt that Bargnani would be one of the first players dealt, but now Bargnani and Valanciunas seem like the only 100% sure things to be on next season's roster! How crazy a turnaround!

    - roughly a third of the roster is on expiring contracts and likely won't re-sign (Magloire, Carter, Butler, Gray, Alabi)
    - roughly a third of the roster has been or would seem to have a high potential to be rumored in deals (Barbosa, Calderon, Bayless, Amir, Davis, DeRozan)
    - roughly a third of the roster likely isn't going anywhere, for one reason or another, unless to balance trades (Kleiza, J.Johnson, Forbes)
    - only a couple players seem 100% destined to be here next season (Bargnani, Valanciunas)

    Regardless what you personally hope for, I'm sure it's widely agreed upon that the next 2 months leading up to the trade deadline and then the offseason, should be quite exciting for Raptors fans to watch! Perhaps moreso than the team on the court!

    For all the talk about "rebuilding" and "building", next year's Raptors team could be vastly different than the team currently assembled!
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Jan 31st, 2012 at 04:06 PM.

  3. #103
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    we should try to deal bosa for a pick and sign chandler.

  4. #104
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    we should try to deal bosa for a pick and sign chandler.
    As a few people have mentioned previously, I think if Chandler is signed, either J.Johnson or Kleiza immediately becomes expendable - even after Barbosa is traded. Much like the glut of PF, I don't think there would be enough minutes for DeRozan/Chandler/Johnson/Kleiza - even less if a wing is still a target with the 2012 lottery pick!

    SF: Chandler (SG), Johnson (PF), Kleiza (PF)
    SG: DeRozan (SF), Forbes

  5. #105
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    thats true. But it would be hard to move kleiza and JJ IMO is a keeper. So we're kinda screwed, i'd move kleiza before JJ though. Chandler brings more to the table then Kleiza and JJ would be a nice Defensive serge off the bench.

  6. #106
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,436
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    thats true. But it would be hard to move kleiza and JJ IMO is a keeper. So we're kinda screwed, i'd move kleiza before JJ though. Chandler brings more to the table then Kleiza and JJ would be a nice Defensive serge off the bench.
    Bryan also has the amnesty at his disposal. If he really wants to keep JJ, and Denver does not want to do a sign and trade, they could amnesty Kleiza and get back another $4M to give us about $8M to go after Chandler. So we have options.

  7. #107
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    thats true. But it would be hard to move kleiza and JJ IMO is a keeper. So we're kinda screwed, i'd move kleiza before JJ though. Chandler brings more to the table then Kleiza and JJ would be a nice Defensive serge off the bench.
    I do like Kleiza's offense off the bench too, along with his ability to play PF in a small lineup. Given JJ's contract/age/defensive spark, I could see him demanded in a S&T for Chandler or potentially used in another deal. If BC gets Chandler AND still targets a wing in the draft, then both JJ and Kleiza could be on their way out... who knows, only time will tell!

  8. #108
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Bryan also has the amnesty at his disposal. If he really wants to keep JJ, and Denver does not want to do a sign and trade, they could amnesty Kleiza and get back another $4M to give us about $8M to go after Chandler. So we have options.
    yea we could amnesty him. But BC will have to get a deal done with Chandler before using the amnesty on kleiza. No point in amnestying kleiza and then losing chandler to the nuggets or another team.

  9. #109
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I definitely think one of Amir or Ed are gone but Chandler can spend some time at the 2 guard. I think the acquisition of Chandler could possibly set the stage for DeMar's exit over the summer.
    I really feel that DeRozan's playing career in Toronto is not in jeopardy. Colangelo doesn't usually give up on prospects quickly. Unless they draft a guy like Lamb then I feel that if anything Colangelo will have DeRozan in summer league and he'll have his guys working with him at different points in the off-season. Colangelo has a pretty solid history of standing by his picks unless a roster move causes a redundancy.

    I agree that Chandler can play some 2 but you don't want him starting there.

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I like the idea of packaging one of Amir/ED, DeMar, and something centered around this draft and a future draft draft pick to land someone really 'happy' in a 'grizzly' situation which would leave Chandler to start at the 2.... but that is a dead horse that has been pummelled
    If they're trading Amir or Ed I think they better be getting a lottery pick back or a really interesting prospect/young vet. Give me a "yay" or "nay" on the following names if we're talking Ed Davis outbound:


    • Jan Vesely
    • Marcus Thornton
    • Thaddeus Young
    • J.J. Redick
    • Wesley Johnson
    • O.J. Mayo
    • Chase Budinger
    • Klay Thompson

  10. #110
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,666
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Bryan also has the amnesty at his disposal. If he really wants to keep JJ, and Denver does not want to do a sign and trade, they could amnesty Kleiza and get back another $4M to give us about $8M to go after Chandler. So we have options.
    The amnesty has a deadline which was before this season started. They will not get a chance to use the amnesty again until the off season, most likely after July 1st.

