Raptors weigh plusses of Drafting a Homegrown Talent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    When did Ender Wiggin gained a "s" in his last name?

All things considered, the speaker of the dead is the most likely person to rise the Raptors from obscurity.
    I hadn't heard of Ender Wiggin until I just looked it up. I am very ignorant of this science fiction character though I have been reading about the prep basketball star who is playing relatively close to where you are at Huntington Prep.

Comment

The first book of the series, Ender's Game, is very good example of the american minimalist writing style. The story is engaging and layered enough to appeal to readers age 10 and up, especially males.

The second book, Speaker of the Dead, is much more layered and is unlikely to be appreciated by younger readers in my opinion.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Take the best player on the board.

Colangelo could have selected Denham Brown back in 2006. He was within range to be taken but instead they drafted a PF with the body of SG... Brown no doubt is a borderline talent but you have to think he would have lasted longer than PJ Tucker did. To me it seemed blatantly obvious that Brown was a better player than Tucker but what do I know...
        Now we're letting patriotism get the better of us. Denham Brown was selected 40th by Seattle. He was waived during training camp and no other NBA team picked him up. His attitude has always been questioned - even at Connecticut. He's worn out his welcome on the Canadian National Team and never really contributed much when he did play for them. He bounced around Europe for a few years and now plays for the Oshawa Power.

PJ Tucker was a risk but aren't all picks in the mid-20's? In a crap-shoot I think Tucker was a good wager. Some mock drafts had projected him as a First Round selection. And compared to Brown, he's proved he was the better pro. Tucker at least hung around the Raptors' roster for a couple years, and he's really developed in Europe. He was the MVP of the Israeli League and he's currently playing in Euroleague - the top hoops level in Europe.

Comment

Interesting that BC is applying for Canadian citizenship. Nice to see the commitment to the team, the city, and the country.

Comment

Raptomist wrote: View Post
            Interesting that BC is applying for Canadian citizenship. Nice to see the commitment to the team, the city, and the country.
            Maybe that is a sign that BC will not be sticking around. Grunwald and Swirski got their citizenship papers and were soon back in the USA.

Comment

Rivers and Moultrie are the only players on this list I have above Kabongo.
              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

I admittedly haven't seen much of Rivers this season, but the few times I did, he didn't impress.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I admittedly haven't seen much of Rivers this season, but the few times I did, he didn't impress.
                  Initially I was going to use Rivers as my example actually, but he hasn't, by ANY stretch, proven to be OBVIOUSLY better, as my post was looking for. I'd actually prefer BC take Myck of Rivers at this point in time. Rivers has proven to be more of a score first PG, and not even very effective at that so far.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    Initially I was going to use Rivers as my example actually, but he hasn't, by ANY stretch, proven to be OBVIOUSLY better, as my post was looking for. I'd actually prefer BC take Myck of Rivers at this point in time. Rivers has proven to be more of a score first PG, and not even very effective at that so far.
                    You could also make the argument he has proven to not be a PG at all and is an undersized SG.

Comment

Rivers probably gets more pub than he deserves simply because of his last name, and the school he plays for (similar to Seth Curry).

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        You could also make the argument he has proven to not be a PG at all and is an undersized SG.
                        Absolutely. Everytime I watch him, I just see Bayless.
                        And his numbers aren't even CLOSE to being as good as Bayless was for Arizona.
                        I'd pass on Rivers and go straight for Kabongo even if he wasn't Canadian at this point.

(Duke vs. Tar Heels, tonight on the Score!)

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          (Duke vs. Tar Heels, tonight on the Score!)
                          Great! Something to watch when the Raptors are down by 17 to start the 2nd quarter

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Great! Something to watch when the Raptors are down by 17 to start the 2nd quarter
                            Hahaha My thoughts exactly!

Comment

DraftExpress has three UNC players listed in their top 10:

4. Harrison Barnes
                              8. John Henson
                              9. Tyler Zeller

Of note, Kidd-Gilchrist is now #3 ahead of Barnes.

Comment

Working...
                              X