Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Based on how J.V. has played since the draft...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fanchie wrote: View Post
    I have to disagree. Well, partly at least.

Most young european entering the draft are bench players back home with limited minutes and not necessarily high level experience, so in this case, i do agree that college game is better.

But in JV's case (or Rubio's), the dude is a starter on his team (and has been for quite a while now), has played in the Euroleague, FIBA Euro championships : he's used to play with grown men at a professionnal level. This is priceless : don't forget that most college players won't ever become professionnal, so I think the average level is higher in Europe.

Then there is the style/rules differences, but there are some between college hoops and NBA too.
    To tell you the truth my opion, and that's all it is, is based not not the level of play or basketball IQ which I think the European leages and players have in spades compared to NCAA players, but more so the athletecism of European players face on a day to day basis compared to NCAA players. I mean potential draft picks from college are mostly freshman and sophmores whom have had 2 years at most of being coached by people whom belong in the profession and their highschool coaches whom...well my highschool basketball coaches also coached religion and math. So it's not a question of smarts, but more so of the speed and athletecism. I feel those aspects of the NCAA game are closer to the NBA than play in Europe.

Comment

LOL, oh man that is all kinds of funny!

Comment

Funny how his unibrow grows louder than his stache.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Funny how his unibrow grows louder than his stache.
          Ahhhh yes..... the dirtstache.

Comment

It's very Adam Morrisonesque.

Comment

I think it would be tough ... a bit of a toss up with Drummond and Val imo ... PF's are so common, even very talented ones.
              -Star PGs and Cs are what really get executives randy ... Since Drummond is publicly saying he'll go back to UCONN, i'd say the only competition for top spot (given his summer and season of success, matched with his skills and youth) would be Davis.

Has Davis proven as much as Val? I don't think so really ... playing against lesser competition, as part of an insanely gifted cast.
              Does Davis have a higher ceiling than Val? In some areas of his game yes, but it's apples and oranges ...

He'd probably go #2, but my homer pride has me voting #1
              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Look at how close Davis' hairline is to his Eyebrows!! Thats crazy!!
                Not to mention he doesn't actually have a forehead...

At least Bert has one of those.

I don't think I could actually look at this kid long enough for him to be a Raptor. Haha

Google "Anthony Davis is" and let Google finish the Sentence.

Hint: The last word is not "Good", "Tall" or "Dominating".
                Last edited by Joey; Tue Feb 14, 2012, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Personally I think it would be pretty close race for #1 and Anthony Davis would only edge it out by winning NCAA tourney. With the summer Val had he would of started as the #1 pick this fall. Just the fact he would be the player in the draft with most ball experience And the fact that his Lithuania Big too(most all of them have successed in the league). I think GM would think his the most ready player between the two. 7 footers always get the edge.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Somebody point out an excellent fact in here. Valanciunas slipped a little because teams knew he wasn't going to play this season and in 2012 there would still be a need of a buyout from his former team. With the contract red flag removed and all the hype that's been going around in the last nine months, 5th overall would certainly be the absolute worst case scenario in 2012 for him had he waited.

Comment

Apollo can you please stay on topic...now back to that brow...HOLY SHIT
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                        Apollo can you please stay on topic...now back to that brow...HOLY SHIT
                        HAHAHA
                        This made me laugh.
                        Well played, sir.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          Look at how close Davis' hairline is to his Eyebrows!! Thats crazy!!
                          Not to mention he doesn't actually have a forehead...

At least Bert has one of those.

I don't think I could actually look at this kid long enough for him to be a Raptor. Haha

Google "Anthony Davis is" and let Google finish the Sentence.

Hint: The last word is not "Good", "Tall" or "Dominating".
                          That is mean. True. But mean..... and, yes, I am guilty of laughing.

Comment

Fanchie wrote: View Post
                            I have to disagree. Well, partly at least.

Most young european entering the draft are bench players back home with limited minutes and not necessarily high level experience, so in this case, i do agree that college game is better.

But in JV's case (or Rubio's), the dude is a starter on his team (and has been for quite a while now), has played in the Euroleague, FIBA Euro championships : he's used to play with grown men at a professionnal level. This is priceless : don't forget that most college players won't ever become professionnal, so I think the average level is higher in Europe.

Then there is the style/rules differences, but there are some between college hoops and NBA too.

I do agree that Euro leagues are better than the NCAA. Well most, remember there are different tiers. JV is not in the top tier. I still think it is better than most NCAA competition though. The only thing I think helps NCAA players is that they are playing against 90% of the other people that are going to be in the draft. It kind of gives you a better barometer of how they compare to the rest of the class.

Comment

If Val was in this draft I got to say he'd go #2 over Drummond. Both have enormous potential but with Val's success internationally, I think he'd move ahead of Drummond who is having a so-so freshman season. I think the top 5 would be:

1. Anthony Davis
                              2. J.V
                              3. Harrison Barnes
                              4. Drummond
                              5. MGK

Comment

Anthony Davis has confirmed that he and his unibrow will be entering the draft separately.

Comment

Working...
                                X