Nash Watch: L.A. bound (#1009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I have a secret: I am Marc Stein's Raptors source.

It explains why he is always 100% incorrect on Toronto.
    You guys comment on each other's facebook statuses, don't ya?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I have a secret: I am Marc Stein's Raptors source.

It explains why he is always 100% incorrect on Toronto.
      Then you must be Vecsey's primary source as well.

Comment

Nash Discusses Upcoming Free Agency: On the Dan Patrick Show earlier today, Steve Nash made it clear that he won’t return to the Phoenix Suns if they don’t make an effort to upgrade the roster this summer. Nash didn’t demand a trade from the Suns prior to this year’s trade deadline because he wanted to honor his contract. However, he won’t sign another deal in Phoenix unless the team surrounds him with talent.

“I definitely do want to win,” Nash said. “I’m not going to come back to the Suns if there isn’t an improvement, if they’re not ambitious and they’re not looking to upgrade the roster seriously. I think they are. They’ll have a lot of flexibility in free agency. I’ve been standing pat in many ways so they could do some things this summer. I think they’ll become a definite possibility for me, but I do want to win and I do want to consider all my options so it’ll be interesting to see what happens this summer.”

“It’s going to be interesting this summer,” Nash added. “Being a free agent, I didn’t really want to leave at the deadline. I felt I owed it to my teammates and the Suns organization and the fans. I could possibly be back for sure, but that will be more interesting than the trade deadline.”

When asked if he would like to team up with LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami, Nash said he would have to consider joining the Heat.

“I would listen. [LeBron James] is phenomenal. I love what they’re doing there. A lot of people don’t like them because they put all that talent together. But they’re professional, they play hard, they play together and their coaching staff has done a great job. So, I have a tremendous amount of respect for them, and I would definitely listen.”

There’s no question that Nash will have a tough decision to make this summer.

“At this stage in my career, there’s going to be so many options to consider,” Nash said. “It’s going to be an interesting free agent summer. For me in particular, there’s going to be a lot of things to consider.”

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-bro...rest-of-season
        I do think Toronto will be one of those considerations.

Comment

I get why a vet would want to play for the Heat but I don't think Nash is a very good fit there at all.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Nash is modestly better than Calderon at this time, and I say that in the belief that Jose is the Raptors MVP, hands down, this season. Father time can not be denied, there is no logical argument that says Nash will not decline in performance in this very late stage in his great career. Bob Cousy and John Stockton are the only NBA point guards to play past 40. They both played their last game at age 41.

Jose is already here, performing at a high level, and under contract through next season. The Olympics are relatively early in the summer (July) this time around. He has put up a lot of minutes year in and year out and he's a mere pup at 30.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
              Nash is modestly better than Calderon at this time, and I say that in the belief that Jose is the Raptors MVP, hands down, this season. Father time can not be denied, there is no logical argument that says Nash will not decline in performance in this very late stage in his great career. Bob Cousy and John Stockton are the only NBA point guards to play past 40. They both played their last game at age 41.

Jose is already here, performing at a high level, and under contract through next season. The Olympics are relatively early in the summer (July) this time around. He has put up a lot of minutes year in and year out and he's a mere pup at 30.
              Nash is modestly better? Do you see what he is doing in Phoenix, in the western conference no less, with the shit roster he has to work with? I'm not knocking Calderon, he is a good PG. But Nash is one of the best of all time.

Father time cannot be denied. He would be a 3 year - at most - pick up. A big difference between Nash and Cousy/Stockton is medical advances and Nash's training. Nash's off-season and in season training does not get enough credit. He is a physical freak and fitness freak.

I disagree on Jose being a mere pup next season at 31. I also disagree with the impact of the Olympics. That is a topic beat to death so I'll spare everyone again. My comments are here in the thread on the matter.

Comment

I think that the subtraction of calderon and the addition of nash makes us a playoff team next year with the roster we have. i would love to see nash on the pick and roll with amir, right now and soon to be jonas, and bargs up top. that (i want to say is going to be) would be awesome.

to compare nash and jose is silly. jose is a good to very good point guard and play runner. nash is one of the best point guards ever.

if we were to take how they both perform now and try to project how good they will be in one two or three years i would say nash will still be the better player in 3 years time. going through nash' career stats there hasn't been a drop off since he turned 30 and i see nothing to show that there will be.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  I think that the subtraction of calderon and the addition of nash makes us a playoff team next year with the roster we have. i would love to see nash on the pick and roll with amir, right now and soon to be jonas, and bargs up top. that (i want to say is going to be) would be awesome.

to compare nash and jose is silly. jose is a good to very good point guard and play runner. nash is one of the best point guards ever.

if we were to take how they both perform now and try to project how good they will be in one two or three years i would say nash will still be the better player in 3 years time. going through nash' career stats there hasn't been a drop off since he turned 30 and i see nothing to show that there will be.
                  Everybody gets older ... the drop off will come.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                    Everybody gets older ... the drop off will come.

not saying it wont. just saying that in the next three years i see nash as remaining markedly better than jose.

Comment

I think Nash would look like a complete douche by saying "I will only re-sign in Phoenix if they make competitive moves", and then choosing Toronto.

As for the Calderon/Nash debate, Nash is the far more valuable piece, hands down. I mean, it's not even close (even at 38 years old).

Comment

Yesterday Nash said he was open to Miami!!!!

And I was floored. How could he? Even if he was just babbling. Not that Iam thinking that he "jilting" the Raps...but Miami?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-11175090

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Yesterday Nash said he was open to Miami!!!!

And I was floored. How could he? Even if he was just babbling. Not that Iam thinking that he "jilting" the Raps...but Miami?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-11175090
                          It was put up here yesterday.

Note that Miami was one of many considerations.

Comment

Nash wanted Diaw?

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...ozWCRRyXXhuEQJ

Keep in mind the source here - Peter Vescey is hardly a solid source, more like a tabloid with shreds of truth mixed with liberties.

Anyways, Nash wanted Diaw. Front office did not want to revisit the past.

I'm not convinced Nash plays in Toronto next year but I do think he will play somewhere other than Phoenix.

Comment

nash is classy. he isn't going to insult anyone. he is also on record of saying he wants market value, which miami most definitely can't give

Comment

I don't have a degree in business but for the people advising raptors franchise - nash-anity will do wonders for business.

Comment

Working...
                                X