Kentucky vs. Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go again:

I may have gone a bit far last week, speculating that Kentucky's starting unit could knock off the five that took the floor for the Toronto Raptors against the Boston Celtics.

Maybe it was somewhat of an overreaction after watching the aging ones from Beantown pummel that group from north of the border -- the one that featured James Johnson, Ed Davis and Aaron Gray up front and Jose Calderon and Demar DeRozan in the backcourt.

But I still honestly believe that the Wildcats could give them a run.

I know it sounds utterly ridiculous and insane that the top college team in the land could stand toe-to-toe with a bunch of so-called grown men in the NBA, but let's face it: The NBA isn't what is used to be and this Kentucky group is LOADED.

That Toronto starting five is abysmal. Sure, the Raptors were without Andrea Bargnani, but that's about as lackluster a group as I've seen take the floor to start an NBA game since ... well, maybe ever. And that's a team that somehow has won eight games already this season and stands within striking distance of a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...atereddown-nba

Comment

It wouldn't be vaguely close under any rules. Aaron Gray and Big Cat alone would be too much for anyone on that team to handle. I don't care how good Anthony Davis and Gilchrist are, they would be boys playing against men. Who on that team guards James Johnson? The guy is as big as any of their bigs and would be playing the 3. We would abuse them in deep at every position and guys like Barbosa and Calderon would annihilate anything they had on the perimeter. It would be embarrassing for them or any other college team.
      Consider this: Soloman Alabi was considered to be a good player in college. He can't even get into the game at this level.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Never mind the starters on the Raptors, Linas Klieza would have a field day. Gilcrest would get abused on the low block and Jones would get lost on the perimeter.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
          It wouldn't be vaguely close under any rules. Aaron Gray and Big Cat alone would be too much for anyone on that team to handle. I don't care how good Anthony Davis and Gilchrist are, they would be boys playing against men. Who on that team guards James Johnson? The guy is as big as any of their bigs and would be playing the 3. We would abuse them in deep at every position and guys like Barbosa and Calderon would annihilate anything they had on the perimeter. It would be embarrassing for them or any other college team.
          Consider this: Soloman Alabi was considered to be a good player in college. He can't even get into the game at this level.
          Dude, I agree. All these players were top college guys back in the day. Now they're bigger and stronger too. Even without AB, I don't think this would be that close.

Plus Keliza would punch one of those kids in their stupid mouths cause he would be so insulted that he's even playing that game.
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

The myth a college football or basketball team could beat a NFL or NBA team has floated around for over 40 years.

That has as much chance of happening as Tim W being named the Raptors GM.

Comment

Just a journalist trying to get some attention.

Every NBA player, 12-man included, was likely the star of his college team. The comparison is absurd.

Comment

Working...
              X