istanbul escort - bursa escort - escort bayan - Antalya Escort
Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 1038

Thread: Nash Watch: L.A. bound (#1009)

  1. #281
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    23,401
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    That's what I thought, which made me realized the idea of including a draft pick from this year wouldn't work in any S&T deals for Nash, unless Toronto was essentially picking for Phoenix with a deal already unofficially agreed upon.
    Here is an interesting proposition:

    DD/JB for Nash/13

    Draft Waiters.

    Sign Danny Green (MLE?)

    Nash
    Green
    Gay
    Barg
    JV

    with Waiters as 6th man.

  2. #282
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,250
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Here is an interesting proposition:

    DD/JB for Nash/13

    Draft Waiters.

    Sign Danny Green (MLE?)

    Nash
    Green
    Gay
    Barg
    JV

    with Waiters as 6th man.
    Interesting, but I think it would be a hard sell to the Phoenix fans to justify trading away both Nash AND the #13 pick. If (and its a big if) Toronto could get Gay and the #25 pick from Memphis, without having to include DeRozan, then that deal could work if the #25 pick was also sent to Phoenix (DD/JB/#25 for Nash/#13). I guess it comes down to whether Phoenix fans would be more accepting of a true rebuild that starts with DeRozan or the #13 pick... this all would have to get done after the draft as well, so the rookies in question would be known quantities, not just the hope associated with a particular pick #.

    Plus there's still the small matter of figuring out what to do with Calderon first, in order to free up enough cap space to acquire Nash, especially if this deal goes down after a Memphis deal.
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Jun 4th, 2012 at 12:14 PM.

  3. #283
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    23,401
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Interesting, but I think it would be a hard sell to the Phoenix fans to justify trading away both Nash AND the #13 pick. If (and its a big if) Toronto could get Gay and the #25 pick from Memphis, without having to include DeRozan, then that deal could work if the #25 pick was also sent to Phoenix (DD/JB/#25 for Nash/#13). I guess it comes down to whether Phoenix fans would be more accepting of a true rebuild that starts with DeRozan or the #13 pick...
    I'd take Bayless and DD over #13 and Alonzo Gee

  4. #284
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    443
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Sign and trades can't be done until July 1st and cannot be executed until July 11th.

    Drafted players (i.e. the rights to a drafted player) can be traded after July 1st/July 11th provided they have not signed their contract. Think when the JO/Ford deal went down with Hibbert's rights traded.

    Extend and trades would be possible I believe? However there would be a 2 year limitation. The max we could offer would be in the range about 12.2 mil per year a little higher than the 10 being discussed here.

  5. #285
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    23,401
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jbml wrote: View Post
    Extend and trades would be possible I believe? However there would be a 2 year limitation. The max we could offer would be in the range about 12.2 mil per year a little higher than the 10 being discussed here.
    I do not think an extend and trade is applicable here because there is no player option for next year or time left on the contract.

    I think there must be time left on the original contract to do an extend and trade.

    I am not certain though.

  6. #286
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    443
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    91. Can a player be given an extension and traded at the same time?
    Similar to a sign-and-trade arrangement (see question number 88), a team may sign an eligible player to an extension (see question number 58) and immediately trade him to another team. Such an "extend-and-trade" is limited to three seasons, which include any seasons remaining on the player's current contract1. The salary in the first season of the extension can have a 4.5% raise over the last season of the existing contract, and subsequent raises are limited to 4.5% of the salary in the first season of the extension.

    A player