If Bosh returns, should we accept?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends:

A) how and when do we get him?! is it through trade? don't want. Is it through free agency when he is 32?! he will probably be half the player he is today. Will he give the Raptors a good discount?!

B)What will the Raptors situation be by then?! hopefully if they become a strong contender to go deep in the playoffs (heh) then a Vet like Bosh coming off the bench will be in handy just like Antonio Davis was when he was with the Raptors when they went for a playoff run (even though Davis was a starter, he really should have been coming off the bench but the Raptors did not have a quality starters but they did have quality backups bigs like Kevin Willis and Charles Oakley).

C) Will Bosh appologise for playing with the fans emotions in the last month before he bolted?! I think an appology is needed because the team and the fans invested alot of time in him and for him to lie to the fans for a whole year about his true intentions and at the last moment force a trade for lousy TPE really set back this franchise by a good 3-4 years.

After thinking it over because of part C) I changed my mind, fvck that guy!
    Last edited by Hotshot; Thu Feb 16, 2012, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Even if he was a free agent this offseason, I still wouldn't want him back in Toronto. In Miami, he's effective as the third option behind two stars that can keep his ego in check. As a free agent, he would demand a max contract and want to be 'the man' in Toronto again. My feelings about Bosh haven't changed since the summer prior to his last year in Toronto - he is not a legit 1st scoring option and is not worth a max contract. Regardless whether he had ever played for Raptors or not, I would be hoping for BC to pass on offering a complementary player a max contract, which he's bound to get from some team.

Comment

I think Bosh's play in Miami has pretty much cemented his status as a role player. I'd be very surprised if someone were to offer him max. But I can see him netting Marc Gasol/Nene type money.

Comment

I dont think Bosh will come back to Toronto, but if I was the Pat Riley of the Miami heat, I would be actively trying to do a Chris BOsh + 1st round for Dwight Howard deal with Orlando. If that happens, forget it, the Heat are stacked... I think that is a good deal for Orlando too, in terms of return for D.howard.
          "Defense wins championships."

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
            I dont think Bosh will come back to Toronto, but if I was the Pat Riley of the Miami heat, I would be actively trying to do a Chris BOsh + 1st round for Dwight Howard deal with Orlando. If that happens, forget it, the Heat are stacked... I think that is a good deal for Orlando too, in terms of return for D.howard.
            Orlando and Miami are in the same division. You don't try and make your direct competition better. That trade would never happen.

Comment

It's probably wiser to trade Wade to Orlando, instead of Bosh (especially considering Wade's relative age). Plus, there's redundancy with Wade and LeBron playing together.

But a LeBron/Bosh/Howard front court is as balanced as you'll ever see.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                It's probably wiser to trade Wade to Orlando, instead of Bosh (especially considering Wade's relative age). Plus, there's redundancy with Wade and LeBron playing together.

But a LeBron/Bosh/Howard front court is as balanced as you'll ever see.
                And hope the Raps amnesty Calderon, then pick him up for cheap then get AI.

Calderon/AI/Lebron/Bosh/Howard. Holy yikes.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7gth2ps SICK!!
                Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Fri Feb 17, 2012, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Nobody wants Iverson right now. I figured the Heat would but nobody is calling. His ego and bank book have been pummeled to the point where this 26PPG career scorer is considering playing D-league in hopes to sign on with an NBA team later... Following in the footsteps of Jeremy Lin. ()

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                    Apparently, James wouldnt rule out a return to Cleveland at some point in his career. I dont think the fans will be as receptive initially, but i think they'll come around. I mean how can you not forgive a guy who will give you at least 25pts, 7rebs, 7 asts a night?
                    James is a narcissist and he only said that because he wants to be loved.

Comment

Put it this way, I'd rather get Vince Carter back.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

If he's gonna come here on a reasonable contract and accept his role as a mentor and probably the first big off of the bench, I'd gladly accept him back here.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          nope.
                          +1
                          "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

At age 32 Bosh might be looking for one last good contract.

Comment

i had andrea over chris any day

Comment

i'd have*

Comment

Working...
                                X