No announcement yet.

Nash Watch: L.A. bound (#1009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to see a draft pick coming back... Just for the principle of it all. (Colangelo burned a first rounder to get him and dump J.O.)

After that, move the pick again, I don't care but I thought it was pretty dumb to burn a pick to get O'Neil and then a half year later burn another pick to dump him. Ugh...

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      The value of cap space outside of free agency.

I would take on Marion if:

1) it didn't leave other areas of the roster bare,
      2) Roddy came with him,
      3) #17 came with him, and
      4) rights to Nick Calathes came with him.

Sign me up for #3.

A deal for Marion would make JJ even more expendable, in addition to either Amir/Davis (assuming Kleiza sticks around as #3 PF/SF). The down side, is that it makes a deal for Gay very unlikely.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        Sign me up for #3.

A deal for Marion would make JJ even more expendable, in addition to either Amir/Davis (assuming Kleiza sticks around as #3 PF/SF). The down side, is that it makes a deal for Gay very unlikely.
        Sorry, I meant all 4 coming with Marion...... greedy bastard I am.

Comment

• Marion still has game left, but I question how motivated he'll be going from a contender to a rebuild. His game relies heavily on hustle and effort, and I wonder how much of that is left in the late stages of his career (without that championship carrot dangling in front of him).

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            That would example why BC traded LB. He even said this gives them room to make a move b4 July 1st. I think BC is going to make a move to solve that SF position. On July 1st present this roster to Nash and sell him on how his the missing piece to something special.
            It would be nice to be at the salary cap with the exceptions and TPE available to round out the roster. Nash's commitment would make an easier sell to free agents, I think. Nash makes guys look good.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Marion still has game left, but I question how motivated he'll be going from a contender to a rebuild. His game relies heavily on hustle and effort, and I wonder how much of that is left in the late stages of his career (without that championship carrot dangling in front of him).
              Do you think he has "$20M over two years" game left? I don't and I think it would be a waste to venture down that road. He left Toronto because Colangelo didn't want to pay him this deal and to now turn around and trade for him while he's in the back end of the contract to me would make Colangelo look a little goofy. Especially with the whole fiasco that happened with the guy Colangelo chose over him. I think Colangelo needs to stay the course and not go overboard should he land Nash.

I'd rather them roll the dice on Josh Smith in a trade or see if Gerald Wallace really hates Toronto. Those two would deliver something on par or better than what Marion offered in his prime. Nash could make either of those guys look a lot better than they do right now.

Comment

• I say no to Marion.. I like the idea of DWill and possibly Howard going to the West coast.. but for me it's a been there, done that. I'd put my money towards a top end SF if possible like a Granger, Gay or Josh Smith.

I would take Barbosa back though if it helps convince Nash to come on board

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Do you think he has "$20M over two years" game left? I don't and I think it would be a waste to venture down that road. He left Toronto because Colangelo didn't want to pay him this deal and to now turn around and trade for him while he's in the back end of the contract to me would make Colangelo look a little goofy. Especially with the whole fiasco that happened with the guy Colangelo chose over him. I think Colangelo needs to stay the course and not go overboard should he land Nash.

I'd rather them roll the dice on Josh Smith in a trade or see if Gerald Wallace really hates Toronto. Those two would deliver something on par or better than what Marion offered in his prime. Nash could make either of those guys look a lot better than they do right now.
                  I think this would be a great post for the cap eating thread as well.

If you are just taking back Marion, then it is an absolute no-no. However, if you are getting back Marion and Roddy/#17 I think it is worth it (and heaven help me if you get the rights to Nick Calathes!). It is a win-win in terms of trying to win now and building for the future as the cost of Marion's contract is off set by 24 year old Roddy, #17 pick, and 23 year old Calathes. This would clear $12.2M of cap space for Dallas and then they could use their amnesty on Haywood creating another $8.3M next year.

So in summary:

Marion, Roddy, #17, and rights for Calathes for 2 second round picks.

Likely.... probably not.

Comment

• Marion has always been the answer to our problems. The fact is he was already here and we let him go.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                      Marion has always been the answer to our problems. The fact is he was already here and we let him go.
                      Yeah why are we even discussing this?
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                        Marion has always been the answer to our problems. The fact is he was already here and we let him go.
                        He for sure contributed more than Jermaine O'neal did. Loved having him on the team. Watching his poster on Danny Granger still gives me chills....
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Toronto will be in direct competition with the Knicks for Steve Nash. But Nash is expected to look to sign with a bona fide contender, and the Knicks and Raptors don't fit that description. The Raptors are also a potential landing spot for Jeremy Lin. They like him and what he'd do for their attendance, but Toronto would have to "back-load" an offer to the restricted free agent, paying him gazillions in the final couple of years of a deal, and hope that the Knicks would not match. According to league sources, that's what the Raptors just might do if their Nash plan falls through. But considering that the Knicks have no other viable options at point guard, and Lin has been nothing short of a marketing dream, they're seen as a lock to match any offer.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz1ukOj4CKd
                          From a New York rag.... grain of salt needed.

I'm not sure where all these comments about playing for a contender are coming from. It makes a lot of sense, however, unless really close 'sources' to Nash are saying these things, it does not jive AT ALL with any comments Nash has publicly made about where he might play.
                          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun May 13, 2012, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• It doesn't make sense for the Raptors to do that unless they suddenly like the idea of paying luxury tax.

Comment

• IMO Jerryd Bayless and Ed Davis/Amir Johnson(hoping it's Amir) will be sent to the Suns for Nash.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                It doesn't make sense for the Raptors to do that unless they suddenly like the idea of paying luxury tax.
                                Luxury Tax isn't really a big deal at all. From what I remember from my monopoly playing days it's only $75 well worth the price of not landing on Boardwalk or Park Place
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X