Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: February 12 - Los Angeles Lakers

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Matt, today is February 12th

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Stern definitely has the face and tone when he speaks of a conniving little rat so I wouldn't be surprised if he's making some cash on the side.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Prime wrote: View Post
    Hey Matt, today is February 12th
    Ahhh shit. No wonder the milk tasted a little funny this morning.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The real scandal is that Casey keeps letting Butler handle late-game inbound duties. Didn't he botch one against the Suns (or Utah). If fans are looking for controversy, why not look at that decision?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way guys...did Gary Forbes sleep with Casey's wife or something? No way he's worse then Bulter and isit he signed on for 2 years? Might as well see what he offers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Gorlitzer wrote: View Post
    The real scandal is that Casey keeps letting Butler handle late-game inbound duties. Didn't he botch one against the Suns (or Utah). If fans are looking for controversy, why not look at that decision?
    That is a good point.

Rasual "LotteryBall" Butler: If you need lottery balls, I'm your man.

Raptors Republic Rookie big_chris's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Well alot of the Refs in the NBA are quite good, and don't give in the 'Superstar' calls.

But when you have guys like Scott Foster, who have been linked Time and time again with illegal gambling, David Stern is a FOOL for not getting rid of this guy a LONG time ago. Unless he's making some cash on the side as well, I just don't understand it.

The guy is clearly being corrupted on Big Money games, and its disgusting.
    Lakers had to win by 7 in order to cover the point spread. I think it was just plain old bad reffing.

Post Thanks / Like

Calderon certainly had a good audition for Lakers brass:

30 points on 13-18 shooting (4-4 3pt), 6 assists, 2 rebs, 2 to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote big_chris wrote: View Post
    Lakers had to win by 7 in order to cover the point spread. I think it was just plain old bad reffing.
    Good point, but still, as I posted above, Foster is proven to be a corrupt slime-ball.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Calderon certainly had a good audition for Lakers brass:

30 points on 13-18 shooting (4-4 3pt), 6 assists, 2 rebs, 2 to.
    Maybe Calderon had a good audition for Raptor fans wanting to trade him as well? Or probably they only think this will raise his trade value? I'd like him to stay on for a couple of years unless we can get something really good in a trade or really fill the capspace with something more than really good.

I really liked this game, especially Calderon. Only started watching untill about 8 minutes in the second quarter, so in the game I saw we totally outscored the Lakers.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to say "A great tough loss, one step closer to the lottery." but I can not. I wanted this one. I want to get mad at the refs but what is the point?

Great grit shown by the Raps today, makes me ever so excited to see this play next year when (hopefully) they get the respect they deserve.

Post Thanks / Like

DNP but loses the game for the Raptors. Audacious! I think Butler should finish out his career playing for the Washington Generals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Maybe Calderon had a good audition for Raptor fans wanting to trade him as well? Or probably they only think this will raise his trade value? I'd like him to stay on for a couple of years unless we can get something really good in a trade or really fill the capspace with something more than really good.
    Amen, Euro.

This is just proof that when everyone else is mis-firing, Jose is a leader enough to pick this team up and carry them.

Quote Beagle wrote: View Post
    DNP but loses the game for the Raptors. Audacious! I think Butler should finish out his career playing for the Washington Generals.
    Hahahah Butler is a talented man.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

calderon belongs on a contender, which is why we should never ever ever ever ever ever let him go. The only knock against him is he wasn't aggressive enough when teams gave him room, if he can consistently make buckets like he did today he's a friggin all-star.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    calderon belongs on a contender, which is why we should never ever ever ever ever ever let him go.
    Precisely. Completely agree.
    After the game, he was asked if this was the best 3 game stretch of his career, and literally without even thinking about it, he replied, "No. If you lose it means nothing."
    Love this guy.

Raptors Republic All-Star Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sick and tired of shoot first point guards losing games for us. If Calderon is concerned about making everyone around him better, how does he score "30 points on 13-18 shooting (4-4 3pt), 6 assists, 2 rebs, 2 to?"

Oh wait...Raptors not called Calderon were 2 for 17 in the first quarter? DeRozan was 2-13, and Barbosa was 4-11? So if either had been shooting career averages JC might have had another 3 assists. ...Well, okay then. I'll let it go this game. But he had better stop scoring so much.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm laughing at the past Kobe and DeMar comparisons. It's truly priceless.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apostis wrote: View Post
    What kind of joke is this?

First the boston game where the player(butler?) was calling out Time out right in front of the refs face when they were tied up, now this bull.

NBA needs a major revamp...
    Boston game...wasnt that Jose on the floor calling the timeout? These guys really should be fined/graded whatever. Wonder if BC kicks up hell behind the scenes. Imagine if that was called on Kobe & the Lakers.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well lets look ahead to the future. Once BC puts together his ultimate team we will be destroying the Lakers all season. This was a glimpse of what we can do. Imagine what we can do when bargs is back, JV comes over, our 2012 draft pick flourishes and DeMar, Ed and JJ improve. I'm getting goose bumps just thinking about it.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    I am sick and tired of shoot first point guards losing games for us. If Calderon is concerned about making everyone around him better, how does he score "30 points on 13-18 shooting (4-4 3pt), 6 assists, 2 rebs, 2 to?"

Oh wait...Raptors not called Calderon were 2 for 17 in the first quarter? DeRozan was 2-13, and Barbosa was 4-11? So if either had been shooting career averages JC might have had another 3 assists. ...Well, okay then. I'll let it go this game. But he had better stop scoring so much.
    uh what?

Thread Information