  11. #111
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,436
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    The amnesty has a deadline which was before this season started. They will not get a chance to use the amnesty again until the off season, most likely after July 1st.
    Thanks, I didn't know that - or I did but completely forgot about it.

  12. #112
    Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Lido Deck
    Posts
    640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    I still prefer Nico Batum by an insanely large margin. He is a better overall player than Chandler.
    eeesh - not sure I agree with that...
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

  13. #113
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I really feel that DeRozan's playing career in Toronto is not in jeopardy. Colangelo doesn't usually give up on prospects quickly. Unless they draft a guy like Lamb then I feel that if anything Colangelo will have DeRozan in summer league and he'll have his guys working with him at different points in the off-season. Colangelo has a pretty solid history of standing by his picks unless a roster move causes a redundancy.

    I agree that Chandler can play some 2 but you don't want him starting there.



    If they're trading Amir or Ed I think they better be getting a lottery pick back or a really interesting prospect/young vet. Give me a "yay" or "nay" on the following names if we're talking Ed Davis outbound:


    • Jan Vesely
    • Marcus Thornton
    • Thaddeus Young
    • J.J. Redick
    • Wesley Johnson
    • O.J. Mayo
    • Chase Budinger
    • Klay Thompson
    haha me thinks Matt was referring to Rudy Gay. I think Davis/Amir & DeRozan would be pretty fair deal for Gay - I certainly wouldn't include a lottery pick along with the two of them though, I think that would be too much to give up (considering the Raps would be taking on a lot more salary too)

    I think Davis/Amir would be a fair starting point for Mayo. I'm personally not too big on the rest of that group.

    If BC were to sign Chandler and make a big trade for another wing, then suddenly BC's 2012 draft goals would be up in the air! Would make for some very interesting discussion on RR!

  14. #114
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,926
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post

    • Jan Vesely
    • Marcus Thornton
    • Thaddeus Young
    • J.J. Redick
    • Wesley Johnson
    • O.J. Mayo
    • Chase Budinger
    • Klay Thompson
    nay
    nay
    nay
    yay
    nay
    yay
    nay
    nay

    with z-bo down couldnt mayo for davis work? or is there a possibility that 76ers would want amir or ed for turner?

  15. #115
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,926
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    As a few people have mentioned previously, I think if Chandler is signed, either J.Johnson or Kleiza immediately becomes expendable - even after Barbosa is traded. Much like the glut of PF, I don't think there would be enough minutes for DeRozan/Chandler/Johnson/Kleiza - even less if a wing is still a target with the 2012 lottery pick!

    SF: Chandler (SG), Johnson (PF), Kleiza (PF)
    SG: DeRozan (SF), Forbes

    on a real team i think forbes is either not there or end of bench depth type not a backup to your sg

  16. #116
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    or is there a possibility that 76ers would want amir or ed for turner?
    They invested a #2 overall pick in Turner and so I say no. If he goes down he sucks those who drafted him down with him.

  17. #117
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,666
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post

    If they're trading Amir or Ed I think they better be getting a lottery pick back or a really interesting prospect/young vet. Give me a "yay" or "nay" on the following names if we're talking Ed Davis outbound:


    • Jan Vesely
    • Marcus Thornton
    • Thaddeus Young
    • J.J. Redick
    • Wesley Johnson
    • O.J. Mayo
    • Chase Budinger
    • Klay Thompson
    I'm thinking much bigger.

  18. #118
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I'm thinking much bigger.
    Lol, gee who could that be. Not like you left any clues for us the last few months to help us out there Matt.......

  19. #119
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,785
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    If they're trading Amir or Ed I think they better be getting a lottery pick back or a really interesting prospect/young vet. Give me a "yay" or "nay" on the following names if we're talking Ed Davis outbound:


    • Jan Vesely
    • Marcus Thornton
    • Thaddeus Young
    • J.J. Redick
    • Wesley Johnson
    • O.J. Mayo
    • Chase Budinger
    • Klay Thompson
    nay
    nay
    eh?
    nay
    nay
    yay
    yay
    yay

    thompson really interests me
    @jerboat

  20. #120
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,666
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    Lol, gee who could that be. Not like you left any clues for us the last few months to help us out there Matt.......
    Subtly has never been my strong suit.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •