DeMar was talking trash and Dime Mag was taking notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeMar was talking trash and Dime Mag was taking notes

I sat down with DeMar before the Knicks/Raptors game on Friday to discuss the dunk contest among other things…

Dime: How excited are you for the Dunk-In?
    DeMar DeRozan: I’m very excited. It’s just an honor to be out there representing my teammates. It should be fun.

Dime: What do you know about Eric Gordon as a dunker?
    DD: He’s not a dunker, I know he’s a three-point shooter (laughs). But, you know, I’ve seen him do some stuff, he can get up. He’s athletic, I’m not going to underestimate him at all. I know he can get up and do a couple of things, so it should be interesting.

Dime: Do you already have some tricks up your sleeve?
    DD: Yeah, I always have some tricks up my sleeve when it comes down to a dunk contest. But I can’t tell y’all what it’s going to be, you’re just going to have to wait.

Dime:When was the last time you competed in a dunk contest?
    DD: The McDonald’s contest in high school (he won the McDonald’s All-American dunk contest in 2008).

Dime: Did you watch a lot of dunk contests growing up?
    DD: Yeah, I watched the NBA one every year. I was always interested in dunk contests. You know, it’s entertaining. It’s fun to watch players do a lot of stuff that they maybe wouldn’t do in a game, so it’s very interesting.

Dime: Give me your top three dunks of all time in an NBA Slam Dunk Contest.
    DD: My top three? Vince Carter dunk in 2000. The 360 windmill. I’d also have to say Jordan, when he came up and under with one hand (DeMar imitates the dunk that is on the 1:46 mark of this video). Then the year Jason Richardson won it, where he went between his legs.

Dime: You’ve been in the league a couple of months now. Who is the best player you’ve faced so far?
    DD: So far? I’d say Dwyane Wade…by far.

Dime: How do you think you’re season is going so far?
    DD: The season is going great. I’m still learning, still getting better every day and that’s what I’m looking for.

Dime: How are you liking Canada?
    DD: You know I love it. I hate the weather though, it’s too cold. It’s way different from back home in L.A. I love the city. There’s not too much difference. It’s more diverse, I’d have to say that about Toronto. Since it’s international, I do a lot of Skyping and iChat to people back home, so I’m glad we have technology. Other than that it’s the same.

Dime: Who is the best player from L.A. that’s not in the league right now but should be?
    DD: I’d say Jeff Trepagnier. He went to USC. He got in the league but didn’t stay long. But I think he should be in the League.

Dime: When you were in high school, did you play a lot of pickup with NBA guys?
    DD: LeBron and Kobe, going to their camps and everything. Paul Pierce also. When I was younger, I used to go to Tayshaun Prince’s house a lot and play in his backyard.
    DimeMag.com

Funny how every single player complains about the cold. lol

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
      Funny how every single player complains about the cold. lol
      That is only because Toronto is on the western side of the lake as opposed to Buffalo which is on the eastern side where everyone complains about everything including the cold and the snow, except for the food
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Cold??? The only time they feel the cold is when they walk/run from the hotel to the bus or limo to get somewhere. Pooh boys. He (and others) could just as well be in Minnesota or Detroit or Milwaukee etc. Bet you if the same question were posed if he were there, the answer would be the same so I dont think there's anything personal. I think the bigger slam is probably the immigration-customs hassles they have to go through.

Comment

All these NBA cats are too soft, TO weather is like Miami compared to Edmonton (maybe not that different). Still I live in Ottawa now and its much colder than TO but its not Edmonton cold.

Comment

Demar played ball in Tayshauns backyard?
            "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

Working...
            X