Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: February 14th: Knicks at Raptors

Post Thanks / Like

Default February 14th: Knicks at Raptors

AKA Jeremy Lin comes to town.

Who else is jacked for this game?

Post Thanks / Like

Going to the game. Should be a fun one. I'm sure the Asian community will come out in full force to catch a glimpse of Linsanity.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally would, I always liked this kid, finally he gets some recognition.

Post Thanks / Like

So pumped. Should be a fun PG battle to watch. Definitely wish we'd gotten Lin instead of AC, but knowing he wouldn't have had much of an opportunity here, I'm happy for the guy that he's getting a chance in NY.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonder how many book deals he has received and whether or not he has signed off on the movie to be made from the book. Guy probably had an unlisted number till last Wednesday.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TSN3 wrote: View Post
    So pumped. Should be a fun PG battle to watch. Definitely wish we'd gotten Lin instead of AC, but knowing he wouldn't have had much of an opportunity here, I'm happy for the guy that he's getting a chance in NY.
    Dont know why he wouldnt have gotten a chance here...if he was...so thats a moot point. The facts are that 2 teams let him go and if NY did not have the injuries they had to their pgs (Douglas & Davis) and Shumpert who is really a sg could not handle the job and Billups had not been amnestied Lin would probably have been on another bench somewhere. He literally fell into DAntoni's lap because they had run out of options....and then lightning struck. Wait till Melo comes back and screws up the chemistry or Lin decides to take too many shots!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Dont know why he wouldnt have gotten a chance here...if he was...so thats a moot point. The facts are that 2 teams let him go and if NY did not have the injuries they had to their pgs (Douglas & Davis) and Shumpert who is really a sg could not handle the job and Billups had not been amnestied Lin would probably have been on another bench somewhere. He literally fell into DAntoni's lap because they had run out of options....and then lightning struck. Wait till Melo comes back and screws up the chemistry or Lin decides to take too many shots!!
    He would've been behind Calderon and Bayless at point and Derozan and Barbosa at shooting guard. He'd be in the Gary Forbes role at best, which isn't really much of a shot. The dominoes that had to fall in New York for him to get his chance don't really matter. All that matters is that he's getting that chance now, and sure Melo's return will probably alter his role, but I'd rather just enjoy the show then worry about what's going to happen when it's over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    Going to the game. Should be a fun one. I'm sure the Asian community will come out in full force to catch a glimpse of Linsanity.
    Damn I'm so jealous.

Well whatever, I'm expecting pictures!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like Lin might have had an opportunity here what with Bayless getting injured and Carter being a zillion years old. Oh well, every team in the league is saying what if.. at this point (GSW and Houston in particular) - It's a shame, but maybe if our cap situation holds we can make a run at him if he pans out. Lord knows NY cant pay him with 2 max players, an expensive chandler and a bunch of rookies they need to extend so that NY doesn't immediately explode if any one of their big three goes down again.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hope that both Amare and Carmelo comes back for this game. This way, we have a chance to win at home.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    I really hope that both Amare and Carmelo comes back for this game. This way, we have a chance to win at home.
    If Stoudemire comes back, better hope Anthony comes back as well; Lin and Stoudemire might work very well together.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    If Stoudemire comes back, better hope Anthony comes back as well; Lin and Stoudemire might work very well together.
    ESPN reporting that Stoudemire is going to play!
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    ESPN reporting that Stoudemire is going to play!

Drat, foiled again. How good would it feel to steal two from the knicks this year...

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Lin continues his current play, I'm pretty sure the Knicks do everything in their power to keep him.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

It'll be interesting to see how he does with Carmelo back.

Raptors Republic Starter Fanchie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing is, Lin is the kind of player that fits D'Antoni's system, and therefore whose stats are greatly enhanced. Just like Diaw when he was in Phoenix and won MIP (different position, but same kind of "if you fit in my system, your stats are gonna look damn good" result).

I'm not sure Lin would have been that productive anywhere else, or should i say under any other coach. And especially not under a defensive mastermind like Casey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fanchie wrote: View Post
    The thing is, Lin is the kind of player that fits D'Antoni's system, and therefore whose stats are greatly enhanced. Just like Diaw when he was in Phoenix and won MIP (different position, but same kind of "if you fit in my system, your stats are gonna look damn good" result).

I'm not sure Lin would have been that productive anywhere else, or should i say under any other coach. And especially not under a defensive mastermind like Casey.
    I agree to an extent, but even in a D'Antoni system, a player isn't going to put up good numbers unless he's actually skilled enough to do so. Seeing Iman Shumpert's numbers tells us that D'Antoni's system doesn't make every player good. Instead, it makes good players better.

If we hypothetically replaced Lin with Bayless, I doubt Bayless would have the same level of success in New York.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I agree to an extent, but even in a D'Antoni system, a player isn't going to put up good numbers unless he's actually skilled enough to do so. Seeing Iman Shumpert's numbers tells us that D'Antoni's system doesn't make every player good. Instead, it makes good players better.

If we hypothetically replaced Lin with Bayless, I doubt Bayless would have the same level of success in New York.
    Iman Shumpert actually put up excellent numbers early on in D'Antoni's system, but he's a rookie and he came back to earth pretty quickly. Jury is still out on Lin. He may also regress to the expected mean for an undrafted rookie. He certainly looks awesome right now, though.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    ...makes good players better.
    Anyone playing in the NBA is 'Good' at Basketball.

I actually jokingly made the point about Bayless playing for D'Antoni in another thread.
    I really do think that if you put any PG in a D'Antoni system, he will over-perform.
    And this has actually been evidenced a few times by Duhon and Felton.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jimmie wrote: View Post
    Iman Shumpert actually put up excellent numbers early on in D'Antoni's system, but he's a rookie and he came back to earth pretty quickly. Jury is still out on Lin. He may also regress to the expected mean for an undrafted rookie. He certainly looks awesome right now, though.
    Shumpert put up 'decent' numbers earlier this season, but nothing remotely close to what we've seen from Lin over the past week.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information