• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    Players i'd move up for:

Davis
    MKG
    Miller (his stock is going to skyrocket, just wait)

Otherwise, if I'm picking in the 5-10 range I stick with Lamb/Beal/Kabongo
    I like Kabongo but no way would I draft him with a 5-10 pick. At this time I'd be looking to buy a draft pick or if possible get a late 1st rounder included in a deal for Barbosa or Calderon.

Comment

The Rawth wrote: View Post
      Why bother taking AD if we have a sorted front court for next season? Sure he's an incredibly useful player, but i think to address the position needs is more important this draft.

Unless we draft and use him to trade for the position most needed? Which now i'dsay is more at the point as JJ has been showing some stickiness towards our team. Get rid of Bayless or Calderon in off season (highly likely I'm guessing), draft a PG in MKG and let who's left out of JC or JB back up our pick?
      Anthony Davis is going to be very special. You don't pass on a talent like him for need, in my opinion.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Anthony Davis is going to be very special. You don't pass on a talent like him for need, in my opinion.
        I agree that you do not pass up a higher tier talent to draft a position of need.

Just curious, what would you rate the likelihood the best ten college players become franchise type players? I don't follow college hoop except for the odd Spiders game when my daughter has an extra free ticket so it is just for curiosity, not for the sake of argument.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
          I agree that you do not pass up a higher tier talent to draft a position of need.

Just curious, what would you rate the likelihood the best ten college players become franchise type players? I don't follow college hoop except for the odd Spiders game when my daughter has an extra free ticket so it is just for curiosity, not for the sake of argument.
          In the same draft? Very unlikely. You'd be lucky to get 3 I think.

Comment

In the same draft? Very unlikely. You'd be lucky to get 3 I think.
            My bad. Let me rephrase.

What is the likelihood Anthony Davis will be a franchise player?
            What is the likelihood Andre Drummond will be a franchise player?

And same question for the next 8 players you think will be drafted 3 through 10.

Comment

My bad. Let me rephrase.

And same question for the next 8 players you think will be drafted 3 through 10.
              I'm not sure there is an objective way to quantify the question. If there was Kwame Brown would never have been taken 1, Stromile Swift would never have been drafted 2, Adam Morrison would never have been drafted 3, Drew Gooden would never have been drafted 4, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

I'm not sure there is an objective way to quantify the question. If there was Kwame Brown would never have been taken 1, Stromile Swift would never have been drafted 2, Adam Morrison would never have been drafted 3, Drew Gooden would never have been drafted 4, etc. etc. etc.
                I don't think he is asking for percentages. Players 1 through 10, which ones do you think might become franchise type players?

I don't follow College ball at all so I can'rt comment myself but it is an interesting question.

Comment

My bad. Let me rephrase.

there was no guarantees that rose would be a franchise player. look at reddick (one of my favourites), had an outstanding college career, he is a role player.

the best example i can come up with isn't in basketball but alexander daigle. if there was ever a player guaranteed success it was him. didn't work out that way though.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                    I don't think he is asking for percentages. Players 1 through 10, which ones do you think might become franchise type players?

I don't follow College ball at all so I can'rt comment myself but it is an interesting question.
                    i would say davis, and mkg(if he can get some more offense) have the best chances of being franchise turner arounders.

Comment

Working...
                    X