X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh hey i missed a page there
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Landry Fields... Can someone give me some insight on why this signing was done? Was it so that NY would have to choose between Fields and matching the offer, or signing Nash?!
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        Landry Fields... Can someone give me some insight on why this signing was done? Was it so that NY would have to choose between Fields and matching the offer, or signing Nash?!
        Not exactly. It's been talked about elsewhere, but if Fields signs an offer sheet, the Knicks can't include him in a sign-and-trade with Phoenix (regardless of whether they match or not), and he's basically the only useful sign-and-trade asset they have. Without a sign-and-trade, the most the Knicks can offer Nash is about three million.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
          Landry Fields... Can someone give me some insight on why this signing was done? Was it so that NY would have to choose between Fields and matching the offer, or signing Nash?!
          I am not 100% sure, but I am pretty sure the only way Nash ends up in NYK is by sign and trade (the contract they would be able to offer him would be too small without the S&T). Fields is an asset they would have had to trade to get Nash. By offering him that contract, we forced NYK into a corner. If they matched they could get Fields back (at a backloaded contract they did not want) but would not be able to trade him because they matched. If they did not match (which is what they did) then they can not trade for Nash still.

So, pretty much, BC took Fields and Nash from the Knicks. Now Lin is thinking of signing with Houston (maybe because one of his good friends Fields is not going to be on the team, and he can not be mentored by Nash).

So pretty much, BC made the Knicks his bitch.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
            Not exactly. It's been talked about elsewhere, but if Fields signs an offer sheet, the Knicks can't include him in a sign-and-trade with Phoenix (regardless of whether they match or not), and he's basically the only useful sign-and-trade asset they have. Without a sign-and-trade, the most the Knicks can offer Nash is about three million.
            Red and White wrote: View Post
            I am not 100% sure, but I am pretty sure the only way Nash ends up in NYK is by sign and trade (the contract they would be able to offer him would be too small without the S&T). Fields is an asset they would have had to trade to get Nash. By offering him that contract, we forced NYK into a corner. If they matched they could get Fields back (at a backloaded contract they did not want) but would not be able to trade him because they matched. If they did not match (which is what they did) then they can not trade for Nash still.

So, pretty much, BC took Fields and Nash from the Knicks. Now Lin is thinking of signing with Houston (maybe because one of his good friends Fields is not going to be on the team, and he can not be mentored by Nash).

So pretty much, BC made the Knicks his bitch.
            Thank you guys. Dirty damn move BC..... I love it! Haha!

So, at best, we could have both Fields and Nash. At worst, we only sign Fields at the 20$ million 3 years?
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Here's a view from the Dallas paper. On the one hand, we have to be scared as they now have a Dwill size cushion in their cap space and their lineup is decidedly point guard free. On the other hand, apparently they won't match Terry's offer from Boston for fear of hampering future flexibility. Not sure what to take from this.

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/2012/...ith-nets.html/

"So then what?

As it stands right now, the Mavericks’ roster includes Nowitzki, Shawn Marion, Brendan Haywood, Vince Carter, Roddy Beaubois, Dominique Jones, Brandan Wright and rookies Jared Cunningham, Jae Crowder and Bernard James.

One source said the team is unlikely to offer big money to any other free agent, with the possible exception of Steve Nash, who already has been offered more than $30 million to sign in Toronto.

Most likely, the Mavericks will aim to keep their free-agent money in the bank and save it for next summer, when Chris Paul, James Harden and possibly Dwight Howard are on the market."

Comment

• i think dallas' plan if they DID sign nash, was just for 1 year. they're really after howard and cp3 next year now that deron is off the market.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Marc Stein: Mavs' PG priorities from here, sources say, are Nash and Jeremy Lin and re-signing J-Kidd. Team has not yet decided if it'll pursue Dragic Twitter
                  Adrian Wojnarowski: Dallas is cautious about chasing Goran Dragic with a big offer, league source tells Y! Mavs aren't as high on him as Rockets, Suns, others. Twitter
                  Can't see them not having interest in Dravic, but the short term offers would make sense with this

Comment

• David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

As Raptors, Knicks & Mavs-fight 4 Steve Nash, the Lakers have also quietly entered the picture & are making a hard push, per league source.
                    Lakers entering the mix.

Comment

• Opens the possibility of Nash, Kobe, and Dwight..

Comment

• How sad would it be if Nash signed with Dallas, Dragic stayed in Houston, Kidd signs in Brooklyn (to backup Deron), and the Knicks hold onto Lin?

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it played out this way....

Comment

• Houston getting ready to offer Lin a similar (poison pill) contract to the Asik one tomorrow. (Hoopshype). Fireworks in NY!

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Lakers entering the mix.
                            If Colangelo doesn't seal the deal he's going to look like a fool with Landry on the books for so much money.
                            • I don't fear the Lakers because seriously, what can they offer a rebuilding team that won't knock them out of contention?
                            • I'm not fearing the Knicks after this Landry play.
                            • I am fearing the Mavs.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                              Houston getting ready to offer Lin a similar (poison pill) contract to the Asik one tomorrow. (Hoopshype). Fireworks in NY!
                              lol, there's something strangely satisfying about seeing things sour in New York. Would love for them to lose out on both Nash and Lin.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                If Colangelo doesn't seal the deal he's going to look like a fool with Landry on the books for so much money.
                                I have to imagine he's planned for that. Keep in mind that the offer sheet can't and won't be signed until July 11th.
                                I'm sure Nash will have made up his mind by then.

Comment

Working...
                                X