Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Nash Watch: L.A. bound (#1009)

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tesla wrote: View Post
    http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/06/2...04&feedID=3801

As long as we don't trade the pick.
    Unfortunately, i think the pick is the most valuable asset the Raps have now, well, apart from JV but everybody in the league is probably assuming that ATM (dont think dirty), he is untouchable.

If Phoenix asks for a sign and trade, how would it work? I dont think there are any players that Phoenix would want in exchange for Nash on the current Raptors team that the Raps are willing to give up. I think trading for Nash would definitely involve at least one of Bargnani, DD or JV, IMO, i'd rather keep those three than get Nash, well, unless BC is already sure he'll land a superstar FA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    Unfortunately, i think the pick is the most valuable asset the Raps have now, well, apart from JV but everybody in the league is probably assuming that ATM (dont think dirty), he is untouchable.

If Phoenix asks for a sign and trade, how would it work? I dont think there are any players that Phoenix would want in exchange for Nash on the current Raptors team that the Raps are willing to give up. I think trading for Nash would definitely involve at least one of Bargnani, DD or JV, IMO, i'd rather keep those three than get Nash, well, unless BC is already sure he'll land a superstar FA.
    I'm no so sure. It's not like most S&T deals, which are done to help the team signing the player, due to them not having sufficient cap space to sign the player outright. In this case, the Raptors could quite easily sign Nash to 3/$30M without requiring a S&T, since they have cap space available. From what I read, Nash just wants to be a standup guy and help his old team get something for him, rather than just see him walk for nothing in return (he wants to repay their loyalty to him). I think if Toronto provided a PG replacement - either Calderon or Bayless (Phoenix kid), in a double S&T - and perhaps a 2nd round pick or two (ie: #56 and/or #37 and/or 2013 2nd round pick), that would be a fair return for a guy who's chosen to leave via free agency.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tesla wrote: View Post
    http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/06/2...04&feedID=3801

As long as we don't trade the pick.
    Why would Toronto trade the first rounder for Nash? Who even thinks that's a possibility? I could see Toronto doing a S&T and moving one of the second rounders or a 2013 second rounder. That seems fair.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...pen-everything

Steve Nash 'open to everything'

Set to become an unrestricted free agent July 1, Steve Nash says he's keeping his options open.

Stephen A. Smith & Ryan Ruocco
    Play Podcast

Unrestricted free agent PG Steve Nash says he has not ruled out New York but money will factor in to his choice.

More Podcasts »

"It sounds like a company line, but my situation really right now is I'm open to everything," the Phoenix Suns point guard told ESPN NewYork 98.7's Stephen A. Smith and Ryan Ruocco on Monday, "and I will definitely look at every situation that comes my way on Sunday, and I'm not going to close myself to any opportunities."

Nash is expected to have plenty of suitors, including the New York Knicks. The 16-year veteran has expressed interest in playing in New York and wouldn't be opposed to playing with Jeremy Lin or for coach Mike Woodson.

"I wouldn't have any fear of the fans maybe having a love affair with Jeremy," Nash said. "I think it's great. ... That doesn't really bother me."

Nash thrived in ex-Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni's high octane run-and-gun offense.

Nash It sounds like a company line, but my situation really right now is I'm open to everything and I will definitely look at every situation that comes my way on Sunday, and I'm not going to close myself to any opportunities.
    ” -- Steve Nash

"Everyone knows I love Mike. We had some good years together," Nash said. "It would've been another factor, but what's in the past is in the past. When Sunday (July 1) comes around, I'm going to have to look at everything with fresh new eyes and see what's best for me."

The Knicks are still waiting to see how much salary cap space they have to add a player like Nash. An arbitrator ruled that Lin and Steve Novak should be granted Bird rights, enabling the Knicks to go over the cap to sign them. But the NBA has appealed.

The Knicks are just one of several teams likely to be interested in Nash. The Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers and Dallas Mavericks are also possibilities, as are the Brooklyn Nets if they can't re-sign Deron Williams. And Nash didn't rule out staying in Phoenix.

Nash is 38, so his career is winding down. He wants to win a championship but also wants to be compensated as well.

Nash said he worries about the possibility of taking less money to play for a team he believes is a contender, only for one of its top players to be injured -- or worse, for him to be traded.

"I have to be really careful and make a sound decision," Nash said.

Knicks Blog

Knicks Looking for more information on your Knicks? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

Nash, who averaged 12.5 points and 10.7 assists for the Suns last season, still considers himself an elite point guard in the NBA and feels he can play three more seasons at a high level.

So would he rather join the Heat and win a title or be on the team that knocks them off?

"The truth is I'm a bit old school. For me, it would be hard to put on a Lakers jersey. That's just the way it is," Nash said. "You play against them so many times in the playoffs, and I just use them as an example, and I have the utmost respect for them and their organization.

"I kind of have that tendency (to try to beat the best teams), so it is strange, but as a free agent you're free to go where you want, so I'd have to consider everything regardless of the past or the future."

