Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Sounds like the knicks went to bargaining 101. we won't give you shumpert! We can't give you shumpert! We won't give you shumpert! okay, we'll give you shumpert.

Comment

• at least we arent the magic

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          @michaelgrange: #Raptors' Colangelo still hopeful regarding Steve Nash says: "We gave it our best shot" #NBA
          interesting analysis. would love to know what part of the conversation conveyed "still hopeful" with "we gave it our best shot"

Comment

• My biggest fear at this point is that BC TRULY did go all in for Nash, and there just isn't a plan B.

If this was all or nothing and he figured he'd be fired if this didn't work out anyways, then maybe he just didn't even bother with a contingency plan. Sounds irresponsible -- I know -- but we are dealing with a man with "nothing to lose" so to speak. In which case we'd be totally screwed.

Thinking back, I'm pretty sure there was no premeditated plan B in the Hedo sweepstakes. We were just gonna sign Kleiza and role with what we had sort of.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              christian aris b ‏@bista

@michaelgrange if this was a romantic comedy, this is where BC walks alone into the ACC to see Nash there, holding a Raptors uniform.

Tim Chisholm Tim Chisholm ‏@timpchisholm

I truly believe that Colangelo didn’t know the Pandora’s Box he was opening when he went after Nash.

Bruce Arthur Bruce Arthur ‏@bruce_arthur

One factor: people close to Nash say he wants his ex-wife to agree to move the kids to the city he chooses. They've lived in New York.

The bold is sympathetic.

Unfortunately it still makes Toronto a joke.
              I bet Nash uses that condition in his interviews as the major reason...the only way he can keep on the good side of fans here. I am personally sympathetic because he is very close to his kids.

Comment

• If i'm in the Phoenix head office right now, I'm calling bullshit on this. Nash has no leverage since NY doesn't have enough cash to take him straight up, and the potential pieces from Dallas or Toronto would be at least as good or better than what NY is offering.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  Reminds me of one of my favourite movie line: There is no try. Only do or do not.
                  That's from Rocky IV, right?

Comment

• i'm not really upset at nash at all, like i said before he's earned the right to play wherever he wants.

BC on the other hand,
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• oldmanweldon wrote: View Post
                      Empire Strikes Back. I forget how old I am sometimes....

Comment

• oldmanweldon wrote: View Post
                        think of another guy with a high collar but quite a bit shorter...and green

Comment

• ls there an offer in place for Dragic?

Comment

• LateBoomer wrote: View Post
                            ls there an offer in place for Dragic?
                            none reported
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Remember:

At least Brandon Jennings loves Toronto!

Comment

• Time for some prophylactic healing just in case. Given that this is a site of mostly dedicated raptor fans, what difference was Nash going to make? Was he going to make us more aware of the team? Would be be more likely to go to the game? More likely to watch it on tv? Buy more stuff? Really, for me, it is how much better does he make the team. Sure he is better than Jose, a lot better,..but, if/when the sky falls in a little bit, is he that much better to justify the apocalypse? That said, the hope continues...

Comment

Working...
                                X