Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought it was blame Lebron, not blame Jose!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought it was blame Lebron, not blame Jose!

So Jose plays Lin for the drive.

He overplayed him slightly to his left at the end of a game that does not need a 3 to win vs. a guy who had hit all of 5 three pointers in his short career up to that point. Seems like smart coaching and playing to me. Lin is shooting 25% on the season from 3 (after going 2 for 2 last night) has been playing an aggressive attacking game since getting minutes, what would you do as a coach or player? I sure as hell would not ask my guy to grill him and get blown by, I would have him sit back a bit and try to steer him where he may be less comfortable, just what Jose did, given his high turnovers I may have ran a double team at him once the clock got real short, but Jose played him as well as could be expected.

I really get sick and tired of "fans" always knowing better than the players and coaches who get millions to do what they do, if it is that easy, go get yourself a coaching job and do what they do.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Completely agree, it was the smarter decision from my perspective. Its just unfortunate that it did not work.

Comment

Totally agree, Lin made a great shot. They only needed a foul shot to win, so Jose gave him the low percentage shot. Jose played a great game!

Comment

Shouldn't have had Jose on him but w/e
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

To be honest, in my opinion, Lin was only the short-term reason why the Knicks won. I think that the long-term reason why they won was because of Mike D'Antoni's good coaching. Yes, for once in this season, I'm praising Mike D'Antoni. Putting Walker on Calderon on the defensive end in the 4th quarter was a good call on D'Antoni's part. Walker's a much better defender than Lin and Walker just bother Jose on the offensive end. So if Lin guarded Calderon all throughout the game, I feel pretty confident in saying that the Raptors would have won. But you know, it's not Calderon's fault. He played really well. I'd say that we lost cuz D'Antoni made a good decision and it ended up in their favor. Good game though!

Comment

We have to remind ourselves that the Knicks didn't call timeout before the final play. Therefore, Casey didn't have an opportunity to make any defensive substitutions (there were some who suggested JJ should've guarded Lin).

Comment

Completely agree. I was explaining why Calderon did the right thing to some of my co-workers this morning. Of course, I also noted that there are players that could have better defended Lin in that situation, but Calderon did exactly what Calderon should have done on that play. Besides, that play is hardly the reason that the Knicks won. Their win started 12 minutes before that.

Comment

I disagree. When you look at the clock at the other end and see 4 seconds left and the guy is 26 feet from the hoop, with a standing dribble not in a hunched over attack minded stance, you have to know a pull up J is coming. I was yelling from my couch to get up on him, I could see it coming. He should have too.
                Deadallus

Comment

Deadallus wrote: View Post
                  I disagree. When you look at the clock at the other end and see 4 seconds left and the guy is 26 feet from the hoop, with a standing dribble not in a hunched over attack minded stance, you have to know a pull up J is coming. I was yelling from my couch to get up on him, I could see it coming. He should have too.
                  So Jose gets up on him with 4 seconds left (an eternity) and gives up the blow by?
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                    ...I really get sick and tired of "fans" always knowing better than the players and coaches who get millions to do what they do, if it is that easy, go get yourself a coaching job and do what they do.
                    100 per freaking cent +1

Comment

So Jose gets up on him with 4 seconds left (an eternity) and gives up the blow by?
                      So true. I'm sure most pgs in the NBA can go from baseline to baseline in 4 seconds.

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
                        So true. I'm sure most pgs in the NBA can go from baseline to baseline in 4 seconds.
                        Exactly, just look at what Barbosa did at the end of the first last night against the Spurs.

Comment

you can't be mad at jose, the game ended exactly how stern wanted it to finish
                          "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

So you prefer to let a guy who is feeling it, and carrying his team on his back, to take a weakly contested jumper. Why not force him to drive an kick? He had 8 turnovers that night, plus the rest of his team was shooting 40% for the night.
                            Last edited by Deadallus; Thu Feb 16, 2012, 10:09 PM.
                            Deadallus

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                              Shouldn't have had Jose on him but w/e
                              rasual butler should have been on him

Comment

Working...
                              X