Hypothetically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    If they draft Davis I think Bargnani is most likely on the way out.
    A 3-man rotation of Bargnani, Davis, and Valanciunas would give the Raptors a big man rotation capable of winning a championship. I wouldn't trade any of them.

Comment

If we made the trade with the Hornets, think about our team if we draft Barnes (my preference because he has elite scoring ability) or MKG with the lower pick ,and then maybe pick Kabongo with the later pick. Yes we would be taking him a bit early, but if you read up on what Nash thinks of him I think he is worth the pick. Calderon can groom him till he is ready.

Jonas/????FA/Amir
      Bargs /Amir/Ed Davis
      Barnes or MKG/J.J./Kleiza
      DeMar/????FA/Forbes
      Calderon/Kabongo/???FA

That's a pretty sweet line up! We would have tons of money to sign good back-up for the SG and C positions. Maybe re-sign Barbosa, and sign Jason Thompson. Use the mid Level on Dragic. That's a pretty sweet, deep team.

Jonas/Thompson/Amir
      Bargs/Amir/Ed Davis
      Barnes/J.J./Kleiza
      DeMar/Barbosa/Forbes
      Calderon/Dragic/Kabongo (let him learn from these guys)

After next year Calderon would be off the books and we could have Kabongo and Dragic as a tandem. We would have another rookie, and then cap room to sign a player.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
        Meh, different draft sites have very different order after the top three. NBADraft has Lamb at 5 and DraftExpress has him going at 12. Still, assuming the order you gave is right, I think this team picks either Robinson or Sullinger. Maybe Jones if his head is on right. I think the order will change somewhat before the draft, guys like Kendall Marshall and Lamb may rise.
        You think the Toronto Raptors, with Bargnani, Ed Davis and Amir Johnson - and desperate need of depth at SF and Guard spots will draft a PF? IF they got the #1 pick, they'd have to think hard about what to do with it, but beyond that I'd say there is no way the Raps go with a PF in the lottery.

To answer the thread question, turning the #1 into 2 high lottery picks sounds like a tasty idea ... but other GMs know that there are many quality pieces up top, and a team like NO needs lots of pieces ... i'm sure a deal is there.
        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

If Anthony Davis is clearly the most talented player in the draft, you draft him and resolve the logjam later.

Comment

I think there a couple franchise players in the top 10, I don't think it ends with Davis. If you have a logjam at position you generally do not get equal value in a trade. We won't receive a Harrison Barnes type player for any of our guys. Maybe Bargnani, but there isn't as many high end SF's in the league compared to PF's in the league. That's why we have had such a glut at that position. I think we should try to draft the position we are desperately in need of. If we can pick up another 10-15 draft pick in the process I think that is awesome.

Comment

If we somehow got #1 you take Davis in a heartbeat and marvel at our otherworldly frontcourt. You could move Davis AND Amir.

If you get the second pick (and Davis somehow wasn't drafted) i'd flip it to move down a couple spots and try and get 2 first rounders or a first rounder and a stud. Drummond really doesn't do much for me at all.

This is all speculative on how the draft is currently, anyways. There's going to be big movers (MKG/Miller) and fallers (looking at you, Drummond/PJ3) so until march madness and workouts have happened there's no point in really getting into this now.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                You think the Toronto Raptors, with Bargnani, Ed Davis and Amir Johnson - and desperate need of depth at SF and Guard spots will draft a PF? IF they got the #1 pick, they'd have to think hard about what to do with it, but beyond that I'd say there is no way the Raps go with a PF in the lottery.

To answer the thread question, turning the #1 into 2 high lottery picks sounds like a tasty idea ... but other GMs know that there are many quality pieces up top, and a team like NO needs lots of pieces ... i'm sure a deal is there.
                If MKG and Barnes are off the board, this team picks a big unless something big changes between now and the draft. If MKG and Barnes are gone then that means Sullinger or Drummand are there at 5. Sullinger was going to go number one last year until he decided to return and is a fantastic prospect with major post skills and great size.Think DeMarcus Cousins but less athletic and not crazy. Drummand likely has the most upside out of everyone in the draft and has the potential to be a Dwight Howard kind of player. If one of them is there you take them, and makes moves so they fit in the line up. They are elite prospects and could both be franchise guys.

That said, Lamb is high on a lot of boards. I don't really like him over Drummand or Sullinger but he is a good player and would fit our needs better. I don't think it's an issue either way, MKG is not going ahead of either Sullinger or Drummand and will be there for us to take.

If someone offers us 2 and 3 for 1 in this draft I take it in a second. Drummand and Barnes are easily worth Davis, especially to a team like us that has a good power forward.
                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

You take A Davis over bargs every day, jonas and anthony would be a championship caliber front court both defensively and offensively.

Comment

Working...
                  X