Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 1038

Thread: Nash Watch: L.A. bound (#1009)

  1. #181
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Prime wrote: View Post
    Always a pleasure.

    I'm pretty patient if I must say so myself. You must be pretty racist then. Well, I applaud your honesty. The first step to recovery is to admit that you have a problem.
    Considering we all find this comical I am not surprised that you needed to say so yourself.

  2. #182
    Raptors Republic Starter Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Considering we all find this comical
    I know right? I never would've imagined that Apollo was a closeted racist! And to think he feels the need to confess his beliefs on a sports forum no doubt.

  3. #183
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,973
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I hate purple people...

  4. #184
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Prime wrote: View Post
    I know right? I never would've imagined that Apollo was a closeted racist! And to think he feels the need to confess his beliefs on a sports forum no doubt.
    Speaking of unconfirmed rumors, there was one I heard a while back that this Apollo guy has been known for permabanning posters with a history of trolling the boards. I don't know who makes this stuff up. Hey, let's continue via PM's so this thread doesn't get closed due to our pointless off topic chatter.

  5. #185

  6. #186
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,450
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Are you Nash enough?

    In Masai we Trust.

  7. #187
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,856
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Would you even consider a Chinese coach, Apollo?
    china doesn't consider chinese coaches. even the cba is full of european and american coaches with hired translators in the huddle. kind of funny watching the huddles on tv during a timeout because they have to talk really fast to get it all out and then translated to the players who aren't imports

  8. #188
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    china doesn't consider chinese coaches. even the cba is full of european and american coaches with hired translators in the huddle. kind of funny watching the huddles on tv during a timeout because they have to talk really fast to get it all out and then translated to the players who aren't imports
    I wasn't aware. Very LINteresting. *that is so 2 months ago*

    Hopefully it is realized I was just pulling Apollo's leg over other comments in the thread.

  9. #189
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,856
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I wasn't aware. Very LINteresting. *that is so 2 months ago*

    Hopefully it is realized I was just pulling Apollo's leg over other comments in the thread.

    yes, i knew that. just had a chance to toss in some local info in the discussion

  10. #190
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Speaking of unconfirmed rumors, there was one I heard a while back that this Apollo guy has been known for permabanning posters with a history of trolling the boards. I don't know who makes this stuff up. Hey, let's continue via PM's so this thread doesn't get closed due to our pointless off topic chatter.
    I belive I can confirm that rumour as fact.

    As I believe i'm still banned from a certain site and you had an influence on that.

  11. #191
    Raptors Republic Starter RapthoseLeafs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northern Ontario
    Posts
    617
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What happened to the Steve Nash debate? Am I in the wrong room.
    .

  12. #192
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't think there is anything of substance that hasn't already been covered currently.

    and if there is quit complaining and spit it out.

  13. #193
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Like a boss!


  14. #194
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,450
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    HAHAHAH This picture is AMAZING.
    In Masai we Trust.

  15. #195
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    "Yeah, it got ugly a couple times,” says Nowitzki. “Did you see the one where Nashie is drunk and playing with his nipples?” (Dirk Nowitzki quote in Sports Illustrated, April 23, 2007)
    .

  16. #196
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Who is better on D - Nash or Calderon?

    Nash turned 38 in February, is obviously past his prime, and isn’t any better defensively at the point than Jose Calderon (he may even be worse considering Calderon’s defensive improvements this season). Those traits don’t sound like they would normally mesh with a young team that isn’t even sniffing contention yet and is led by a defensive maestro in Dwane Casey.
    And about being possibly a worse defender than Jose Calderon, let’s remember that Dwane Casey seems to have constructed a defensive scheme here (and an impressive one at that) that has already had to adapt to a defensively inept point guard.
    http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...it/#more-10451

    (I realize neither are great defenders so keep that in mind in this discussion.)

    Stats are not everything but they do not support the claims that Nash is a worse defender than Jose (and Nash did not have a defensive scheme created to cover his weaknesses).

    Nash:
    OppPER per48 minutes: 13.6
    on court point differential: +4.3
    off court point differential: -7.7
    win%: 60.3

    Calderon:
    OppPER per48minutes: 17.8
    on court point differential: -3.7
    off court point differential: -2.7
    win%: 38.5
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu May 10th, 2012 at 08:58 AM.

  17. #197
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    I belive I can confirm that rumour as fact.

    As I believe i'm still banned from a certain site and you had an influence on that.
    LBF, I have no pull whatsoever at lululemon.com. You've been deceived.

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Stats are not everything but they do not support the claims that Nash is a worse defender than Jose (and Nash did not have a defensive scheme created to cover his weaknesses).
    Ignoring the stats and just basing this one what I've seen over the years I am of the belief that Calderon is a better defender. This is the first time I can think of in a long time that I uttered such a phrase. Calderon has almost always played with a horrible defensive supporting cast where as Nash has had the luxury of playing with Raja Bell and Shaun Marion to name a few.

  18. #198
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    ...
    Stats are not everything but they do not support the claims that Nash is a worse defender than Jose (and Nash did not have a defensive scheme created to cover his weaknesses).
    ...
    Not totally correct in my opinion. E.g. Nash has Grant Hill, who is still an excellent defender, covering pointguards on a regular basis.

  19. #199
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1075531

    NY Knicks forward Amar'e Stoudemire is fired up to bring Steve Nash to Madison Square Garden

    It is believed that the Knicks would have a better chance at signing Nash if his former coach, Mike D’Antoni, was still coaching the Knicks. However, a source close to Nash asked the veteran that same question and Nash responded by saying he isn’t “ruling out anybody at this point.”

    One dark horse team could be the Portland Trail Blazers, the nearest NBA city to Nash’s hometown of Vancouver. Nash has several business interests in Vancouver, including ownership in the Major League Soccer team there, and playing for the Trail Blazers would make sense personally and professionally for him.



    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz1uTKjPLbD
    Last edited by jbml; Thu May 10th, 2012 at 09:14 AM.

  20. #200
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Ignoring the stats and just basing this one what I've seen over the years I am of the belief that Calderon is a better defender. This is the first time I can think of in a long time that I uttered such a phrase. Calderon has almost always played with a horrible defensive supporting cast where as Nash has had the luxury of playing with Raja Bell and Shaun Marion to name a few.
    The numbers are for 2011-12.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •