No announcement yet.

Nash Watch: L.A. bound (#1009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordon is restricted though isn't he? Pretty sure Hornets will match.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
      Gordon is restricted though isn't he? Pretty sure Hornets will match.
      He told them he doesn't want to play for them and Phoenix is where he wants to be, i think they might work out a S+T but he's gone
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Well, our Lin hopes are gone now: http://www.thescore.com/home/article...to-offer-sheet

Comment

• Dudley and Morris would be good pieces to start with. Draft picks maybe but I doubt Phoenix will want to deal picks unless they're lotto protected.

About the Lin/Rockets thing. This is the quote that peaked my interest:

The report indicates that Houston can make a 4-year, $40 million contract offer to Lin where the final 2 years would be worth $15 million per season.
          The Knicks are in a tough spot right now. They basically three days to sort out something with Sarver or turn away and protect their assets... IF they can.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Dudley and Morris would be good pieces to start with. Draft picks maybe but I doubt Phoenix will want to deal picks unless they're lotto protected.
            I like the idea of Dudley. Hard worker, good set shooter, and plays defense with a chip on his shoulder.

Comment

• Both those guys plus picks fit far better with the Hornets long term plans than a high paid sniper with flags around his durability. The Hornets should think long and hard. They don't want another Jamal Mashburn on their hands. I know Mash was a lot older when he hung it up but still, you have to wonder about Gordon long term...

Comment

• Must say, if the reports are true that Nash would rather be in NY, that this is very disappointing. I was super pumped to see Nash come aboard and bring some respectability to this team; however, if he is not as excited then we move on with a chip on our shoulder... must continually emphasize that this teams needs guys that WANT to play here and are committed to changing the culture.

I hope the reports are wrong and that rather than NY putting together a S&T, it is the Raps that Nash is giving time to. If not, and its the Knicks, then there is no way his reputation doesn't take a hit (it couldn't go anywhere but down). But count this fan as one who would lose some respect. Sorry if I sound like the jealous ex.
                “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                ― John Wooden

Comment

• So many anti Toronto people in Canada outside of Ontario... Don't think it will effect him outside of the ACC.

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
                    I like the idea of Dudley. Hard worker, good set shooter, and plays defense with a chip on his shoulder.
                    isnt fields like a better version of dudley

Comment

• I'm as pessimistic as the next guy but why the drop in the nash confidence index? He said all along he would listen to all offers. The knicks made an offer which the Raptors subsequently hijacked. Would think he would wait to hear their re-proposal. Should be interesting to see what they come up with now that Lin reportedly has an offer. So, not much has changed.....I think. I'm still worried but it has more to do with Dallas.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        I'm as pessimistic as the next guy but why the drop in the nash confidence index? He said all along he would listen to all offers. The knicks made an offer which the Raptors subsequently hijacked. Would think he would wait to hear their re-proposal. Should be interesting to see what they come up with now that Lin reportedly has an offer. So, not much has changed.....I think. I'm still worried but it has more to do with Dallas.
                        It just worries me that if Nash does not sign with us, there is something seriously wrong with our franchise. We offer 36 mil to the Canadian GOAT to come back to canada to finish his career, and he is thinking about Dallas and New York (two teams I do not think he wins a chip with unless Dallas can swoon like Howard next year). We have always had a tough time getting free agents, but this is just sorta scary.

But maybe it is just an over reaction. He has been very democratic about choosing where he goes. Everyone is gonna get a shot from him, which I understand. This is how free agents (or anyone really leaving their team) should operate (take notes Dwight).

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
                          thank God

Comment

• **Double post alert - I posted this in another thread**

Has anyone ever noticed there are rarely stories given through 'sources' with Nash?

All stories generally have direct quotes from him or lack the anonymous 'source'.

I don't buy this story because it is well known Nash's inner circle is extremely small and they do not play these games through media personalities such as Aldridge. It is just now how he has ever operated - even when PHX let everyone go who was a part of the Suns glory years and deep playoff run in 2010.

Personally, I think this source is a person connected with the Knicks. I believe Nash to stick to his word and make a decision within 4-5 days. I think the last bit of business is to hear what Dallas says.

Nash spurning the Raptors now would have devastating effects, in my opinion, on his role with Basketball Canada and his Canadian business ventures in retirement.

This is all my opinion and I remain skeptical.

Comment

• Didn't Steve Nash mention he wants to listen to everyone? He knows Dallas had Deron Williams as #1 priority. Therefore, they could not really talk about much until D-Will commits to a team.

Now that Williams is going back to the Nets, Nash will now talk to Cuban and weigh his options from there.

I doubt the Mavs will compete with the Raptors' offer because they want to make a run at Dwight next year. Although Cuban can decide to go for it with Nash and Dirk one last time before completely pressing the reset button. It should be interesting but I still feel that Nash will end up in Toronto.

I doubt New York can do much at this point. They are in trouble with regards to keeping their own free agents already. So signing Nash, which would essentially eliminate their bench (assuming a S&T). They have to worry about Lin, Novak, Smith and Fields.

There are so many stories floating around for speculation. We all know that sooner or later, only the actual events can give an answer. I still think that Nash will come here, unless Dallas sells the NASH NOWITZKY for 3 years.

There's an angle to take with every team which is why speculating is so much fun. lol
                              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Paul Coro: The Lakers & Nash are interested in a sign-and-trade. Sounds like there's no way Sarver would do that for the #Suns rival. Twitter
                                The only thing I have read was that Nash was going to give New York time to put a sign and Trade together. This makes sense he said he would look at all offers.

I still think we are the lead team. Dallas does make me nervous they have a lot of money, but as pointed out well here they may not want any long term commitments.

As far as sign and trade asests for Phoenix we have the most.

The Knicks do not plan to match when it is presented to them on July 11.

Nevertheless, the source said the Knicks are working on other sign-and-trade scenarios with the Suns, with Nash’s approval. Iman Shumpert may have to replace Fields in a package that also may include Dan Gadzuric’s $1.4 million non-guaranteed contract, Toney Douglas’ expiring pact, Jerome Jordan and Josh Harrellson. Nash could end up making up to $8 million. Without a sign-and-trade, the Knicks only have their $3.09 million mini-midlevel exception.

The Raptors could offer Nash as much as three years, $36 million, and a source close to Nash said if they do, it could be Canadian money he can’t pass up.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...#ixzz1zeockUCi
                                Last edited by jbml; Wed Jul 4, 2012, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X