Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ESPN's Future Power Rankings : Raps 26th

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    Really?? I thought they had at least $24mil
    They have about $47M tied up in 10 players.

$11M in cap space.

Remove Jose, $21.5M.

Post Thanks / Like

Really?? I thought they had at least $24mil
    The only way they would have close to that much space would be if they amnestied Calderon:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm

*Missing from that page is Forbes' contract.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    The only way they would have close to that much space would be if they amnestied Calderon:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm

*Missing from that page is Forbes' contract.
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap..._2012_Cap_Room

I know he said "could have as much" but I think he is going towards that number.

Raptors Republic Starter Deadallus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think its spot on. Cap space or not, who wants to come here to play when we have to dodge polar bears on the roads and wear parkas in the middle of the summer. That's what happens when you cross that imaginary boarder into Canada right?
    Deadallus

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Deadallus wrote: View Post
    I think its spot on. Cap space or not, who wants to come here to play when we have to dodge polar bears on the roads and wear parkas in the middle of the summer. That's what happens when you cross that imaginary boarder into Canada right?
    Jennings has already expressed love for Toronto, maybe the Raptors can try to acquire him.

Post Thanks / Like

For Jose's price tag they might be able to sign two solid PGs. That said, the safe bet might be to spend the money on a guy like Kirk Hinrich to place in a timeshare with Jose and then burn the rest on an up and comer like Batum. Whether the Raptors draft a 2 or 3, Batum can start in the other slot. Hinrich has the defensive ability Jose lacks so if they need D then send in Hinrich to close out the game, if they need shooting and play making they send in Jose. That's one of many ideas. D.J Augustin is another guy who could work in a timeshare with Joe but he will cost more than Hinrich.

Post Thanks / Like

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap..._2012_Cap_Room

I know he said "could have as much" but I think he is going towards that number.
    But he is not counting the $1.5M contract Forbes was since given and he is assuming Jose is traded or amnestied.

Also, JV will have a starting salary of very close to $3M and we can assume the 2012 pick will as well.

Calderon, Bargnani, DD, ED, Amir, JJ, Kleiza, Forbes, JV, 2012 pick = $47M

Post Thanks / Like

If they decide to ride it out with Calderon then the only other big contract on the team is Bargnani's and he's safe. They could elect to amnesty a guy like Kleiza, who might free up enough to put the Raptors in play for their guy(s), while also not requiring a huge sell to the board. Kleiza has no doubt played well for them this season though. He doesn't deserve to be dumped this is a business and I'm sure he wouldn't be too broken up about the potential to possibly walk away early from the job while keeping all the money.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

gerald wallace, lets sign this guy for next season. averages around 38 mins a game, is a veteran, good defender, and slasher all rolled into one. do you guys think he can play the shooting guard position with derozan coming off the bench?

all that's left is to sign a veteran centre who can play while valanciunas adjusts...........chris kaman, can't think of anyone else realistically coming here.............

Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    gerald wallace, lets sign this guy for next season. averages around 38 mins a game, is a veteran, good defender, and slasher all rolled into one. do you guys think he can play the shooting guard position with derozan coming off the bench?

all that's left is to sign a veteran centre who can play while valanciunas adjusts...........chris kaman, can't think of anyone else realistically coming here.............
    Colangelo made inquiries a year or so ago about aquiring Gerald Wallace. Wallace let it be known that he would not be happy if he ended up in Toronto. He ended up in Portland instead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    If they decide to ride it out with Calderon then the only other big contract on the team is Bargnani's and he's safe. They could elect to amnesty a guy like Kleiza, who might free up enough to put the Raptors in play for their guy(s), while also not requiring a huge sell to the board. Kleiza has no doubt played well for them this season though. He doesn't deserve to be dumped this is a business and I'm sure he wouldn't be too broken up about the potential to possibly walk away early from the job while keeping all the money.
    I really like Kleiza. I would amnesty Jose before Kleiza given age and contract.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information