Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Nash Watch: L.A. bound (#1009)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Prime wrote: View Post
    Always a pleasure.

I'm pretty patient if I must say so myself. You must be pretty racist then. Well, I applaud your honesty. The first step to recovery is to admit that you have a problem.
    Considering we all find this comical I am not surprised that you needed to say so yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Considering we all find this comical
    I know right? I never would've imagined that Apollo was a closeted racist! And to think he feels the need to confess his beliefs on a sports forum no doubt.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate purple people...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Prime wrote: View Post
    I know right? I never would've imagined that Apollo was a closeted racist! And to think he feels the need to confess his beliefs on a sports forum no doubt.
    Speaking of unconfirmed rumors, there was one I heard a while back that this Apollo guy has been known for permabanning posters with a history of trolling the boards. I don't know who makes this stuff up. Hey, let's continue via PM's so this thread doesn't get closed due to our pointless off topic chatter.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you Nash enough?

In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Would you even consider a Chinese coach, Apollo?
    china doesn't consider chinese coaches. even the cba is full of european and american coaches with hired translators in the huddle. kind of funny watching the huddles on tv during a timeout because they have to talk really fast to get it all out and then translated to the players who aren't imports

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    china doesn't consider chinese coaches. even the cba is full of european and american coaches with hired translators in the huddle. kind of funny watching the huddles on tv during a timeout because they have to talk really fast to get it all out and then translated to the players who aren't imports
    I wasn't aware. Very LINteresting. *that is so 2 months ago*

Hopefully it is realized I was just pulling Apollo's leg over other comments in the thread.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't aware. Very LINteresting. *that is so 2 months ago*

Hopefully it is realized I was just pulling Apollo's leg over other comments in the thread.

yes, i knew that. just had a chance to toss in some local info in the discussion

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of unconfirmed rumors, there was one I heard a while back that this Apollo guy has been known for permabanning posters with a history of trolling the boards. I don't know who makes this stuff up. Hey, let's continue via PM's so this thread doesn't get closed due to our pointless off topic chatter.
    I belive I can confirm that rumour as fact.

As I believe i'm still banned from a certain site and you had an influence on that.

Raptors Republic Starter RapthoseLeafs's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What happened to the Steve Nash debate? Am I in the wrong room.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there is anything of substance that hasn't already been covered currently.

and if there is quit complaining and spit it out.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Like a boss!

Post Thanks / Like

HAHAHAH This picture is AMAZING.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    "Yeah, it got ugly a couple times,” says Nowitzki. “Did you see the one where Nashie is drunk and playing with his nipples?” (Dirk Nowitzki quote in Sports Illustrated, April 23, 2007)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who is better on D - Nash or Calderon?

Nash turned 38 in February, is obviously past his prime, and isn’t any better defensively at the point than Jose Calderon (he may even be worse considering Calderon’s defensive improvements this season). Those traits don’t sound like they would normally mesh with a young team that isn’t even sniffing contention yet and is led by a defensive maestro in Dwane Casey.
    And about being possibly a worse defender than Jose Calderon, let’s remember that Dwane Casey seems to have constructed a defensive scheme here (and an impressive one at that) that has already had to adapt to a defensively inept point guard.
    http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...it/#more-10451

(I realize neither are great defenders so keep that in mind in this discussion.)

Stats are not everything but they do not support the claims that Nash is a worse defender than Jose (and Nash did not have a defensive scheme created to cover his weaknesses).

Nash:
    OppPER per48 minutes: 13.6
    on court point differential: +4.3
    off court point differential: -7.7
    win%: 60.3

Calderon:
    OppPER per48minutes: 17.8
    on court point differential: -3.7
    off court point differential: -2.7
    win%: 38.5
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu May 10th, 2012 at 08:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    I belive I can confirm that rumour as fact.

As I believe i'm still banned from a certain site and you had an influence on that.
    LBF, I have no pull whatsoever at lululemon.com. You've been deceived.

Stats are not everything but they do not support the claims that Nash is a worse defender than Jose (and Nash did not have a defensive scheme created to cover his weaknesses).
    Ignoring the stats and just basing this one what I've seen over the years I am of the belief that Calderon is a better defender. This is the first time I can think of in a long time that I uttered such a phrase. Calderon has almost always played with a horrible defensive supporting cast where as Nash has had the luxury of playing with Raja Bell and Shaun Marion to name a few.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Not totally correct in my opinion. E.g. Nash has Grant Hill, who is still an excellent defender, covering pointguards on a regular basis.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1075531

NY Knicks forward Amar'e Stoudemire is fired up to bring Steve Nash to Madison Square Garden

It is believed that the Knicks would have a better chance at signing Nash if his former coach, Mike D’Antoni, was still coaching the Knicks. However, a source close to Nash asked the veteran that same question and Nash responded by saying he isn’t “ruling out anybody at this point.”

One dark horse team could be the Portland Trail Blazers, the nearest NBA city to Nash’s hometown of Vancouver. Nash has several business interests in Vancouver, including ownership in the Major League Soccer team there, and playing for the Trail Blazers would make sense personally and professionally for him.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz1uTKjPLbD
    Last edited by jbml; Thu May 10th, 2012 at 09:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ignoring the stats and just basing this one what I've seen over the years I am of the belief that Calderon is a better defender. This is the first time I can think of in a long time that I uttered such a phrase. Calderon has almost always played with a horrible defensive supporting cast where as Nash has had the luxury of playing with Raja Bell and Shaun Marion to name a few.
    The numbers are for 2011-12.

Thread Information