Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the Best Dunk of All Time? Best Dunker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the Best Dunk of All Time? Best Dunker?

After starting the conversation in the Blake Griffin thread, I figured I'd go looking for a thread like this.
    Couldn't really find one, so here it is.

Post your videos. Talk your smack.

Whats the Greatest Dunk of All Time?

Who's the Greatest Dunker of All Time?

Obviously this comes to mind, and was mentioned in the Blake thread:

Or of course his showing at the 2000 Dunk Contest:

Comment

And of course the Dunk that started the conversation:

Comment

I've got to go with this MJ classic:

Comment

this aint anywhere near the best dunk but i just have to throw this out there.

After that loss i had to look this up. Even though i hate bosh i like this dunk pretty nasty.

Comment

Comment

same as blake griffins the only thing is that blake has more strength.

Comment

Westbrook is insane

Comment

Can't see the YouTube videos... But if all of VCs 2000 dunk comp dunks aren't there, shame on you all

Love him or hate him, that shit was see inspiring

Comment

See = AWE

Stupid auto correct

Comment

If we are talking outside of the NBA, I am going with Guy Dupuy or Abdoul Bamba.

Best NBA dunker of all time? Shawn Kemp.

Best Dunks?

A tie between Baron Davis over AK47 and Shawn Kemp over Alton Lister.

I remember watching that play, all the emotion of Golden State was insane. One of my favourites.

People seem to forget about the history of Kemp and Lister. Multiple fights, always talkin. They were always going at each other and that is what made that dunk so great.

Comment

Oh man, Kemp and Lister was one for the Ages.
                        The way he points at him after the dunk. SO classic.

Kemps got SO many nice in-game dunks too, but you're right, the history between the two, made that one so much more legendary.

Comment

Gotta tip my hat to all the old fellas that started it back before every second of every game was recorded for eternity. Wilt, Dr. J, etc. Everybody builds on what comes before them. If I recall, they widened the paint simply to stop Wilt Chamberlain from being too dominant for the game.

"He was the only NBA player to score 4,000 points in a season. He set NBA single-game records for most points (100), most consecutive field goals (18) and most rebounds (55). Perhaps his most mind-boggling stat was the 50.4 points per game he averaged during the 1961-62 season--and if not that, then perhaps the 48.5 minutes per game he averaged that same year."

And check this out.

"During his career, his dominance precipitated many rules changes. These rules changed included widening the lane, instituting offensive goaltending and revising rules governing inbounding the ball and shooting free throws"
                          ****(Chamberlain would leap with the ball from behind the foul line to deposit the ball in the basket).****

You've got to figure that he had some pretty good dunks in there somewhere.

But that Carter dunk during the Olympics is the most outrageous thing I ever saw.

Comment

J-Rich needs to get more Props ... I'd put him Top 10 Dunkers of ALL-TIME, hands down.

He did that dunk on the first try, if I'm not mistaken ... and that was back when you only got 2 misses!

I miss the Dunk Contest of Old.

Even if they did that 'the dunk wheel' back then ... haha

Comment

what about spud?

this video is crazy

I never really watched him play but these highlights are ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X