Whitney Houston died?! Holy Mackeral.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitney Houston died?! Holy Mackeral.

I guess some of you guys probably won't even care, let alone know who she is, but I'm sure more than a few of you will see this as almost as devestating as when MJ died ... we just lost one of the greatest performers on the planet.

cmon, the most relevant thing mj did in the past 15 yrs was melest some little kids and the most relevent thing she did was get hooked on crack. I mean, i'll admit they were two g.o.a.t. But, nobody has given a shit about her the past 10 yrs don't start now because she died. To me she might as well have died 15 yrs ago because that's when her career did and relevancy. I mean that as it would have been more relevant and more would understand and care. I mean it's awful what happened to her, with the whole bobby brown thing. But, that to me is as far as i go to giving a shit.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
      cmon, the most relevant thing mj did in the past 15 yrs was melest some little kids and the most relevent thing she did was get hooked on crack. I mean, i'll admit they were two g.o.a.t. But, nobody has given a shit about her the past 10 yrs don't start now because she died. To me she might as well have died 15 yrs ago because that's when her career did and relevancy. I mean that as it would have been more relevant and more would understand and care. I mean it's awful what happened to her, with the whole bobby brown thing. But, that to me is as far as i go to giving a shit.
      Oh I completely agree.
      But now its kinda final. There's no more talk about a 'comeback' and also no more chances to screw it up.
      It's all left to Legacy, and as a Legacy, Her and MJ should have two of the finest in the Music business.
      Regardless of Personal Endeavours.

Comment

i've heard of that name but have no idea who she is or what she did. Anyone willing to give me a short history lesson?

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          i've heard of that name but have no idea who she is or what she did. Anyone willing to give me a short history lesson?
          One of the biggest voices EVER.
          Ignore the cheese of the song, and just dig how EPIC she is.

Comment

ya, i don't think i'm all that much older than you, the only reason i know who she is, is because she was my mom's favourite and i'm a fan of kevin costner.

here's basically a solid break down of start to finish of her career.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni22634419/

i'll try and relate it to something more relevant... joey can confirm or deny if it's a good comparison... imagine if rihanna stayed with chris brown after he beat the shit out of her and they got into heavy drugs and he frequently beat the shit out of her for 5 or so more years and she let herself go.

basically, the story of bobby brown-whitney houston marriage and the drugs for the rest of her life.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
              imagine if rihanna stayed with chris brown after he beat the shit out of her and they got into heavy drugs and he frequently beat the shit out of her for 5 or so more years and she let herself go.

basically, the story of bobby brown-whitney houston marriage and the drugs for the rest of her life.
              Haha, Damn, that sounds about right. That really was a shame. But apparently she was into the drugs long before Bobby B. But still. Damn shame.

I mean I was a little kid still when she first started coming up big, but the song I posted above was a HUGE part of the early 90s.

Comment

well LBF I'm 15. And thanks for the info i'll probably google her name later

Comment

well LBF I'm 15. And thanks for the info i'll probably google her name later
                  Thanks for making me feel old!

Comment

lol sorry man

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Haha, Damn, that sounds about right. That really was a shame. But apparently she was into the drugs long before Bobby B. But still. Damn shame.

I mean I was a little kid still when she first started coming up big, but the song I posted above was a HUGE part of the early 90s.
                      well, you know

that movie, the bodyguard, was a huge part of the 90's. then that song was like a whole nother level.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                        Thanks for making me feel old!
                        well, i'm only 13 if it helps.

rofl, just kidding.

Comment

lol

Comment

Working...
                          X