Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What never was: Carter for Lin

Via RealGM:

"The Knicks and Raptors discussed a trade of Anthony Carter for Jeremy Lin.

New York was interested in bringing back Carter to bring stability to the point guard position.

“We knew one thing about him after bringing (Lin) in,” said Bryan Colangelo. “We knew he was one tough kid.

“He took one of the hardest hits I’ve ever seen on a court and one of the toughest falls. He got hit from behind, crashed to the floor, eventually got up. We didn’t think he’d get up, to be honest. And he shook it off and continued the workout.

“We were extremely impressed by that.” "

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1mO0MboQR

If only this happened...

if true... BC is stupid for not making it happen.... i mean come on AC is a walking corpse LOL

Comment

You forget that Lin went undrafted, was cut by two teams this season and the only reason D'Antoni opted to play him at all as out of absolute desperation. I'm still not sold on Lin. D'Anotoni's system elevates PG's if they truly have game. If Lin would have landed in Toronto you probably wouldn't be seeing the same output under Casey.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        You forget that Lin went undrafted, was cut by two teams this season and the only reason D'Antoni opted to play him at all as out of absolute desperation. I'm still not sold on Lin. D'Anotoni's system elevates PG's if they truly have game. If Lin would have landed in Toronto you probably wouldn't be seeing the same output under Casey.
        but hed still give us more then AC.. that dude couldnt win a 1on1 against derrick martin..

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
          but hed still give us more then AC.
          Carter has been in the league for 13 season. Lin had been passed on twice by all 30 teams in the draft and then subsequently cut by two of them. How would anyone honestly come to your conclusion prior to these last five games? The Knicks didn't even have a clue. They fell face first into gold.

Credit to Colangelo for seeing something where most other did not.
          Last edited by Apollo; Tue Feb 14, 2012, 04:44 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Carter has been in the league for 13 season. Lin had been passed on twice by 30 teams and then subsequently cut by two of them. How would anyone honestly come to your conclusion prior to these last five games? The Knicks didn't even have a clue. They fell face first into gold.
            What is lost on all of this is Lin was about to be released for a third time this season before the miracle on hardwood happened.

Comment

...and give up the rim rattler that is AC.... Pass.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                What is lost on all of this is Lin was about to be released for a third time this season before the miracle on hardwood happened.
                Yeah and who knows how long it lasts. It may not have happened at all under another coach in another system. Now that it has happened, if they keep giving him big minutes and upwards of 15-20 shots per game he's going to play himself into a contract that he's potentially not going to be worth elsewhere. I hope that elsewhere is not Toronto. I hope we've learned enough from the $25M contract the Raptors gave a street baller after one good season.

Comment

Scouting report is out now. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Casey has in store for Lin. Raps also had a days practice to implement some stops. And I'm not sold on Lin yet either.
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Carter has been in the league for 13 season. Lin had been passed on twice by all 30 teams in the draft and then subsequently cut by two of them. How would anyone honestly come to your conclusion prior to these last five games? The Knicks didn't even have a clue. They fell face first into gold.

Credit to Colangelo for seeing something where most other did not.
                    Exactly.

Also, AC is a great locker room presence. He wasn't meant to play a lot of minutes, but Bayless' injury pressed him into work. I get why BC didn't trade him.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

People act like Lin is the second coming of Rubio or something. Don't get me wrong, he's obviously a good player, but he's more of a scorer than anything. Look at his turnovers. It'll be interesting to see how he works with Melo back.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        People act like Lin is the second coming of Rubio or something. Don't get me wrong, he's obviously a good player, but he's more of a scorer than anything. Look at his turnovers. It'll be interesting to see how he works with Melo back.
                        That is what has been glaring at me the last week. Of course, it is still a great story, though.

It will also be interesting to see how he performs when teams start scouting him. I doubt few video sessions were spent on Lin prior to this past week. (*EDIT* Whoops, Employee beat me to a similar thought).

Comment

i think whats also being missed is AC is garbage... i know hes a 3rd PG but when your 2nd pg is inconsistant & injured, someone needs to play minutes.. AC cant cut it, its pretty obvious hes a rec. league PG at best... if jose is to keep playing at this level all season & not get rest his hammy will be good as done very soon.... then we'll really be screwed

but i guess if the idea is to tank this season.. it def. helps the cause to keep AC
                          Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Tue Feb 14, 2012, 05:30 PM.

Comment

He wasn't brought to Toronto with the intention to play many minutes, that's just not the reason he was signed. Answer me this, how many teams in the league are carrying third string PG's who can make a real positive impact on the game? I think it's easy to point the finger now in hindsight but I don't remember hearing you praising Lin prior to this five game stretch.

Comment

AC is here for vet leadership. But wtf does he do? i've never seen him scream in bayless's ear for making a stupid play or pass. Vet leadership my ass

Comment

Working...
                              X