What never was: Carter for Lin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    AC is here for vet leadership. But wtf does he do? i've never seen him scream in bayless's ear for making a stupid play or pass. Vet leadership my ass
    You don't last 13 years in the NBA on average talent without being a role model of professionalism. One can provide leadership by example and sharing insights of past experience in the league without screaming in anyone's ear for a mistake.

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
      ...and give up the rim rattler that is AC.... Pass.
      you know it.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        You don't last 13 years in the NBA on average talent without being a role model of professionalism. One can provide leadership by example and sharing insights of past experience in the league without screaming in anyone's ear for a mistake.
        well when i think veteran leadership. I think of charles oakley beating the crap out of vince carter for being a dumbass. But thats just me

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          well when i think veteran leadership. I think of charles oakley beating the crap out of vince carter for being a dumbass. But thats just me
          Fair enough. I think it is fair to say there are different styles of veteran leadership.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Yeah and who knows how long it lasts. It may not have happened at all under another coach in another system. Now that it has happened, if they keep giving him big minutes and upwards of 15-20 shots per game he's going to play himself into a contract that he's potentially not going to be worth elsewhere. I hope that elsewhere is not Toronto. I hope we've learned enough from the $25M contract the Raptors gave a street baller after one good season.
            Yes, cause with the pipeline of terrific young talent this team has in Valanciunas and, um, the other guy who, well, you know, some dude somewhere they haven't drafted yet, they better not go signing a young PG that can score and make plays. That would be horrible. He might even take the ball out of Derozan's hands and then all of Demar's unique playmaking abilities would be lost.

Maybe Raymond Felton will be available. He's having an awful year and is in danger of being benched so that Jamal Crawford can run the point. That sounds like a potential Colangelo move. Or maybe with the GM's keen eye for talent he can land another Roko Ukic or Wil Solomon. Gotta give Colangelo credit, he sees stuff no one else sees.

EDIT: Not real sure why all the "I'm not sold on Lin yet" stuff. It's almost like people are hoping he fails. I do get that it can be tough though when some guy who was undrafted and has been cut twice has shown more promise in 5 games than the two lottery picks on the Raps have shown in their combined 5 seasons of ball.
            Last edited by slaw; Tue Feb 14, 2012, 07:31 PM.

Comment

He wasn't brought to Toronto with the intention to play many minutes, that's just not the reason he was signed. Answer me this, how many teams in the league are carrying third string PG's who can make a real positive impact on the game? I think it's easy to point the finger now in hindsight but I don't remember hearing you praising Lin prior to this five game stretch.
              its not even about who praised Lin.. its not even like i think Lin will keep this up... its about whos the better player & Lin is better then AC no doubt.. AC might have had a 13 year NBA career but how many of those years were spent being 3rd string??? quite a bit i think...

by the way...what impact has AC had in the last 5-6 seasons???? None!

Comment

Yeah, now it's clear Lin is better than Carter but again, where were you five Knicks games ago? I don't think you're being fair here and I've presented why.

Comment

Er...excuse me...why is everyone considering Steve Simmons to be a good source? He probably discussed this with his step brother Vecsey in NY.

Lin is like scores of NBA ballers. They all have talent. Sometimes stars align. Then opposing coaches and players go..wtf,,,,and design schemes to stop the new pest on the block. Lin can only be truly assessed when he has gone thru the wars for about half a season. Until then good luck to him.

btw...I dont like the Knicks (full disclosure). They used to try to buy teams....because they could...like the Yankees.

Comment

nobody, literally nobody as in zero or less than one executive saw what lin was. to give shit to any of them for not jumping on him is retarded. feel good for the new rudy. we missed a chance but that is no ones fault and new yorks lucky gain. if im new york and lin continues this pace the rest of the season. i trade carmello to completely stack the team around lin and amare.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                      its not even about who praised Lin.. its not even like i think Lin will keep this up... its about whos the better player & Lin is better then AC no doubt.. AC might have had a 13 year NBA career but how many of those years were spent being 3rd string??? quite a bit i think...

by the way...what impact has AC had in the last 5-6 seasons???? None!

in hindsight the people of pompei were stupid. it wasnt a question about who saw that the volcano was coming just that the volcano is a better player than man.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        in hindsight the people of pompei were stupid. it wasnt a question about who saw that the volcano was coming just that the volcano is a better player than man.
                        anyone living next to a active volcano are stupid... damn things going to blow eventually right...LOL anyways my only real point was that anything is better than AC & it just so happens Lin has been playing well... i would have done the trade even before Lin went on a tear... with bayless out we need someone who can eat up more minutes than AC can..

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                          anyone living next to a active volcano are stupid... damn things going to blow eventually right...LOL anyways my only real point was that anything is better than AC & it just so happens Lin has been playing well... i would have done the trade even before Lin went on a tear... with bayless out we need someone who can eat up more minutes than AC can..
                          Did you consider NY pulled the plug on the idea?

Comment

Another factor in Lin's emergence has been D'Antoni's belief in him. Sources say that Lin was outplaying hampered Baron Davis badly in practice and that that helped him earn D'Antoni's trust. And with Douglas and Shumpert struggling mightily and Davis' sore back killing him, D'Antoni had no other options but to give Lin the opportunity to play through his mistakes.
                            Source: ESPN.com

Comment

Carter has been in the league for 13 season. Lin had been passed on twice by all 30 teams in the draft and then subsequently cut by two of them. How would anyone honestly come to your conclusion prior to these last five games? The Knicks didn't even have a clue. They fell face first into gold.

Credit to Colangelo for seeing something where most other did not.
                              Why would we credit Colangelo? He didn't make the move so whatever he might have thought shouldn't necessarily
                              deserve accolades.

The Knicks might not have had a clue but the facts are they signed him and he's playing on their team. The coach had the foresight to play him and the rest has been history. Wouldn't it still make sense logically to give the credit to the team that actually has the player on their roster?

The question I would ask is why is Carter on our roster instead of BC taking a flyer on another young back-up 1?

He's taken flyers on Bayless, J Wright, Ajincia, Alabi, J. Johnson, etc yet we are still trotting out an over-the-hill veteran point guard. I welcome veterans on this Raps team but the Carters, Butlers, and Magloires of this league are bottom of the barrel imo.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                                Why would we credit Colangelo? He didn't make the move so whatever he might have thought shouldn't necessarily
                                deserve accolades.

The Knicks might not have had a clue but the facts are they signed him and he's playing on their team. The coach had the foresight to play him and the rest has been history. Wouldn't it still make sense logically to give the credit to the team that actually has the player on their roster?

The question I would ask is why is Carter on our roster instead of BC taking a flyer on another young back-up 1?

He's taken flyers on Bayless, J Wright, Ajincia, Alabi, J. Johnson, etc yet we are still trotting out an over-the-hill veteran point guard. I welcome veterans on this Raps team but the Carters, Butlers, and Magloires of this league are bottom of the barrel imo.
                                Re the Carter hire....I understand Casey and he have a good relationship and have been together before. It may have been a favor to Casey seeing the team he was saddling him with!

Comment

Working...
                                X