Nash Watch: L.A. bound (#1009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Posted in another thread as well. Sorry about that**

Raptors Front Runners for Nash? The Houston Rockets have been trying to pry away the #8 overall pick from the Toronto Raptors however their offer of Kyle Lowry and one of the picks in the teens that the Rockets hold apparently wasn’t enough to get a deal done.

Sources near that process say that Toronto has been given serious signals from Steve Nash that they could land him in free agency, so much so that acquiring Lowry is not something the Raptors feel they need.

Nash has professed all week that he has made no Free Agency decisions and plans to listen to everyone on Sunday, however if the Raptors are turning away Kyle Lowry and a draft pick, either they really don’t like Lowry or they have something more lined up with Nash.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-tra...r-of-draft-day

This was written by Steve Kyler. I find he and Alex Kennedy to be the best for 'sources' in the NBA. Another HW.com writer, Bill Ingram, I think is a blow hard when it comes to 'sources' and rumours. However, one area where I listen to him is the Rockets as he is a professed Rocket fan and that is the #1 team he follows. When it comes to the Rockets I give him credibility - on nothing else though, lol.

Comment

• This also somewhat gives creedence to the notion that a good to great point guard would bring out the best in players like Barnes and of course JV

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
        This also somewhat gives creedence to the notion that a good to great point guard would bring out the best in players like Barnes and of course JV
        The only issue is that window is 2-3 years and then the Raps need another incredible, pass first PG. However, I take that risk and work for 2 years to find his replacement.

This is an old debate but I look at Nash as much less of an injury risk over the next couple of years than Jose Calderon.

Comment

• Here's my question to Nash. "What are you waiting for?"

If he's waiting for July 1st (presumably for offers from other teams), it appears that he still has a decision to make.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Here's my question to Nash. "What are you waiting for?"

If he's waiting for July 1st (presumably for offers from other teams), it appears that he still has a decision to make.
            My understanding is that he can't 'officially' decide until July 1st, since he can't negotiate with teams until then, although I'm sure he could let Phoenix know what his intentions are. He also can't sign/S&T until July 11th.

I'm not sure how the "not negotiating until July 1st" works, since Danny Ainge mentioned in an article about KG that he could talk to KG about his status anytime, but couldn't talk to Ray Allen about his status until July 1st.

Comment

• Thanks for clarifying.

KG makes his own rules

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                My understanding is that he can't 'officially' decide until July 1st, since he can't negotiate with teams until then, although I'm sure he could let Phoenix know what his intentions are. He also can't sign/S&T until July 11th.

I'm not sure how the "not negotiating until July 1st" works, since Danny Ainge mentioned in an article about KG that he could talk to KG about his status anytime, but couldn't talk to Ray Allen about his status until July 1st.

Or Phoenix can let Nash know what other sign and trade options have appeared besides the raptors. Assuming a team can talk with their own free agents

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                  Or Phoenix can let Nash know what other sign and trade options have appeared besides the raptors. Assuming a team can talk with their own free agents
                  True, but I would imagine that teams wouldn't discuss S&T deals until Nash indicates that he would sign with the team. It becomes an even bigger issue if the trade discussion could include multiple S&T (ie: Bayless to Phoenix for Nash), since Bayless would have to want to sign with Phoenix, even if Phoenix and Toronto were open to making the trade. Who knows what really goes on behind the scenes, regardless what the CBA rules stipulate.

Comment

• Nash just tweeted this: http://hoopshype.com/videos/thelight...e-in-the-force

pretty funny stuff

Comment

Nash just tweeted this: http://hoopshype.com/videos/thelight...e-in-the-force

pretty funny stuff
                      That's actually pretty funny indeed.

Comment

• Nash update article from ESPN: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...onger-home-run

I'm trying to remain objective, but I can't help but think he's leaning quite heavily towards Toronto. Wishful thinking? We shall see...

Comment

Nash just tweeted this: http://hoopshype.com/videos/thelight...e-in-the-force

pretty funny stuff
                          I still have a big grin on my face, Nash does the best videos!
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Hollinger: What's the next move for Nash?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/conve...ove-steve-nash

Toronto: If I had to bet on one of these outcomes as most likely, this is the one. Toronto has money and motive, and the situation packs enough positives for Nash to join in. For starters, he goes way back with Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo (who signed him away from Dallas before), and there's the obvious patriotic impulse to help the game in Canada.
                            http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

• Steve Nash thinks Toronto is a "project"

In an interview with Mark Stein, Steve Nash admitted that by coming to Toronto as a free agent he probably wouldn't be winning a championship in the next three years, but that it would be an interesting project.

VIDEO INTERVIEW

I guess it means that Nash is looking to sign a three-year deal.

For those who want Lowry over Nash, I think you should probably realize that with only two years left on his deal Lowry would likely leave as a free agent after two years. So what's better? Three years of Nash or two years of Lowry?

PS. Quincy Acy is a below-average rebounder at the 4. So it's time to curb those Reggie Evans comparisons.

Comment

• Neither. Take the money that you'd throw at Nash for him to come here and give Dragic a long term deal. He's a UFA so we woudln't even have to trade for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X