Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 56

Thread: LOLLOLLOLOLOL - Anthony injured, Stoudemire out: KNICKS WIN!

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    NY wins versus WSH.

    Lin 23 points, 10 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 turnovers

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic All-Star stretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Is Lin a RFA at the ed of the season? The Knicks will have not much wiggle room under the cap but with their resources perhaps the Knicks won't care if the overshoot the cap by a bunch.

    Interesting to see what happens when they throw Baron Davis in the mix.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Starter Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No, Lin will be a UFA. Lin cannot be signed for more than the MLE since he was waived by the Warriors along with his Bird/Early Bird rights.

  4. #24
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lin's gon' get PAID this off-season, regardless. BIG TIME.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Starter Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Lin's gon' get PAID this off-season, regardless. BIG TIME.
    Well he's certainly going to be seeing 6 zeros finally, but I know there are GMs out there that would offer 7 zeros if they could.

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If we cant draft kabongo this guy is the nest best thing. If we get a chance we have to sign him

  7. #27
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,770
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Knicks continue to roll.

    Lin with 38 points and 7 assists ... The Lin Legend Lives on over the Lakers.
    Last edited by Joey; Fri Feb 10th, 2012 at 10:47 PM.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic Starter Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Super lintendo for mvp

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Crazy tweets tonight after Linsanity tightens its grip:

    Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN
    Before this week, Jeremy Lin had 32 points for the season & 108 for his career. He has 114 points in last 6 days.
    Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
    RT @ESPNStatsInfo: Jeremy Lin's 89 points in first 3 starts most by ANY NBA PLAYER in first 3 starts since NBA/ABA merger in 76-77 sez Elias

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Knicks are on a 4 game win streak.

    Game 1 was against a horrible NJ team where Melo played awful and Amar'e was average at best.

    Game 2 was against the Jazz with Melo playing first 6 minutes and no Amar'e.

    Game 3 was against the Wiz - again a horrible team - but, yet again, with no Melo and Amar'e.

    Game 4 was against the Lakers and were without Melo and Amar'e.



    I do not mean to rub this in on Amare but definitely on Carmelo - the Knicks are playing their best basketball of the year without their 2 'best' players. Awesome. I hope they lose horribly once Melo returns.

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Starter Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Everyone, you are witnessing the beginning of a new dynasty, the Lin Dynasty.

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I do not mean to rub this in on Amare but definitely on Carmelo - the Knicks are playing their best basketball of the year without their 2 'best' players. Awesome. I hope they lose horribly once Melo returns.
    i cant help but feel like amare will thrive with lin on the court... but melo will turn into the locker room cancer... a new age starbury

    that being said... i just had a conversation with my mom, and even she was like "even kobe cant stop that chinese boy".... im trying hard to not love the dude... i mean, he's religious... thats reason enough for me to hate him... BUT DID YOU SEE HIM SPIN ON FISHER?!?!?

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic Starter Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't see how you can hate athletes who are religious and still love sports given that 99% of professional athletes are religious to some degree.

  14. #34
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Prime wrote: View Post
    I don't see how you can hate athletes who are religious and still love sports given that 99% of professional athletes are religious to some degree.
    wrong wording... i dont hate players for being religious... i hate when they just have to put it in your face...

    if you want to be religious, thats cool... but if you want to tell the world about it, which includes me, then you can f' right off..

    like when johnny bones jones wins a fight and he thanks jesus... pisses me off... like god is sitting there going "you know what i'm going to do... screw his skills and months of training... he's going to beat that other dudes face into a bloody mess because i want it so....awww... he's thanking me... no prob dude!! youse my homie!"

    but ya... i cant help but love Lin despite that..

  15. #35
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    so you hate him for thanking god? thats sorta stupid. Let the guy do what he wants, that doesn't change the fact that he scored 38 points and 7 assists against kobe and the lakers

  16. #36
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    wrong wording... i dont hate players for being religious... i hate when they just have to put it in your face...

    if you want to be religious, thats cool... but if you want to tell the world about it, which includes me, then you can f' right off..

    like when johnny bones jones wins a fight and he thanks jesus... pisses me off... like god is sitting there going "you know what i'm going to do... screw his skills and months of training... he's going to beat that other dudes face into a bloody mess because i want it so....awww... he's thanking me... no prob dude!! youse my homie!"

    but ya... i cant help but love Lin despite that..
    lol - plus 1.

  17. #37
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    so you hate him for thanking god? thats sorta stupid. Let the guy do what he wants, that doesn't change the fact that he scored 38 points and 7 assists against kobe and the lakers
    nah... stupid is replying to somebody without reading what he said... i said i love Lin despite the awful god shit

    despite his horrible bible reading hand shake.... i cant help but love him

  18. #38
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    nah... stupid is replying to somebody without reading what he said... i said i love Lin despite the awful god shit

    despite his horrible bible reading hand shake.... i cant help but love him
    why do you care? like i said he can do what he wants. What god shit? your acting like he carries a fucking bible with him everywhere and reads the whole damn thing during the post game interview. All he said was that he thanks god for giving him this opportunity

  19. #39
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    wrong wording... i dont hate players for being religious... i hate when they just have to put it in your face...

    if you want to be religious, thats cool... but if you want to tell the world about it, which includes me, then you can f' right off..

    like when johnny bones jones wins a fight and he thanks jesus... pisses me off... like god is sitting there going "you know what i'm going to do... screw his skills and months of training... he's going to beat that other dudes face into a bloody mess because i want it so....awww... he's thanking me... no prob dude!! youse my homie!"

    but ya... i cant help but love Lin despite that..
    I get your sensitivity on this topic, but it doesn't really apply to Lin. He doesn't 'put his religion in your face'. He thanks his teammates, the coach, the fans, the ballboy, God, etc... It's very quick and barely noticeable - not in your face at all. He sounds grateful for the opportunity and should be. He's not Tebowing or anywhere close to that. Not sure why you're getting worked up about the quick God reference among a hundred other things he's saying. Wrong guy to pick on for that, in this case.

  20. #40
    Raptors Republic Starter Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    wrong wording... i dont hate players for being religious... i hate when they just have to put it in your face...
    Name one time Lin did this. Show me an interview where he mentions God more than once.

    I think your perception of him as the "Asian Tebow" has clouded your judgement.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •