Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 150

Thread: February 12 - Los Angeles Lakers

  1. #81
    Raptors Republic Starter Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hey Matt, today is February 12th

  2. #82
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    504
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Stern definitely has the face and tone when he speaks of a conniving little rat so I wouldn't be surprised if he's making some cash on the side.

  3. #83
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Prime wrote: View Post
    Hey Matt, today is February 12th
    Ahhh shit. No wonder the milk tasted a little funny this morning.

  4. #84
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The real scandal is that Casey keeps letting Butler handle late-game inbound duties. Didn't he botch one against the Suns (or Utah). If fans are looking for controversy, why not look at that decision?

  5. #85
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    By the way guys...did Gary Forbes sleep with Casey's wife or something? No way he's worse then Bulter and isit he signed on for 2 years? Might as well see what he offers.

  6. #86
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Gorlitzer wrote: View Post
    The real scandal is that Casey keeps letting Butler handle late-game inbound duties. Didn't he botch one against the Suns (or Utah). If fans are looking for controversy, why not look at that decision?
    That is a good point.


    Rasual "LotteryBall" Butler: If you need lottery balls, I'm your man.

  7. #87
    Raptors Republic Rookie big_chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Well alot of the Refs in the NBA are quite good, and don't give in the 'Superstar' calls.

    But when you have guys like Scott Foster, who have been linked Time and time again with illegal gambling, David Stern is a FOOL for not getting rid of this guy a LONG time ago. Unless he's making some cash on the side as well, I just don't understand it.

    The guy is clearly being corrupted on Big Money games, and its disgusting.
    Lakers had to win by 7 in order to cover the point spread. I think it was just plain old bad reffing.

  8. #88
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Calderon certainly had a good audition for Lakers brass:

    30 points on 13-18 shooting (4-4 3pt), 6 assists, 2 rebs, 2 to.

  9. #89
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,771
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote big_chris wrote: View Post
    Lakers had to win by 7 in order to cover the point spread. I think it was just plain old bad reffing.
    Good point, but still, as I posted above, Foster is proven to be a corrupt slime-ball.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

  10. #90
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,918
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Calderon certainly had a good audition for Lakers brass:

    30 points on 13-18 shooting (4-4 3pt), 6 assists, 2 rebs, 2 to.
    Maybe Calderon had a good audition for Raptor fans wanting to trade him as well? Or probably they only think this will raise his trade value? I'd like him to stay on for a couple of years unless we can get something really good in a trade or really fill the capspace with something more than really good.

    I really liked this game, especially Calderon. Only started watching untill about 8 minutes in the second quarter, so in the game I saw we totally outscored the Lakers.

  11. #91
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I want to say "A great tough loss, one step closer to the lottery." but I can not. I wanted this one. I want to get mad at the refs but what is the point?

    Great grit shown by the Raps today, makes me ever so excited to see this play next year when (hopefully) they get the respect they deserve.

  12. #92
    Raptors Republic Rookie Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    DNP but loses the game for the Raptors. Audacious! I think Butler should finish out his career playing for the Washington Generals.

  13. #93
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,771
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Maybe Calderon had a good audition for Raptor fans wanting to trade him as well? Or probably they only think this will raise his trade value? I'd like him to stay on for a couple of years unless we can get something really good in a trade or really fill the capspace with something more than really good.
    Amen, Euro.

    This is just proof that when everyone else is mis-firing, Jose is a leader enough to pick this team up and carry them.

    Quote Beagle wrote: View Post
    DNP but loses the game for the Raptors. Audacious! I think Butler should finish out his career playing for the Washington Generals.
    Hahahah Butler is a talented man.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

  14. #94
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    calderon belongs on a contender, which is why we should never ever ever ever ever ever let him go. The only knock against him is he wasn't aggressive enough when teams gave him room, if he can consistently make buckets like he did today he's a friggin all-star.

  15. #95
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,771
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    calderon belongs on a contender, which is why we should never ever ever ever ever ever let him go.
    Precisely. Completely agree.
    After the game, he was asked if this was the best 3 game stretch of his career, and literally without even thinking about it, he replied, "No. If you lose it means nothing."
    Love this guy.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

  16. #96
    Raptors Republic All-Star Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,349
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I am sick and tired of shoot first point guards losing games for us. If Calderon is concerned about making everyone around him better, how does he score "30 points on 13-18 shooting (4-4 3pt), 6 assists, 2 rebs, 2 to?"

    Oh wait...Raptors not called Calderon were 2 for 17 in the first quarter? DeRozan was 2-13, and Barbosa was 4-11? So if either had been shooting career averages JC might have had another 3 assists. ...Well, okay then. I'll let it go this game. But he had better stop scoring so much.

  17. #97
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,925
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm laughing at the past Kobe and DeMar comparisons. It's truly priceless.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  18. #98
    Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,665
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apostis wrote: View Post
    What kind of joke is this?

    First the boston game where the player(butler?) was calling out Time out right in front of the refs face when they were tied up, now this bull.

    NBA needs a major revamp...
    Boston game...wasnt that Jose on the floor calling the timeout? These guys really should be fined/graded whatever. Wonder if BC kicks up hell behind the scenes. Imagine if that was called on Kobe & the Lakers.

  19. #99
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well lets look ahead to the future. Once BC puts together his ultimate team we will be destroying the Lakers all season. This was a glimpse of what we can do. Imagine what we can do when bargs is back, JV comes over, our 2012 draft pick flourishes and DeMar, Ed and JJ improve. I'm getting goose bumps just thinking about it.

  20. #100
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    504
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    I am sick and tired of shoot first point guards losing games for us. If Calderon is concerned about making everyone around him better, how does he score "30 points on 13-18 shooting (4-4 3pt), 6 assists, 2 rebs, 2 to?"

    Oh wait...Raptors not called Calderon were 2 for 17 in the first quarter? DeRozan was 2-13, and Barbosa was 4-11? So if either had been shooting career averages JC might have had another 3 assists. ...Well, okay then. I'll let it go this game. But he had better stop scoring so much.
    uh what?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •