Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Nash Watch: L.A. bound (#1009)

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    My only concern is that without the favourable climate of Phoenix and that nitrogen freeze machine they (and a few other NBA teams) have, his recovery time and longevity may not be the same. It's possible that his age catches is up to him a lot sooner in the harsh Toronto (and eastern conference) climate. There's a reason the elderly retire to warmer, dryer climate areas (ie: Nash & Hill)!
    Very good points. Although he does live in NY so is used to the eastern climate. I'd hope that if Nash ever does get signed that Rogers/Bell invests in that freeze machine. Would be a good investment for reducing injuries I would imagine. An issue that we had to deal with quite a bit with Bargnani and Bayless this season, and with Jose in previous seasons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Very good points. Although he does live in NY so is used to the eastern climate. I'd hope that if Nash ever does get signed that Rogers/Bell invests in that freeze machine. Would be a good investment for reducing injuries I would imagine. An issue that we had to deal with quite a bit with Bargnani and Bayless this season, and with Jose in previous seasons.
    Very true. Last year the Raps brought in one of the best, most well respected trainers, so I would love to know that they are ahead of the curve as far as preventative/rehabbing equipment is concerned. When I read the article at ESPN or whatever about that machince earlier this year, I believe there were only something like 6 teams that had it. It would be great if the Raps invested in one, regardless of whether or not they sign Nash.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Great point. We had the thread going a couple of months ago on the 'freeze machine'.

The machine costs $50k which is a drop in the bucket when talking about $50M contracts - we're talking 0.1% which is a pretty small insurance premium.

A machine like that would be invaluable for Andrea's calf.

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan Wolstat ‏ @WolstatSun

Nash: "Not ready to make any proclamations (about free agency) (but not ruling out Raptors)

Post Thanks / Like

HAHAHA Matt. That was awesome. Well played.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Sam Smith from Bulls.com thinks Nash will sign with Raptors as well:

All indications in Phoenix are the Suns will make Steve Nash a limited offer and he’ll move on. It makes sense as the Suns will have $23 million in salary cap room and they’ve gone as far as they can go. The Suns were always a player destination, and this will test whether they still are under the frugal Robert Sarver management. Many believe Nash instead of chasing a title with a contender for a lesser salary will go back to Canada and the Raptors for a three-year deal and help bring their young players along.
    Source
    "Many believe.."?? Very cool. Maybe you were right all along Matt!
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Sam Smith from Bulls.com thinks Nash will sign with Raptors as well:

"Many believe.."?? Very cool. Maybe you were right all along Matt!
    Although, most of us, including myself, would rather see him chase a ring.

Him signing to play in his home country would almost immortalize him even more. The fact he'd give up trying to get a ring to play within his home country is just about the greatest compliment to himself and canada.

Post Thanks / Like

Btw, joey. I don't know if I've said this before. But, I love how you are running with Big Country as your avatar. I made a mention of him way back and you just ran with him ever since. Like a bouss!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    The Knicks are not going to get him because they're pretty much stuck with Lee at this point. Dolan isn't going to let thate marketing sensation go because it's lost opportunity and it means the alienation of a bunch of fans who otherwise might not care about the Knicks.
    Lee?

Don't start with these snarky racist remarks.

Post Thanks / Like

Next in line Jay Triano for coach of Canada's team!!! Back to work with Steve Nash !!! I say it's a done deal!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Prime wrote: View Post
    Lee?

I am pretty sure that was a typo on his part. David Lee played for the Knicks for 5 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote badbob wrote: View Post
    Next in line Jay Triano for coach of Canada's team!!! Back to work with Steve Nash !!! I say it's a done deal!
    I'm not so sure about this.

As he says in the conference, they've had some advances from some highly respected international coaching prospects. I'd say Jay will at least have some competition for the spot. And rightfully so. I hope they get the best they can. If Jay is that, then so be it.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Prime wrote: View Post
    Lee?

Actually that was a typo. Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt though.

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I am pretty sure that was a typo on his part. David Lee played for the Knicks for 5 years.
    Thanks Matt. That's what happened. I'm no more racist than Prime is patient.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm no more racist than Prime is patient.

hahahhahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahy ahahahahaa

spat my beer out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    hahahhahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahy ahahahahaa

spat my beer out
    Thanks for coming out everyone. I'm available for Birthdays and Bar Mitzvahs. Tell your friends!

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I'm not so sure about this.

As he says in the conference, they've had some advances from some highly respected international coaching prospects. I'd say Jay will at least have some competition for the spot. And rightfully so. I hope they get the best they can. If Jay is that, then so be it.
    I think they should try thinking outside the box: Canada shouldn't limit itself to solely Canadian coaches. For example Jay has coached on the U.S. national team despite being Canadian.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for coming out everyone. I'm available for Birthdays and Bar Mitzvahs. Tell your friends!

I think they should try thinking outside the box: Canada shouldn't limit itself to solely Canadian coaches. For example Jay has coached on the U.S. national team despite being Canadian.
    Would you even consider a Chinese coach, Apollo?

Post Thanks / Like

Can I take a rain check? I was always taught that if you don't have any snarky racist remarks to say then you shouldn't say anything at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Can I take a rain check? I was always taught that if you don't have any snarky racist remarks to say then you shouldn't say anything at all.
    *chuckles*

Post Thanks / Like

Actually that was a typo. Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt though.
    Always a pleasure.

Thanks Matt. That's what happened. I'm no more racist than Prime is patient.
    I'm pretty patient if I must say so myself. You must be pretty racist then. Well, I applaud your honesty. The first step to recovery is to admit that you have a problem.

Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information