Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If Bosh returns, should we accept?

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default If Bosh returns, should we accept?

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miam...land-cavaliers

Apparently, James wouldnt rule out a return to Cleveland at some point in his career. I dont think the fans will be as receptive initially, but i think they'll come around. I mean how can you not forgive a guy who will give you at least 25pts, 7rebs, 7 asts a night?

If Bosh expresses a desire to return when his contract is up with the Heat, should the Raps make room for him and will the fans accept him? Of course all things considered.... (health, will he be a fit, etc etc.)

I think i would. Him and JV together and Bargnani as a 3rd big will be awesome.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

nope.

Raptors Republic All-Star Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    nope.
    agree

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

come guys, dont let your emotions get the better of you. hehehe

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

by the time his contract is over he'd be on the tail end of a raptors fast break. No thx

Post Thanks / Like

There will be no room for him and they won't need him anymore.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bosh will be 32 when his contract expires in 2016. He'll be entering his 14th season. Even if he never played in Toronto, why would we want him? He'll barely be able to walk by then.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If he was willing to come off the bench for the bi-annual exception, sure. Actually, lets be realistic, we can give him the mid-level exception.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If he was willing to come off the bench for the bi-annual exception, sure. Actually, lets be realistic, we can give him the mid-level exception.
    I thought the bi-annual exception was pretty realistic.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I honestly believe he is not a top five power forward anymore and most of the city hates him.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Rookie WestsideRidah's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This reminds me of all the times I heard the same question regarding VC. I wouldn't want him back he will be past his prime and not worth the money I'm sure he thinks he will deserve. Plus hopefully we are still in the middle of our Eurocentric domination of the NBA at that point and time (a guy can dream can't he)

Post Thanks / Like

ask me in two years.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but only if we lose as much to get him as we received when we gave him up...maybe a little less. He will be older, slower, and not needed, but I would much rather have him as a vet then someone like Rasual Butler, especially if he has some championship experience by that time.
    Last edited by Red and White; Thu Feb 16th, 2012 at 09:14 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Miami does not have a lot of time left. If they don't win it this year they will find it very difficult to do that in the future. Wade is old and is one serious injury away from mediocrity. Bosh is easily the movable asset in the team. They should send him to rot in a team like Charlotte or Detroit.

Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrrrrgh.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends:

A) how and when do we get him?! is it through trade? don't want. Is it through free agency when he is 32?! he will probably be half the player he is today. Will he give the Raptors a good discount?!

B)What will the Raptors situation be by then?! hopefully if they become a strong contender to go deep in the playoffs (heh) then a Vet like Bosh coming off the bench will be in handy just like Antonio Davis was when he was with the Raptors when they went for a playoff run (even though Davis was a starter, he really should have been coming off the bench but the Raptors did not have a quality starters but they did have quality backups bigs like Kevin Willis and Charles Oakley).

C) Will Bosh appologise for playing with the fans emotions in the last month before he bolted?! I think an appology is needed because the team and the fans invested alot of time in him and for him to lie to the fans for a whole year about his true intentions and at the last moment force a trade for lousy TPE really set back this franchise by a good 3-4 years.

After thinking it over because of part C) I changed my mind, fvck that guy!
    Last edited by Hotshot; Thu Feb 16th, 2012 at 10:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Even if he was a free agent this offseason, I still wouldn't want him back in Toronto. In Miami, he's effective as the third option behind two stars that can keep his ego in check. As a free agent, he would demand a max contract and want to be 'the man' in Toronto again. My feelings about Bosh haven't changed since the summer prior to his last year in Toronto - he is not a legit 1st scoring option and is not worth a max contract. Regardless whether he had ever played for Raptors or not, I would be hoping for BC to pass on offering a complementary player a max contract, which he's bound to get from some team.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Bosh's play in Miami has pretty much cemented his status as a role player. I'd be very surprised if someone were to offer him max. But I can see him netting Marc Gasol/Nene type money.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think Bosh will come back to Toronto, but if I was the Pat Riley of the Miami heat, I would be actively trying to do a Chris BOsh + 1st round for Dwight Howard deal with Orlando. If that happens, forget it, the Heat are stacked... I think that is a good deal for Orlando too, in terms of return for D.howard.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
    I dont think Bosh will come back to Toronto, but if I was the Pat Riley of the Miami heat, I would be actively trying to do a Chris BOsh + 1st round for Dwight Howard deal with Orlando. If that happens, forget it, the Heat are stacked... I think that is a good deal for Orlando too, in terms of return for D.howard.
    Orlando and Miami are in the same division. You don't try and make your direct competition better. That trade would never happen.

Thread Information