Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 840 of 1038

Thread: Nash Watch: L.A. bound (#1009)

  1. #821
    Raptors Republic Rookie Imperial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ughhhh. Just put the Raptors out of their misery.

  2. #822
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    64
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Can we throw more money at him ?? Fuck if he signs with someone else please god let it be Dallas or LA !! To see him with the Knicks 4 times next year will hurt !

  3. #823
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LateBoomer wrote: View Post
    He must be thinking hard about his game right now,
    with what LeBron has accomplished since he was able to asses his game and improved on it.
    There's no way he should dominate the ball with Nash orchestrating the offense.
    The thing about LeBron is that he was always capable of dominating the game when he's needed and was able to make others better when he's got help from Wade and Bosh. LeBron was always a willing and unselfish passer while Melo is not. LeBron James averages like 6.2 assists per game last year while Melo only average 2.2 assists last year. Suddenly being unselfish and help out with the orchestration of the offense isn't something you can easily change in the offseason. You might see him average sightly more assists, but I wouldn't expect too much of a change. He's probably thinking about his game right now like you said, but like I said, don't expect a huge change. On an unrelated note, I can't believe I'm actually praising James the way I am right now...

  4. #824
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    This is going to get ugly...
    Hopefully nothing too ridiculously ugly...

  5. #825
    Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This has turned into quite the circus. Who would have thought, pre July 1st, that Nash would cause the most drama of all the FA's.

  6. #826
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,652
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Hopefully nothing too ridiculously ugly...
    I can see Colangelo throwing a tantrum, kicking and screaming, with tears rolling down his face.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  7. #827
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I can see Colangelo throwing a tantrum, kicking and screaming, with tears rolling down his face.
    Then boxing up his personal belongings... whether his fault or not, all this buildup the past month or so is going to lead to an enormous let down feeling, which it will be hard to recover from. I only hope he does have a backup plan in his back pocket (which hopefully starts with rescinding the Fields offer).

  8. #828
    Raptors Republic Starter KHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    605
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    To me, picking NY over TO should also include quitting as GM for Basketball Canada. He has a professional commitment to advance the game in Canada, and this would do the exact opposite, so he's got to go. Love the guy, but if this is his decision, I don't want him in Canada's national program.

  9. #829
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I can see Colangelo throwing a tantrum, kicking and screaming, with tears rolling down his face.
    I was thinking more on the lines of thinking an even larger contract at Nash, but I can see BC doing that right now

  10. #830
    Raptors Republic Rookie Imperial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Then boxing up his personal belongings... whether his fault or not, all this buildup the past month or so is going to lead to an enormous let down feeling, which it will be hard to recover from. I only hope he does have a backup plan in his back pocket (which hopefully starts with rescinding the Fields offer).
    Haha. That would be the ultimate, "No, we really didn't want you..." to Fields. Don't know if that would look good, considering it would already look bad if we don't get Nash.

  11. #831
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    To me, picking NY over TO should also include quitting as GM for Basketball Canada. He has a professional commitment to advance the game in Canada, and this would do the exact opposite, so he's got to go. Love the guy, but if this is his decision, I don't want him in Canada's national program.
    Then, doesn't this mean the firing of Nash as the GM for Basketball Canada not the quitting of Nash as the GM for Basketball Canada?

  12. #832
    Raptors Republic Starter KHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    605
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Then, doesn't this mean the firing of Nash as the GM for Basketball Canada not the quitting of Nash as the GM for Basketball Canada?
    I'd hope he'd have the class to step down.

  13. #833
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,025
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Imperial wrote: View Post
    Wow. If the Knicks deal goes as planned, what a sad, sad day to be the Toronto Raptors.
    Being a Raptors fan is my penance for all the crappy stuff I've done in this life.... and previous ones. But this Nash thing. Usually I just laugh at the ineptitude of the Raps various management teams and the general crappiness of the franchise.... but this Nash thing... it's really pathetic. I ain't laughing about this. For the first time ever, I actually feel sorry for the players and coaches. They can spin it however they like but this is a major (and very public) repudiation of this franchise and a humiliation for ownership. This one stings.

  14. #834
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Imperial wrote: View Post
    Haha. That would be the ultimate, "No, we really didn't want you..." to Fields. Don't know if that would look good, considering it would already look bad if we don't get Nash.
    The offer could very well be contingent on Nash signing. Technically there's no offer yet, just a commitment.

  15. #835
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Imperial wrote: View Post
    Haha. That would be the ultimate, "No, we really didn't want you..." to Fields. Don't know if that would look good, considering it would already look bad if we don't get Nash.
    Plus, can you imagine the outrage if he renegs on the offer sheet, the Knicks keep Fields, and then Fields goes on to have a great season alongside Nash? At this point, reneging on the offer sheet would be helping the Knicks out, and I'd rather see the Raptors make the Knicks need to completely rebuild their depth from the ground up.

  16. #836
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah, it was just verbal

  17. #837
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,652
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote octothorp wrote: View Post
    Plus, can you imagine the outrage if he renegs on the offer sheet, the Knicks keep Fields, and then Fields goes on to have a great season alongside Nash? At this point, reneging on the offer sheet would be helping the Knicks out, and I'd rather see the Raptors make the Knicks need to completely rebuild their depth from the ground up.
    I wouldn't. I don't care if the Knicks win the championship. I'd rather have Fields' contract off our books.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  18. #838
    Raptors Republic Starter KHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    605
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    The offer could very well be contingent on Nash signing. Technically there's no offer yet, just a commitment.
    Don't really know if it could be contingent, given that it was made to improve their chances of getting Nash. If it were contingent then the Knicks could basically have ignored it and looked for sign+trade options, unless I'm misunderstanding?

  19. #839
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    I'd hope he'd have the class to step down.
    Wouldn't that give Raptors fans more incentive to boo him during Raptors games with the Knicks?

  20. #840
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,652
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Yeah, it was just verbal
    All QO's are verbal at this stage. But it will still look bad for future players (and their agents). The Raps may not be trustworthy.

    That being said, we still need to rescind Fields' offer...
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •