Nash Watch: L.A. bound (#1009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't pay either of them $10 mill a year.
    l will pay Lowry, lF he doesn't have that attitude.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      You're geting closer. The Raps took huge risks on Jermaine O'Neal and Hedo Turkoglu. The New York teams are betting on Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Steve Nash, Melo, Chandler, Stoudemire. Keep working on the problem with the Raptors approach. Almost there....
      I disagree with your reasoning on some of these suggestions:

1) Amar'e was discussed as being a 6th man this year and looked upon as one of the worst contracts in the league as it is uninsurable.

2) I think the JO and Turk moves are looked at in hindsight as JO never returned to form which was an unknown when trade made and Turk decided to take his PizzaPizza endorsement too literally.

3) Colangelo also made a play for Chandler which was nixed last minute - literally.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Nets and Knicks. None of them are dealing with talent like LBJ, Dwayne Wade, and Bosh - and it took 2 years for them to win and it certainly was not easy.

I agree with the general idea of your post though, fwiw. I am going to reserve judgement for a couple of months but I am starting to think a change in the front office will be good for everyone. In saying that the expression "the devil you know is better than the devil you don't" come to mind.

Comment

• Well Steve measures respect by the $, glad you got it. But you may have lost quite a bit here, I don't like being played.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I disagree with your reasoning on some of these suggestions:

1) Amar'e was discussed as being a 6th man this year and looked upon as one of the worst contracts in the league as it is uninsurable.

2) I think the JO and Turk moves are looked at in hindsight as JO never returned to form which was an unknown when trade made and Turk decided to take his PizzaPizza endorsement too literally.

3) Colangelo also made a play for Chandler which was nixed last minute - literally.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Nets and Knicks. None of them are dealing with talent like LBJ, Dwayne Wade, and Bosh - and it took 2 years for them to win and it certainly was not easy.

I agree with the general idea of your post though, fwiw. I am going to reserve judgement for a couple of months but I am starting to think a change in the front office will be good for everyone. In saying that the expression "the devil you know is better than the devil you don't" come to mind.
          Sometimes I feel like this team is hexed. We can't seem to catch a break :/

Comment

• So the Knicks has a big 4 now?

Comment

• LateBoomer wrote: View Post
              Miami is the greatest place on earth.
              l still hate the basketball team tho.
              I do believe you are missing the point. Miami is not iconic but has a shallowness to it. If its sun, sand and bikinis you want, great.

Comment

Sometimes I feel like this team is hexed. We can't seem to catch a break :/
                lt's hard being in Canada.
                The only way is to develop through the draft ala Minnesota and Memphis.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                  I do believe you are missing the point. Miami is not iconic but has a shallowness to it. If its sun, sand and bikinis you want, great.
                  Exactly, my point bro.
                  How else would you want your life lived?

Comment

• I hope we don't raise the offer, let Nash go to NY with Melo hogging the ball and we use the money on a younger point guard next year (i.e keep Jose for the year)

Comment

• oldmanweldon wrote: View Post
                      We're all upset about this, but you have to acknowledge that NYC is often regarded as the greatest city in the world. Living there has a real appeal to A LOT of people. The only cities more/as iconic would be, what... Paris? Tokyo? London?
                      I've lived in London, across the river from NYC in Jersey, and been to Tokyo at least a half dozen times..

NYC doesnt even come close to London or Tokyo... i'll give them Paris though, because.... screw the french.

Comment

• Can't we just continue to tank and continue drafting talents until we grab Andrew Wiggins?

Comment

So the Knicks has a big 4 now?
                          I guess you can say that in a way although I don't really consider Chandler to be good enough to be part of the big 4 especially from what I saw from him in the playoffs. Thought I have to say that they have a huge hole in the SG position especially if Fields does come to Toronto.

Comment

lt's hard being in Canada.
                            The only way is to develop through the draft ala Minnesota and Memphis.
                            Minnesota is about to get Batum, probably the most coveted SF in free agency. The problem isn't location. The problem is that we do not have a winning franchise. There are two ways to lure free agents in sports - money and winning.

Problem with money is that there are cap restrictions on every team in the NBA, so basically every team can afford around the same amount of money theoretically. That's why cities like NY/LA, etc can get the top players because those players can have their cake and eat it as well.

The other is winning. Bluejays were winning, and were able to get top notch free agents. My hope was to get Nash to help get us there, but that doesn't seem likely anymore. Not sure what plan B is, but I'd probably start by acclimating Stefanski as our new GM.

Comment

I guess you can say that in a way although I don't really consider Chandler to be good enough to be part of the big 4 especially from what I saw from him in the playoffs. Thought I have to say that they have a huge hole in the SG position especially if Fields does come to Toronto.
                              lF that ballhog can change his game, NY can go head to head with Miami pretty soon.

Comment

lF that ballhog can change his game, NY can go head to head with Miami pretty soon.
                                "IF" being the key word in that statement.

Comment

Working...
                                X