No announcement yet.

Nash Watch: L.A. bound (#1009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else find it interesting Stefanski isn't making the trip? Maybe he's sticking around to sign a free agent target or two?
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      Anyone else find it interesting Stefanski isn't making the trip? Maybe he's sticking around to sign a free agent target or two?
      Someone needs to hold down the fort!

Comment

• SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
        It does effect our flexibility going forward because Calderon is an expiring contract this year, and now we are essentially adding another 1.5 million to this contract and rolling it over for another 3 years.

Don't get me wrong I love Nash, I think he is a great player, I would be down to get him for the 6-8 million range. But 12 million a year for 3 years, No thanks. He does not address any need that we have at this point, money can be spent wisely on an OJ Mayo/Ilyasova free agent in my opinion.
        Sorry, I was speaking more towards this offseason. I just meant that getting Nash is just a $1.5M cap addition, assuming Calderon leaves. You are obviously right that there would be money tied up in Nash for two more offseasons, but there would be money tied up in either Calderon (say he re-signed for 2 years at $5M per season) or his replacement (assuming at least MLE per season). So even then, it's not like Nash's entire $12M would be hurting the cap - maybe about half of it would be, relative to another PG option, but that's not too bad when looked at on its own.

I have been a huge fan of Mayo, but with DD and Ross, the Raps don't need another SG. I know he mentioned at the end of the season that he felt he could be a PG... I'd actually be interested in signing him to co-PG with Nash (since Nash would likely only play 28-32 mins a night. Mayo could PG when Nash is on the bench (16-20 mins) and play another 12-14 at SG. DD could split time between SG and SF. I'm not sure if BC would view Mayo as a PG or not, but it could be interesting, especially if guys like Gay/Iggy/Deng/Granger/Batum/Chandler are either too expensive, unattinable or their teams are asking too much in return. However, I assume he'll sign with a team like Boston, who's been interested in him for a few seasons.

As for Ilyasova, I'm not as big on him as some. He had a great season in a shortened contract year on a bad team. I think he will be highly sought after, which will likely drive his price higher than I'd like to pay for him. For the right price he'd be interesting to consider, but there's lots of SF I'd target ahead of him, if I were BC.

Comment

• John Hollinger (ESPN) just tweeted that Portland is not one of the teams scheduled to meet with Nash.

It looks like they are either happy with Lillard, or accept they have no chance to land Nash ahead of Phoenix, Dallas and Toronto. On a related note, I wonder if Portland would be interested in Calderon as a veteran co-PG with Lillard??? lol

Comment

• Marc Stein (ESPN) tweet:

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
            As if video plea from Steve Nash hero Wayne Gretzky isn't enough I'm told Raps have Gretz lined up to call in during Sunday sitdown w/Nash

Comment

• nash is a lucky guy. i expect people that talk with gretzky feel like they are talking with superman. he would always say the right and honorable thing and you would have to listen. lucky nash to meet gretzky on canada day.
              Last edited by Miekenstien; Sun Jul 1, 2012, 03:03 AM.

Comment

• Quick browse resulted in this:

Raps have done a good job in the wee hours of free agency controlling the story so that the most prominent name attached to Nash FA is TOR.
                Source: Twitter @timpchisholm
                Agent Bill Duffy had told suitors he was looking for a deal starting at $12M for Nash, and Raptors' offer Sunday expected to be in ballpark.
                Source: Twitter @KBergCBS

Good night. I hope I don't wake up to a lump of coal in my stocking.

Comment

• I was originally against Nash going to Toronto, hoping he would end up with a contender, but after listening to that B.S. Report, I'm now too excited for it to happen. It just seems like a guy like that would totally transform the locker room, especially with two top ten picks joining the roster. And with a big shot blocker/rebounder in JV roaming the paint, my hopes are up WAAAAAAAAY too high.

Comment

• @Chris_Broussard just reported on Sportscenter that Raptors have offered @SteveNash a 3 yr 36 mil $ deal.
                    12 million/year... just did that math in my head!
                    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                    ― John Wooden

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
                      12 million/year... just did that math in my head!
                      I can verify. I got my calculator out.

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                        I can verify. I got my calculator out.

Comment

• Guess we also have to overpay Canadians to come to Canada ....and ironically on Canada Day!

I do hope Nash does not dither on the money.

Comment

• Man considering what Nash would do for the franchise, it's not overpaying at all.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• If BC was really smart he'd get Paulina Gretzkey to call Steve.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                If BC was really smart he'd get Paulina Gretzkey to call Steve.
                                If Paulina Gretzky was really smart she'd call me.

Comment

Working...
                                X