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--st...t-options.html

A native of Vancouver, British Columbia, Nash was recently named general manager of Canada’s national team. He called the possibility of playing in his home country for the Raptors "exciting."

"They’re trying to move the game forward in Canada and help that franchise move forward," Nash said.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

**Posted in another thread as well. Sorry about that**

Raptors Front Runners for Nash? The Houston Rockets have been trying to pry away the #8 overall pick from the Toronto Raptors however their offer of Kyle Lowry and one of the picks in the teens that the Rockets hold apparently wasn’t enough to get a deal done.

Sources near that process say that Toronto has been given serious signals from Steve Nash that they could land him in free agency, so much so that acquiring Lowry is not something the Raptors feel they need.

Nash has professed all week that he has made no Free Agency decisions and plans to listen to everyone on Sunday, however if the Raptors are turning away Kyle Lowry and a draft pick, either they really don’t like Lowry or they have something more lined up with Nash.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-tra...r-of-draft-day

This was written by Steve Kyler. I find he and Alex Kennedy to be the best for 'sources' in the NBA. Another HW.com writer, Bill Ingram, I think is a blow hard when it comes to 'sources' and rumours. However, one area where I listen to him is the Rockets as he is a professed Rocket fan and that is the #1 team he follows. When it comes to the Rockets I give him credibility - on nothing else though, lol.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

This also somewhat gives creedence to the notion that a good to great point guard would bring out the best in players like Barnes and of course JV

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    This also somewhat gives creedence to the notion that a good to great point guard would bring out the best in players like Barnes and of course JV
    The only issue is that window is 2-3 years and then the Raps need another incredible, pass first PG. However, I take that risk and work for 2 years to find his replacement.

This is an old debate but I look at Nash as much less of an injury risk over the next couple of years than Jose Calderon.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's my question to Nash. "What are you waiting for?"

If he's waiting for July 1st (presumably for offers from other teams), it appears that he still has a decision to make.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Here's my question to Nash. "What are you waiting for?"

If he's waiting for July 1st (presumably for offers from other teams), it appears that he still has a decision to make.
    My understanding is that he can't 'officially' decide until July 1st, since he can't negotiate with teams until then, although I'm sure he could let Phoenix know what his intentions are. He also can't sign/S&T until July 11th.

I'm not sure how the "not negotiating until July 1st" works, since Danny Ainge mentioned in an article about KG that he could talk to KG about his status anytime, but couldn't talk to Ray Allen about his status until July 1st.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for clarifying.

KG makes his own rules
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    My understanding is that he can't 'officially' decide until July 1st, since he can't negotiate with teams until then, although I'm sure he could let Phoenix know what his intentions are. He also can't sign/S&T until July 11th.

I'm not sure how the "not negotiating until July 1st" works, since Danny Ainge mentioned in an article about KG that he could talk to KG about his status anytime, but couldn't talk to Ray Allen about his status until July 1st.

Or Phoenix can let Nash know what other sign and trade options have appeared besides the raptors. Assuming a team can talk with their own free agents

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jbml wrote: View Post
    Or Phoenix can let Nash know what other sign and trade options have appeared besides the raptors. Assuming a team can talk with their own free agents
    True, but I would imagine that teams wouldn't discuss S&T deals until Nash indicates that he would sign with the team. It becomes an even bigger issue if the trade discussion could include multiple S&T (ie: Bayless to Phoenix for Nash), since Bayless would have to want to sign with Phoenix, even if Phoenix and Toronto were open to making the trade. Who knows what really goes on behind the scenes, regardless what the CBA rules stipulate.

Post Thanks / Like

Nash just tweeted this: http://hoopshype.com/videos/thelight...e-in-the-force

pretty funny stuff

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

pretty funny stuff
    That's actually pretty funny indeed.

Post Thanks / Like

Nash update article from ESPN: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...onger-home-run

I'm trying to remain objective, but I can't help but think he's leaning quite heavily towards Toronto. Wishful thinking? We shall see...

Post Thanks / Like

pretty funny stuff
    I still have a big grin on my face, Nash does the best videos!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hollinger: What's the next move for Nash?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/conve...ove-steve-nash

Toronto: If I had to bet on one of these outcomes as most likely, this is the one. Toronto has money and motive, and the situation packs enough positives for Nash to join in. For starters, he goes way back with Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo (who signed him away from Dallas before), and there's the obvious patriotic impulse to help the game in Canada.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Steve Nash thinks Toronto is a "project"

In an interview with Mark Stein, Steve Nash admitted that by coming to Toronto as a free agent he probably wouldn't be winning a championship in the next three years, but that it would be an interesting project.

VIDEO INTERVIEW

I guess it means that Nash is looking to sign a three-year deal.

For those who want Lowry over Nash, I think you should probably realize that with only two years left on his deal Lowry would likely leave as a free agent after two years. So what's better? Three years of Nash or two years of Lowry?

PS. Quincy Acy is a below-average rebounder at the 4. So it's time to curb those Reggie Evans comparisons.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Neither. Take the money that you'd throw at Nash for him to come here and give Dragic a long term deal. He's a UFA so we woudln't even have to trade for him.

Thread Information