No announcement yet.

Nash Watch: L.A. bound (#1009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am really disappointed. Not as a Raptors fan but as a Nash fan.

After all those great series of Phoenix vs Lakers and Phoenix vs Spurs i couldn't imagine he would go there. Where is the rivalry? sigh.

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
      Lol at Ed Davis' last tweet, http://twitter.com/#!/eddavis32
      I love Calderon, but want him to get a chance on a new team... Tweet's like this can't be good for Jose's self-esteem.
      “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
      ― John Wooden

Comment

• Tesla wrote: View Post
        I blame Matt
        I blame the new ads!
        “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
        ― John Wooden

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
          To be honest, Nash might not have owed us anything, but whether Nash knows it or not. he more or less humiliated the Raptors in the worst way possible. We are probably the biggest laughing stock in the NBA right now. The Raptors, a team that already has trouble getting free agents, can't even convince a Canadian free agent to come. If even a fellow Canadian won't come, why would an American player want to come? For someone who wants to develop basketball in Canada, that's a pretty d-bag move to make towards Canada's only team. Personally, I respect his decision since it's his decision to make and I won't personally boo him when he comes to the ACC, but I can almost guarantee that he will get booed harder than VC, T-Mac, and Bosh combined. It's not only a big blow towards the Raptors, but it's also a pretty big blow towards Canadian basketball in general.
          Deron Williams just refused to go to his home city, and Toronto is 3000 miles from Steve Nash's home city.

I think this "He's a Canadian" angle is way overplayed.

Yeah, it would have been awesome to have him here, but come on. The Raptors organization sucks because of a variety of factors, 0 of which are named Steve Nash.

Comment

• people forget that playing in your home town adds a TON of stress
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
              im sure he gets booed vigorously in T.O... but he's going to get booed unmercifully by NY fans...
              Maybe PHX too for going to the Lakers...

Comment

• Seeten wrote: View Post
                Deron Williams just refused to go to his home city, and Toronto is 3000 miles from Steve Nash's home city.

I think this "He's a Canadian" angle is way overplayed.

Yeah, it would have been awesome to have him here, but come on. The Raptors organization sucks because of a variety of factors, 0 of which are named Steve Nash.
                Like you said, the Raptors organization sucks and now we suck even more now that the only Canadian player refuses to be with us. He had no obligation to come here, but by him not coming to Toronto, he's basically said that even I won't come to Toronto cuz they suck. It's an unintentional insult that will scar the Raptors and Canadian Basketball for years to come.

Comment

• Here is my suggestion to the Raptors organization. Stop sucking. Become first class. Rebuild the right way. If you are gonna tank, tank. Don't half ass anything. Stop offering big money to players that aren't worth big money. You know what teams overpay roleplayers?

Bad teams.

Comment

• Nash can only play for one team. He refused NYC, Brooklyn, Dallas and Phoenix as well. This doesn't look bad on the Raptors. Nash picked a shot at a title. It might look bad on Nash to some Canadian fans but the fact that he chose to go else where doesn't look bad on the Raptors.
                    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jul 4, 2012, 11:20 PM. Reason: .

Comment

• Going after free agents is never guaranteed. I really really wanted to enjoy watching Raptors games this coming season, but I'd rather Nash has a great year for a relevant team, and gets his ring. Further, if the Lakers win, its Nash putting them over the top. I wish him all the best, every other Canadian should do the same. If he gets booed at the ACC, it just shows Canadians have no class.

Comment

• Whew! Glad I went out for dinner and the promised drinks and didn't look at my phone. This stings a bit less knowing it's a done deal and not a rumour. And yes, it stings a bit less that he is going to LA. A chance to play with Kobe. Should be interesting to see who does the ball handling. Kind of had a feeling that they wouldn't be denied when they were mentioned as a dark horse. Can we blame Gretzky for this? When he meant to say go to Toronto to do what I did in LA, did he flub it and say do it in LA? I guess the telling youtube clip was the Star Wars one. Nash has gone Hollywood. Best of luck. We will carry on and find a way to win.

Comment

• Ed Davis:

Damn no Nash
                          Source: Twitter @eddavis32

Comment

• lmao. Does he know that he might be going to houston soon?

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              people forget that playing in your home town adds a TON of stress
                              Wait until he plays with Kobe, he will call Nash out in the media for being too old or breaking down on him.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                Wait until he plays with Kobe, he will call Nash out in the media for being too old or breaking down on him.
                                kobe will mostly complain that nash makes the easy play to gasol or bynum instead of the pass to iso kobe

Comment

Working...
                                X